Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Poll: How long is your typical computer roleplaying game session?

How long do you typically play an RPG per session?

• I usually only play for 30 minutes or less (wimpy)

• Anywhere from 30 minutes up to about an hour

• At least an hour every time, but no more than two hours

• I'm hard core: I play more than two hours every single time

• I can't remember the last time I spent less than four hours per session (NEET)

• Sheeeit, "session"? I finish every RPG in one sitting (kc)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sunri

Liturgist
It depends how tired I'm after work and if I have something to do I guess weekday 1-3 hours and on weekend 10-12h sessions
I've seen your steam page, you had over 200 hours played in the past 2 weeks

yljBCTV.png

i wonder if this counts
I think these count more
9viNeAs.png

You look at stats from 2016 that 6 years od playing and the topic is about rpgs so they doun't count anyway :smug:

Sunri

Liturgist

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Voted for science. But yeah, don't have much time anymore so I've been slowly crawling through my catalogue.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You look at stats from 2016 that 6 years od playing and the topic is about rpgs so they doun't count anyway :smug:
Play more RPGS and less shitty multiplayer games :decline:

At least steam doesn't track Blizzard games :shredder:

Still plays Blizzard games...

:updatedmytxt:

I already stopped but I played HS and Hots a lot.

RTS click fests are a terrible sin, I am glad to hear you have left that life behind.

:whatho:

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Ulysa

Scholar
Job is draining so I don't have much juice on week days, also sitting all day is annoying. On weekends there are other things to do, so yeah 1 or 2 hs session mostly.

Codex Year of the Donut
It depends how tired I'm after work and if I have something to do I guess weekday 1-3 hours and on weekend 10-12h sessions
I've seen your steam page, you had over 200 hours played in the past 2 weeks

i wonder if this counts
I think these count more
9viNeAs.png

Of all the games you could play online you chose to play fucking DBD?
Thats not mine, I don't even know what game that is.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Thats not mine, I don't even know what game that is.

I know.

Dead by Daylight is an abomination of a game where you run around with 3 others in an empty map repairing generators with quick button prompts as you get chased by different killers from popular franchises they acquired rights for.
It's the tranny community's favorite streamer game, too.

Truly one of the worst games in existence. It literally got popular because the devs are a bunch of highly virtue-signaling scumbags.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
You can also hang little 'pride' flags off your kill hooks in DBD, because projecting your sense of non-existent victimhood to acquire attention points goes well with the pleasure of impaling a living human being!

Dead_By_Daylight_Pride_Event.jpg

y84mqajv2i171.jpg

Sunri

Liturgist
You can also hang little 'pride' flags off your kill hooks in DBD, because projecting your sense of non-existent victimhood to acquire attention points goes well with the pleasure of impaling a living human being!

Dead_By_Daylight_Pride_Event.jpg

y84mqajv2i171.jpg

Its fun game to play casualy,

Divine Blessing

Scholar
daily schedule like work-out routine, literary career obligations, overall (social) RL and esp. an existential minimum <10h sleep limit gaming sessions healthily. the rare occasions, where i overdosed on Neocron BDOY for 55hrs straight, Dark Souls 4 days and Civ IV Fall From Heaven II (mod) 3 weeks due to sickness werent the most entertaining.

what seems like a priviledge to many, is a curse to the unhappy few - performance athletics hormone levels may be orbital, but also highly addictive, as i cant enjoy anything, neither lecture, gaming nor social, without this Universal Soldier feeling of ultimate (athletic) performance. so i cant get old, wise and ugly, but body-high, texy and displayed for the maybe-brief remainder (as some r genetically allowed to powerlift until late 70s though) of my Forever Young lifestyle.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Barely an hour these days and I think that might explain why my RPG retention rate has dropped off significantly in recent years. Stop-and-go kills me. Yes, I have become a casual.

BruceVC

Magister
I find myself, especially as the years roll by, playing RPGs less and less per actual session. Oddly, I might actually play for shorter periods the more I like an RPG, and I can only guess it's because I'm attempting to savor the experience? To draw it out and enjoy it more?

In any case, what about you? Do you marathon session it every time, or do you daintily bite off little niblets at a time like I do?
Great poll and something I have been thinking about so its interesting to see the views and results

I play for 2 hours at a time normally and then have a break for 1-2 hours. But it also depends on the level of attention and excitement. So for example if I defeat a difficult boss I like to take a break and reflect on the game

And then if I find myself vexed in any game because of things like a really hard puzzle, like some in Bards Tale 4, I find having a longer break or even stopping until the next day always helps me succeed when I carry on :cool:

curds

Magister
Played lord of the rings Online for like 18 hours once. Was playing all day and next thing I knew my house mate was walking through the longueroom on his way to work in the morning.

:prosper:
This takes serious gaming fortitude, I respect this :salute:
Was the first time a played an MMO, so the steady dopamine drip offered by the "kill ten wolves, turn in for reward, repeat" gameplay intoxicated me. Can't stomach the game for more than 30 minutes any more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom