Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
What they really need to fix and at the same time can fix, is the fixers' storylines. They look like they were planned as actual questlines, same as the longer quests in Witcher 3 which would change their name as you progressed.

In CP77 you can discern repeating themes in different quests from the same fixer, but in a finished AAA game of present day it would have been much more "in-your-face" which makes me think they abandoned work on these quest lines at some point.

Last edited:

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
What they really need to fix and at the same time can fix, is the fixers' storylines. They look like they were planned as actual questlines, same as the longer quests in Witcher 3 which would change their name as you progressed.

In CP77 you can discern a repeating motives in different quests from the same fixer, but in a finished AAA game of present day it would have been much more "in-your-face" which makes me think they abandoned work on these quest lines at some point.

That cut content is quite obvious when you can visit and see the fixers themselves as characters in the game's world.

Screenshot-2020-12-18-at-3.16.12-AM-1024x578.jpg

Gargaune

Magister
Even if true, still shit game. Shit foundations, shit systems. You don't patch those in, you make another game.
The devs are really letting the hype get away from them again, people are getting way too optimistic about the improvement patch 1.5 can deliver. CDPR may just manage the performance of disappointing their audience twice with one game.

Doubt that's on the menu, all the refactoring and new performance capture involved would take massive effort and cash. CDPR would have to "do over" like a third of the content on a title that's already made the most of its commercial impact. The game will sell a few more million either way, but I don't think they can justify that level of investment.

Perkel

Arcane

They do have quests and they are in main story.

Dakota is in Panam ending as important char as well as she contacts you with Panam i think + some other small bits here and there.
Street Kid start gives you close talk with Padre at start of game
Wakako is introduced in first mission as fixer fo Sara Dorset quest.

I think the main problem here is that the first one that gives you a lot of quest non stop doesn't have introduction. Buy yeah they should definitely polish more those fixers and interaction with them.

Gargaune

Magister
They do have quests and they are in main story.

Dakota is in Panam ending as important char as well as she contacts you with Panam i think + some other small bits here and there.
Street Kid start gives you close talk with Padre at start of game
Wakako is introduced in first mission as fixer fo Sara Dorset quest.

I think the main problem here is that the first one that gives you a lot of quest non stop doesn't have introduction. Buy yeah they should definitely polish more those fixers and interaction with them.
CBP's Gigs aren't Side Quests, they're Radiant Quests. Plus some writing, minus the radiance. "Oh, brave Dragonborn stupid edgerunner, I lost my helmet dildo in a dungeon sex dungeon, please help."

They were designed to be a better class of filler "Activity", but players end up perceiving them as a substandard Side Quests, hence the frustration.

EvilWolf

Learned
Even if true, still shit game. Shit foundations, shit systems. You don't patch those in, you make another game.
The devs are really letting the hype get away from them again, people are getting way too optimistic about the improvement patch 1.5 can deliver. CDPR may just manage the performance of disappointing their audience twice with one game.

Doubt that's on the menu, all the refactoring and new performance capture involved would take massive effort and cash. CDPR would have to "do over" like a third of the content on a title that's already made the most of its commercial impact. The game will sell a few more million either way, but I don't think they can justify that level of investment.
All they'd really need is new voicelines, they already have the animations and other assets they would need to work a cohesive arc in for the fixers. The only issue is Mr. Hands who doesn't have an in game model outside of the video calls. IF the 4chan leak is true however I would guess the Pacifica expansion would fix that, they could also just keep Mr. Hands in hiding as a character element I guess.
https://store.steampowered.com/sale/BestOf2021

Cyberjank wasn't able to not only get platinum, but didn't even get into gold, in the year following the release, losing to multiple indie games.
Witcher 3 was platinum in 2016/17, gold in 2018/19, silver in 2020, and now bronze.
:dead:
This is so much worse than I expected.
Critics: Cyberpunk 2077 is a buggy mess!
Also Critics: Apex Legends, New World, Battlefield 2042... I kneel.

Gargaune

Magister
All they'd really need is new voicelines, they already have the animations and other assets they would need to work a cohesive arc in for the fixers. The only issue is Mr. Hands who doesn't have an in game model outside of the video calls. IF the 4chan leak is true however I would guess the Pacifica expansion would fix that, they could also just keep Mr. Hands in hiding as a character element I guess.
A cohesive arc that actually writes in some sense of logical progression for each Fixer faction, stringing some of those disparate, standalone Gigs into quest chains, that involves you visiting said Fixers on occasion and having some sort of "cinematic" interactions to the same standards as the Side Jobs. It's not a trivial proposition and I don't think CDPR would undertake such a massive redesign at this stage in the product lifecycle. Especially since, as I suggested above, Gigs were never meant to be Side Quests but Radiant/Activity filler. I believe the quest designers aimed to improve Skyrim's "kill the giant at camp $Random" formula with some bespoke, setpiece content, but it backfired and made their filler content look like subpar side content.

JDR13

Arcane
- New features introduced in the video game such as: barber shops, garages, an improvement in the quality of the AI, a new fog system, a new interface and a complete transformation of the loot system.

That would actually be very significant, but I'll believe it when it happens.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine

Cyberjank wasn't able to not only get platinum, but didn't even get into gold, in the year following the release, losing to multiple indie games.
Witcher 3 was platinum in 2016/17, gold in 2018/19, silver in 2020, and now bronze.
Do you even see what else is in the platinium nigger? Battlefield 2042 that has NEGATIVE score on steam much worse than cyberbug keep coping.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1517290/Battlefield_2042/

Gerrard

Arcane

Do you even see what else is in the platinium nigger? Battlefield 2042 that has NEGATIVE score on steam much worse than cyberbug keep coping.

And that game with negative score still made more money than Cyberturd, which is what this ranking is about. Retard.

EvilWolf

Learned

And that game with negative score still made more money than Cyberturd, which is what this ranking is about. Retard.
Where are you getting your metrics? Numbers on Steam alone indicate that Cyberpunk 2077 has 10x the sales. Cyberpunk sold 10 million copies in the first month where Battlefield only publicly states they got 4 million sold in the first week then held an unprecedented free weekend only 2 weeks after release which screams desperation. What planet are you living on? Since the Steam Best Ofs are based on sales AND playtime it makes sense multiplayer games would have an edge, especially ones that are free/have free weekends.

Last edited:

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik

EvilWolf

Learned
There's 4chan rumors about a re-release of the game on next gen consoles called "Samurai edition":

- The Cyberpunk 2077 anime made by the Trigger studio has a story made 100% by the CD Projekt studio where they claim that the result in animation and plot is incredible and has many references to Akira.

Source: https://www.tuplaystation.es/2022/0...-anime-y-fecha-de-presentacion-segun-rumores/

I hope it looks like this for the true Trigger experience:

The irony of your use of that clip is quite remarkable. Hopefully CDPR takes note when they rework the cop AI.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
There's 4chan rumors about a re-release of the game on next gen consoles called "Samurai edition":

- CD Projekt will perform a live show in February for the presentation of this edition and other news.
- New features introduced in the video game such as: barber shops, garages, an improvement in the quality of the AI, a new fog system, a new interface and a complete transformation of the loot system.
- The promised free DLCs will be included in this edition and include 4 new weapons, the new game + mode and customization of our apartment.
- Changes will be introduced as Judy and Panam now send you more text messages and more interactions in general.
- The first expansion will take place in Pacifica and its size is big.
- A combat zone has been added where you can perform different secondary missions related to the disputes between the two gangs of the place: the Bozos (a group of psychopaths with a great sense of humor) and the Slaughterhouse (a group of violent fascists).
- Cyberpunk 2077 will receive a new minigame in the true Gwent style of The Witcher.
- The Cyberpunk 2077 anime made by the Trigger studio has a story made 100% by the CD Projekt studio where they claim that the result in animation and plot is incredible and has many references to Akira.
- Another expansion is in early development but details are still unknown.

Overall doesn't seems too crazy. I think it would be true

Source: https://www.tuplaystation.es/2022/0...-anime-y-fecha-de-presentacion-segun-rumores/

tGoNuKN.jpg

- CD Projekt will perform a live show in February for the presentation of this edition and other news.
- The promised free DLCs will be included in this edition and include 4 new weapons, the new game + mode and customization of our apartment.
- Changes will be introduced as Judy and Panam now send you more text messages and more interactions in general.
Really doesn't sound like the sort of change that would bring back those who were turned away by all the negative feedback. If true they'd be expecting marketing to once more do the heavy lifting.

RIT_SKUA

Literate
Even if true, still shit game. Shit foundations, shit systems. You don't patch those in, you make another game. Shit company.
It is so unfortunate and frustrating that this game ended up being so horrible. Not because I have any particular love for CDPR, but because there is such a severe lack of good quality, well-grounded (hard/realistic/gritty - so integral to achieving proper reification of the "Punk" aspect") science fiction games (as well as books, movies, etc.) that I fear the chilling effect this game's failure could result in - we already have a incessant stream of generic high fantasy games, and good Sci-Fi really needs something to lift it off of the cutting room floor it has typically been discarded onto.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Not even patches or DLCs can fix the fundamental flaw the the designers decided on for this "open world"game.
Players expected something among the lines of a Bethesda game, where you can ignore the mainquest and derp around playing the way you want to be. Except CDPR hid at least 70% of the content behind the mainquest. A mainquest you are forced to start pretty much right away. Then it immidiately forces two timed quests on you, forcing you go dive into the whole city, instead of moving at your own pace.
In fact, the game is designed to beeline through the mainquest, do the Arasaka ending, get dropped back after the credits and "now you can play the game". The sidequests that is. Why would you even bother with gigs or hustles at that point. Money? For what mind you, you don't need ANY cybermod at all. 99% of the main missions are designed for sneaking with scripted enemies staring at walls.
If CDPR had ANY balls, they would have locked progress behind street cred, or having to do gigs for fixers before they help you, but nope, they even give you the exact 15k Rogue wants after knocking out Sasquatch. Don't diverge from the mainquest player!
How are they going to fit in the DLC anyways? It obviously must be after the heist to access Pacifica. Hey V, we know you are dying, please ignore your desperate quest for survival and do some heist for Mister Hands?
Forcing some life and death urgency on the player in an (semi) open world game does not work. It already bit Mass Effect 3 in the ass long before this game was even planned, one could have learned from it.
"Oh noes, Reapers kill 1000s of humans every minute, Shepard halp!"
Shepard goes to the Shitadel instead, eats Sushi, plans a heist and parties all night... :hahano:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom