Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
:what:

TL;DR someone?
(I'm still fairly new here)

EDIT: I just read through some of the blog. Is this the source of all Codex dogma?

Her blog posts are worth reading and they hew very closely to codex popular opinion. Lilura's breakdown of renaissance-era cRPGs makes her probably the closest thing to a prestigious (and somewhat well-known) authority on the matter, outside of creators and RPG devs themselves (and some other authors).

From a purely academic (lol) view, I respect her opinion and would love to get my games thrashed by her. I'll leave discussion of her online persona to others.

Her instinctive dislike of jRPGs, despite her geographic location, was truly an indicator of discerning taste

So the dragon lady is actually a dragon lady? Huh, never knew that.

Edit: that's weird, my vote in this poll shouldve been in the not bad category, but its showing up under the shit option... maybe I misclicked.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Her instinctive dislike of jRPGs, despite her geographic location, was truly an indicator of discerning taste; the anime-avatar’d jRPG fans deserve no quarter

I have no idea what games are popular in Hong Kong, but it wouldn't necessarily be games from Japan. :M

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
What did Lilura say about Underrail? Can someone contact her and ask what are her conditions to rejoin the Codex? They should just give her a sub forum of her own like Prosper, plus moderation rights (limited to that sub forum, of course)

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
The new design of the blog is significantly better than whatever shit he/she had for all those years.

jackofshadows

Magister
Shame xir got bored or filtered by Underrail. I'd read more of that "review" which is rather like a start of lp.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
9a7ByOb.jpg

Wait?!? They put her in the game or is the name an old realms character?

So no dialogue option:

"What do you know of the CODEX?"

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I missed it, but did she ever say why she wanted to be completely removed/unaffiliated from WoTR?

I also find it funny that they basically completely ignored her, as that reference is as clear as it gets.

Szenhidrat

Novice
Just found that blog recently and i love it! It's like a tabloid magazine with red clickable text littered all over it! (love clicking things) Posts are somewhat interesting and sometimes even funny.
This line sums it up: What is the best Dungeons & Dragons cRPG ever made? The answer may surprise you!(<- red clicky clicky)
Awesome :)

Ninjerk

Arcane
Just found that blog recently and i love it! It's like a tabloid magazine with red clickable text littered all over it! (love clicking things) Posts are somewhat interesting and sometimes even funny.
This line sums it up: What is the best Dungeons & Dragons cRPG ever made? The answer may surprise you!(<- red clicky clicky)
Awesome :)
You're in for it now.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I missed it, but did she ever say why she wanted to be completely removed/unaffiliated from WoTR?

I also find it funny that they basically completely ignored her, as that reference is as clear as it gets.

No, but I would guess it's because she hates what she referred to as Poncefinder: Cuckmaker and didn't want to be associated with it and also didn't want this stuff competing with her for Search Engine Optimization (people searching for Lilura and getting Wrath of the Righteous related material instead of her blog). They didn't ignore her since all that needed to be changed was the name, race, and background (the character was from the Golarion equivalent of Hong Kong).

Amusing archived channer reaction: https://archive.wakarimasen.moe/vrpg/thread/1335046/
swarm dialogue is an absolute pain in the ass to find.
>Li Lura reaches for the teleportation amulet but your locusts consume her fingers first. The warrior woman barely has the time to gasp:{/n} \"A tactical... mistake...\" {n}She doesn't manage to say anything else — and soon she has nothing to talk with

THIS is what the codexniggers added in? this is the best they could come up with? pathetic.
>"I am Li Lura, a warrior, mage, and scholar of classical warfare from Tian Xia!\" {n}The woman peers at you apprehensively, then sighs.{/n} \"I admit that I am mildly offended by the fact that my name is entirely unfamiliar to you... but I'm willing to accept that this is due to Avistan's isolation from the sophisticated culture of the world at large

>I was born in Amanandar, an official colony of the Empire of Taldor on Tian Xia, so I have more affinity with your culture than other denizens of my continent. Having said that, I like to think of myself as an inhabitant of Golarion and I don't narrowly identify with any country in particular

>To witness a legendary war. The confrontation between denizens of a plane famous for its love of violence and the crusaders from every continent, united by the common goal of defending their home! An epic struggle of colossal proportions... that hasn't been particularly epic so far — truth be told

She sounds like a shittier Nenio. People paid for this?

That's because the forum member it references is a shittier Nenio, and possibly a tranny to boot.

there are multiple immediate options to tell her to fuck off at least

People sure can hate spergs. +M

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Seriously?

Also the Shrine of the Three quest that a bunch of people hate because Owlcat interpreted "force the player into turn based combat and make it tactical" in a weird way.

Act V's return to the Old Sarkorian Mines is one big homage to Fallout: the underground bunker dwellers of Mineshaft 14 all wear the same blue overalls as their forefathers, have only been forced back out into the open by the failure of their water supply, and the mine is sealed with a vault door in the shape of a rolling stone cog with Golarian numerals in the center. Their foreman is a bearded old man named Jarocen; the name of Vault 13's Overseer, given in concept art, is Jacoren. One of the oldest survivors from before the mine was sealed recently died, a druid who had a tree growing out of his head, like the old ghoul Harold in the Hub; the druid's tree is still growing out of his grave even after his death. Finally, the fight at the Shrine of the Three is a mandatory turn-based battle, and while not locked to an actual hex grid, the central chamber is in the shape of a giant hexagon, divided up by chest-high walls and daises also in the shape of hexes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom