Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout .

PrK

Savant
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I’ve already managed to mod New Vegas, but your Morrowind vanilla guide was excellent, do you happen to have something for Oblivion? I remember spending a week a long time ago modding it, and it was great, but it kept crashing shortly after exiting the sewers so I just gave up.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Why the fuck are there so many NVSE versions that need to be installed now? Can't these people just band together and combine it all?

typical user

Arbiter
Great! That is what I was looking for, a proper guide how to integrate JSawyer Ultimate with popular bugfixes and overhauls.

Great work, the best thing is most of the stuff is essential. Only UI is subjective but also easy to mod thanks to User Interface Organizer scripts.

I would also add mods like visible body in first person, third person diagonal running animations and additional tweaks from B42 Inertia's author like throwables overhaul. I think Freeside and Strip Open mods have been redone from scratch and shouldn't conflict with anything listed there.

I'm a true FNV veteran with over 1000 hours on Nexus mods. I'll save your guide for when I feel like playing playing the game again and need to be dissuaded at all costs.

laclongquan

Arcane
There's a critical lack among all those above guide

Lack of Unarmed rearm mod

Not mod per se but a replacer, adding unarmed moves and poses into the game. It start out as Fallout3 mod but applicable without fuss to FNV.

You dont use unarmed? No problem, human enemies use them too. You actually see them use much more often than you yourself.
--------------
A very nice quality of life mod is
1. Open Radio . This mod make sure you can hear Black Mountain Radio, and two soft-music Strip radios anywhere in Mojave. Why? Because BMR has best voice radio. Mr New Vegas suck ass. and classically softly played in background is nice. Make full use of existing asset in vanilla game, as it were~

Last edited:
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I am really thick about this, but what does it mean to
  • Forward the Ingredients section for record 00140A66
I've found the record, I see the Ingredients, but how do I do "Forward"?

Also, I assume "Plugins to Load" lists modules I need to choose at start of FNVEdit. However, when I choose the listed plugins, it always automatically selects some more (deps I guess). Is that ok, or does that need to be manually fixed?

EDIT:
This is what I see
RTEu9Rd.png

EDIT EDIT:
Does it mean doing this (by dragging values from one mode to another):
bvFfSl7.png

3rd Edit:
While doing the GRA tweak, the drag method doesn't work:
MGTx4ns.png

How to deal with this?

Last edited:
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yaar Podshipnik
what exactly is not working regarding 3rd edit? Do you get an error message?
regardless of what I do, I can't move the values from one mod to other. The cursor is the "not allowed" one when I try to drag values. I really need step-by-step guide on how to do that one.

No amount of polishing can shine a turd, and NV is the smelliest, disgusting turd of them all.
I think you're in a wrong thread then.

Sigourn Dammit, can't believe it was so easy :D

Anyway, it all works now, FNV looks decent even for this day and age. Thank you very much for the instructions! Whole thing took less than 3hrs, nothing near the 5 mentioned somewhere :)

Red Hexapus

Learned
Thanks for the modlist, I think I'll try it for my next playthrough (especially that it is based on VNV which I find quite good).
A question: have you included any mod to prevent the companions from attacking the enemies on sight? I've skimmed through the list but couldn't find anything like that. I find it utterly annoying when e.g. Boone decides to to engage a deathclaw, which I was attempting to sneak away from :( (or companions running towards enemies right into a mine...)

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Thanks for the modlist, I think I'll try it for my next playthrough (especially that it is based on VNV which I find quite good).
A question: have you included any mod to prevent the companions from attacking the enemies on sight? I've skimmed through the list but couldn't find anything like that. I find it utterly annoying when e.g. Boone decides to to engage a deathclaw, which I was attempting to sneak away from :( (or companions running towards enemies right into a mine...)

JIP CC

There is a passive companion option in the mod menu.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
It's nice to have some company with you on the road... but on the other hand the companion AI is atrocious, even with that mod. FNV is definitely one of those games that are more enjoyable solo.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why the fuck are there so many NVSE versions that need to be installed now? Can't these people just band together and combine it all?
modders fundamentally don't understand the concept of collaboration

I remember reading a readme from a BG modder for the Big World Project. He said there were fantastic BG mods that he wasn't able to include in the whole thing because he would contact these modders and ask them to change 1 single thing in a line of code. And they would refuse.

Most of those mods were shit anyway, so nothing of value was lost, but it's interesting.

Black Angel

Arcane
modders fundamentally don't understand the concept of collaboration
Those are additional plugins using the xNVSE as its base, not different versions of them. You know; different strokes for different taste. Just read what each and every one of them provides, and choose which one you want installed to your heart's content. I don't know about Sigourn, but I think Qolore (the author of Viva New Vegas) deems them all good enough to be included in his main guide, and trusts the players would tweak each based on their own personal preference. Nothing stops you from installing everything and not touching it; or installing what you only want; or ignore one, or ignore them all. As far as using the MO2 goes, it won't really affect the setup as a whole.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
The NVSE *plugins* don't do anything in-game by themselves, right? They just extend the engine's capabilities. So what reason is there for not bundling them together?

Black Angel

Arcane
The NVSE *plugins* don't do anything in-game by themselves, right? They just extend the engine's capabilities. So what reason is there for not bundling them together?
The way I see it, it's because the plugins listed (JIP LN, lStewieAl's Tweaks, and JohnnyGuitar) are each humongous plugins of their own.

JIP LN was initially two separate plugins, jazzisparis's (JIP) plugin and LuthienAnarion (Lutana) plugin respectively. Although I can't find the old pages for them anymore, I'd assume they've been around for as long as since NV's modding scene starts growing. Lutana's then merged into JIP's, so now we have a big ass plugin with +900 new functions.
Meanwhile, the other two was only recently (at least relatively recent when compared to how old NV's modding scene is) conceived; both was released in 2019. JohnnyGuitar adds 150+ new functions, but lStewieAl; he's one hell of a mad lad. His tweak is HUMONGOUS.
In comparison, while I can't seem to find the complete changelog for MWSE in the github they linked (albeit it's still a thorough and comprehensive documentation nonetheless), the one that's up on the Nexus is a rewrite, and was only released in 2018. I'd assume they've been working on it quite a long while, and Morrowind was released 8 years prior to New Vegas, so that might explain it, I guess.
Finally, while they don't work together to bundle all these plugins, both JohnnyGuitar and lStewieAl actually thanked jazzisparis in their credits, with JohnnyGuitar having actual contribution from JIP (not sure if they actually meant the plugin or if the individual have actual personal hand in it) and lStewieAl being of one of them actively created and maintaining JohnnyGuitar.

So why won't they just bundle them all together and make one big ass NVSE like Morrowind modding did? Like Sigourn said above, fuck if I know. They could be drama queens (as NV modding scene notoriously is known for), or they might have their own problems or life to look out for, so they can't handle such big project atm.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom