Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout Fallout: Van Buren Mod now called Fallout: Yesterday

ironmask

Arbiter
So how faithful is this to the VB docs? Was being able to play as a super mutant or ghoul something that was planned?

The Jester

Cipher
Now that I think about it, "Fallout: Yesterday" is a lame name.

Last edited:

The Jester

Cipher
If only he had a team... :negative:

He has a team of cheerleaders from NMA forums...
Ah yes the NMA cheerleaders...
700-01199283en_Masterfile.jpg

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Hexer is one of the guys in the scene most in touch with the core of Fallout. We talk from time to time on NMA. I used to help with his older version. Trust me, he's one of us.
I don't have an NMA account, ask Hexxer if he tried to get Red888guns involved; this guy was in with several Fallout projects recently and maybe he will want to contribute something to Yesterday

ironmask

Arbiter
Red888guns might be too busy to help. I think he's working on the Olympus 2207 sequel. But then again he had time to help Sonora so who knows.

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
Latest comment on NMA from Hexer, if anyone is curious:

"Hah, if it weren't for Patreon and people's donations, I wouldn't even be writing updates. I prefer working on the game much more.
But since you asked, why not answer... R4 is cca 60% complete! We're on track with everything and ahead of schedule with some stuff but the bottleneck is coding all that in as I am the only one doing that. Nowadays, Fallout 2 programmers are like Bigfoots. You might see or hear about one, but you won't be able to catch him"

Juju Zombie

Novice
New update was released yesterday.
Finally, they added the High Res mod:kfc:

::4TH RELEASE CHANGELOG, JANUARY 3RD, 2022.::

[GENERAL]
- Added 13 new world map locations to the game.
- Added High Resolution mod.
- Added talking heads to some characters.
- Updated sfall to the latest 4.2.9.
- Upgraded Pip-Boy to Lil-Pip 3000 model.
- Added 10 new loading screens.
- Added inventory filter mod.
- Removed light from Endless Walkers. Only Glowing Ones should emit light around them.
- Improved party member control.
- Fixed crashing after accessing XL70E3 schematic in Mr. Fixit!
- Fixed crashing after using holodisks or Pancho Villa comic from inside the inventory.
- Fixed giant wasp/cazador action frame issues.
- Some smaller changes and fixes.
[SOUND]
- Added new music to the game.

Alphons

Cipher
Russian Youtuber Warlockracy did a video about Yesterday and wasn't impressed.

He made some wrong claims throughout the video and called out hexer for doing new sprites instead of scripting quests and comparing unfinished mod to Sonora.

Hexer decided to remove any links to current build and stop the public updates.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Russian Youtuber Warlockracy did a video about Yesterday and wasn't impressed.

He made some wrong claims throughout the video and called out hexer for doing new sprites instead of scripting quests and comparing unfinished mod to Sonora.

Hexer decided to remove any links to current build and stop the public updates.

Well, the guy is a youtuber (aka a retard) making a video about a alpha build of a mod (one of the dumbest thing you could do).
If I was in Hexer's shoes, I'd hire Bulgarian hitman to hunt him down.
Politics, bankers, lawyers and youtubers are really the dregs of society.

Last edited:

Alphons

Cipher
Not the best idea in regards to bugfixing and reporting

Told him that it would be a better idea to contact the guy and ask him to make some corrections (he also had some totally legitimate criticism like certain sprites not fitting the game).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom