Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

GOG.com

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Only one I don't own is Urban Chaos. Is it pretty good?
It's decent title, you need to get used to the control setup. But it's playable on kb+m.
It's one of those games (after 2nd half of VtM Redemption) about apocalypse coming when 2000 starts yada yada. All I remember was fighting with punks (or they were modern nazis?) with kung-fu style due to ammo shortage in my police pistol, then got bored after 1st mission.
Levels were big, you could drive, climb on the buildings, slide on the lines and all that stuff. IIRC there were parts where you did mundane police jobs, with tickets but that might be me mixing it with other games...

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
OK. My insanity buying this apocalyptic Holiday Season is thus: (yeah, I should have listened to codex before the buying but w/e....).
ADOM (Ancient Domains of Mystery)
Agony
Agony UNRATED
ATOM RPG - Trudograd + DLC

Beautiful Desolation Deluxe Edition + DLC
Blade of Darkness
Blade of Darkness [DEMO]

(Blitzkrieg Anthology)
Blitzkrieg 1
Blitzkrieg 1 - Burning Horizon - Rolling Thunder - Iron Division

(Blitzkrieg 2 Anthology)
Blitzkrieg 2
Blitzkrieg 2 - Liberation

Call of Juarez
Call of Juarez - Bound In Blood
Call of Juarez - Gunslinger
Caves of Qud
Crime Cities
Cyberpunk 2077

Darksiders Genesis
Darksiders 3 Deluxe Edition + DLC
Disco Elysium - The Final Cut

Geneforge 1 - Mutagen + DLC
God's Trigger O.M.G. Edition
Greedfall - Gold Edition + DLC
GRIP + DLC
Haven
Hello Neighbor + DLC
Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition
HunieCam Studio

I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream
Iratus - Lord of the Dead + DLC
Iron Danger + DLC

Journey to the Savage Planet + Hot Garbage Bundle

Knights of the Chalice

Metro Franchise Bundle
Metro Exodus + DLC
Metro 2033 Redux
Metro Last Light Redux
Monkey King - Master of the Clouds
Monstrum + DLC

No Man's Sky
Nox Archaist + DLC

Queens Wish - The Conqueror + DLC

Realms of Antiquity (itchio)
Realms of Quest V (Double-sided games)

S2: Silent Storm Gold Edition
Shadow Tactics - Blades of the Shogun + DLC
Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
Spellforce 3 + DLC
Solasta - Crown of the Magister + DLC (Primal Calling)
STASIS - BONE TOTEM [DEMO]

(Supreme Commander Gold Edition)
Surpeme Commander 1
Surpreme Commander 1 - Forged Alliance
Supreme Commander 2 + DLC

Telepath Tactics
The Chronicles of Myrtana - Archolos
The Dungeons of Naheubleuk - The Amulet of Chaos Ultimate Edition
The Longing
The Suicide of Rachel Foster
The Witcher Goodies Collection
The Witness
Tokyo Xanadu eX+

Ultimate ADOM - Caverns of Chaos + DLC (Save the World Edition)
UnReal World (itchio)
Urban chaos

Witches Chronicles (itchio)

X-Morph - Defense Complete Edition

Of all of thse, I'm rather interested in The Longing. I mean you can essentially turn off your computer and come back a year later and it will have opened up shit. Sure you have to play some but lots of WAITING! But how long will I wait to actually download it and install it? Game can't play itself in the cloud..... or can it? Maybe when I install it the game will be done and finished.

Last edited:

FreshCorpse

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I got (I think all from GOG):
  • ATOM RPG - which is brill, loving it
  • Dusk, which I have high hopes for
  • UnderRail
  • Before your eyes
  • Betrayal at Krondor

And I sold Dragon Quest XI for the switch, getting most of my money back. I took a chance on it as I'm not normally a JRPG persion and it has very comfy art but is just too long and boring.

racofer

Thread Incliner
This sale:
  • Thief Gold
  • Thief 2: The Metal Age
  • Thief 3: Deadly Shadows
  • Intravenous
  • Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun - Aiko's Choice
  • The House of Da Vinci
  • The House of Da Vinci 2
+ some DLCs for games I already owned
+ the giveaways, with the exception of Shadow Tactics which I already had.

Ivan

Arcane
Dusk, which I have high hopes for
200.webp

enjoy!

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I remember those were pretty sweet for Spectrum games, but the control scheme was very limiting. Some of the features seem pretty bizarre though. You can make it look like a ZX-81 or Atari 2600 game? Systems that by the time the original was released were incredibly out of date? Pretty sure the ZX-81 was only in B&W and used the text mode exclusively. :roll:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I watched a vid on them and the rerelease... lessee

That third game I linked I have no idea about.

Is Clive related to Cleve? Make's me wonder.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Maz Spork?

Anyway, NINJA + Machine gun.
393092-saboteur-zx-spectrum-front-cover.jpg

Wait... I thought the ninja was an ugly dude with vengeance in his blood. Now we're booty call ninja.
259452-saboteur-ii-commodore-64-front-cover.jpg

YES FREE GAME OFFER
259453-saboteur-ii-commodore-64-back-cover.jpg

Durell Games list:
Saboteur II: Avenging Angel (2019)
Saboteur! (2018)
Spitfire (1989)
Saboteur II (1987)
Chain Reaction (1987)
Sigma 7 (1986)
Deep Strike (1986)
Fat Worm Blows A Sparky (1986)
Turbo Esprit (1986)
Durell Big 4 (1986)
Thanatos (1986)
Saboteur (1986)
Power (1985)
Shades (1985)
Space Hawks (1985)
Combat Lynx (1984)
Jungle Trouble (1983)
Scuba Dive (1983)
Dam Buster (1983)
Harrier Attack! (1983)

c64 great panther muderer
229689-saboteur-ii-commodore-64-front-cover.jpg

and of course
684813-saboteur-sio-nintendo-switch-front-cover.jpg

"Description
Steam Store Description (from Ad Blurbs)

Saboteur SiO is the official sequel to the classic retro games Saboteur! and Saboteur II: Avenging Angel.
Travel the world in this original ninja mission, created and developed by the original author, Clive Townsend.

In 1985 Saboteur! received the prestigious award "The Crash Smash" from Crash magazine and was high-rated with a 93% score. In 1987 Clive made the sequel Saboteur II: Avenging Angel - the first video game to feature a female protagonist - Nina - sister of the ninja from the first game. Now, after over three decades, SimFabric in collaboration with Clive Townsend have prepared the next installment in the Saboteur saga.

- 19 Special story-related achievements.
- All new levels, enemies, and story by Clive Townsend.
- Original Soundtrack by: Sean Fountain, Geovarius, Zoltar Dreamusic, and Jeroen Tel.
- Original Retro graphics and extra screen modes for ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amstrad CPC, and Game Boy.
- 9 Language versions - English, Polish, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, Czech.

Retro options:
- Scanlines.
- CRT Moire.
- Retro, Modern, and 'Original' title and menu.
- Retro and Modern in-game panel.
- Modern difficulty setting, for players with non-retro skills ;-)"

Are we sure this isn't Cleve?
Packaging : ElectronicCountries : Australia
21777.gif
and New Zealand
26550.gif
Package Comments : download release

The music they used for their trailer vids was ok.

IS that a mini-flame thrower? A flare? Ninja power?
658523-saboteur-nintendo-switch-front-cover.jpg

AHA! So she is a ginger
Title600x338.png

I predict Last ninja trilogy MIGHT make it to gog but the thing is #3 never was on DOS... I don't think.

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Hilarious covers. The first two games should get an optional "graphical improvement" mode similar to how the third game looks, for those who aren't purists and/or don't wish to go blind staring at these monochrome screens.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I almost expect Last Ninja to be soon on GOG. DL your abandonware now. LN is more like an action adventure game rather than an RPG. Perhaps Saboteur is such as well. You don't level up but you do collect shit to finish your goals. Maybe its a pity it never was an RPG or the continuations were cancelled.

Ok, back you your regularly scheduled GOG releases.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Sometimes the linking to the pages fails. I remember losing the free links page of actual games and not DLCs a long time ago. I just go to this part instead and filter out the DLCs and Demo's from the full free games: GOG LINK

Let's see if that works.

EDIT -----
Hold On... I think he meant this page: LINK FREE GAMES

The winter sale link was removed I believe since it is over.

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Last Ninja is the quintessential example of rose-tinted nostalgia.

Game premise looks cool and the soundtrack is amazing... but the controls are terrible.

And it's becoming more and more a thing now that old games are sold on digital stores with non-MSDOS versions.

The problem with doing that is that it requires emulators, and that's yet another rightsholder that needs to be dealt with.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Yeah, controls are damn annoying in the game. Same can be said for Spell of Destruction (Wizardry by theEdge) sword play. I actually never saw the ST/Amiga version until I posted. As usual, DOS is missing a game. Remakes just failed or died.

More like the last wizard dressed as a ninja.

Music and art often becomes a hobby.

Now this was a fanmade editor:

Last Ninja - the Legend of the Sade can be downloaded freely from http://heechee.net/c64/ninja/main.php.

I really should just make a games thread on ninjas and trim these. Its taking away from GOG.

Last edited:

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
The problem with doing that is that it requires emulators, and that's yet another rightsholder that needs to be dealt with.
I think for a lot of these games that issue might already be solved. There's this Antstream streaming thing that has a lot of games from platforms like the C64, Amiga and others already. But given what I know about the licenses that are needed to do these things, I'm sure some games have a separate sell and stream contract.

Azdul

Magister
And it's becoming more and more a thing now that old games are sold on digital stores with non-MSDOS versions.

Hardware rights are not the biggest issue - the problem is that there is no high level emulator like DosBox for other platforms.

There is a reason why you don't pay royalties to Microsoft or license AMI BIOS or Tseng VGA ROM when releasing a game packaged with DosBox - it is not really an emulator of complete hardware system - more like reimplementation of various 'de facto standard' APIs of DOS era.

Releasing Amiga or Atari ST version would be like releasing DOS game packaged with MESS or PCem. No matter if you pay for license for decades old ROMs, or use 'clean room' reverse-engineered reimplementations - at some point it's just easier to translate original game assembly code into portable C instead of dealing with arcane bugs, hardware quirks and clever copy protections.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I think for a lot of these games that issue might already be solved. There's this Antstream streaming thing that has a lot of games from platforms like the C64, Amiga and others already. But given what I know about the licenses that are needed to do these things, I'm sure some games have a separate sell and stream contract.

Antstream has a good idea, but the execution is a joke.

I know of players who lose connections to the servers and the controls stop responding in the middle of the game... and these are people in London, the same place the Antstream servers themselves are!

Solo developers are doing great on Antstream, though - they get their games sorted and running usually within six weeks, from what I've heard.

When it comes to the 1980s-era systems in particular, Antstream had to make a choice of which systems to pick up from the publishers, so they have plenty of Amiga and C-64 and arcade conversions, but very few titles on other platforms.

Last edited:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I think Antstream is ond of the few things even keeping AtariVCS alive. They're fucking slow on releasing content.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

I was curious on the movement. Looks like enough screenshots can make a map.

I did manage to find a couple sites that had the dos files. One was even the blue disk file? Eh, w/e. I will compare them I guess. They should be identical and I guess there really isn't much of a manual.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Apparently GOG no longer have the budget to write newsposts: https://af.gog.com/news/preorder_elex_ii?as=1649904300

Title: ELEX II

Genre: Open-world action RPG

Planned release date: 1st March 2022

Discount: 10 % off until 1st March 1 2022, 6 PM UTC.

https://af.gog.com/news/preorder_martha_is_dead?as=1649904300

Title: Martha is Dead

Genre: Adventure

Planned release date: 24th February 2022

Discount: The Town Of Light game is added to this pre-order until the premiere of Martha is Dead

https://af.gog.com/news/coming_soon_lust_from_beyond_m_edition?as=1649904300

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom