Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Which Pathfinder AP should OwlCat adapt next? In your opinion?

In your opinion, which one should be the next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mauman

Learned
Have you actually read the description of what is required for guns in Pathfinder RAW?

I don't want this type of weapon implemented, period. Unless, as I've written, it is a full replacement of existing medieval weapons.
Yup, I have. Honestly, any other discussion I would have with you wouldn't go very well due to my low opinion of you, so I'm just going to ignore whatever response you have.

Mauman

Learned
Think the consensus is that PF 2E is basically PF trying to be D&D 5E, all balanced and streamlined, and the problem is that in that case you might as well play 5E instead.

I read the PF 2E rules, and yeah my first thought was 5E with a hint of 4E.

Considering I dislike 5E and outright despise 4E, if Owlcat goes that direction I'm going to completely bail.

mondblut

Arcane
I was reading through the first Strange Aeons book and immediately found an asexual NPC.
Asexuality is based.

When a woman says she is "asexual", what she actually says is "I am not going to sleep with you, but I am nice enough to pretend that this is not about you".

When a man says he is "asexual", what he actually says is "noooo, I am not a virgin reject, I didn't want any sex anyway!111". That, or "ugh, you are fat".

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Queers don't play PnP.
I don't think you've been in touch with the PnP world lately (lately meaning in the last 10 years at least).

Queers representation among PnP players is disproportionate to an insane level. Sadly, rusty is right on this one: PnP is a magnet for degenerates. At least that's how it is in Italy and the US, maybe gays don't exist in Germany.

When a woman says she is "asexual", what she actually says is "I am not going to sleep with you, but I am nice enough to pretend that this is not about you".

When a man says he is "asexual", what he actually says is "noooo, I am not a virgin reject, I didn't want any sex anyway!111". That, or "ugh, you are fat".
I only know one person who identifies as asexual and he is genuinely not interested in sex.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
If faggots have taken over the hobby to such a degree as you claim then we've already lost. Might as well close the Gazebo.

Humbaba

Arcane
The fact that they felt the need to point out a character's sexuality in the first place is problematic enough. In a godless and increasingly acultural society, people base their identities on weird shit like sexuality, hobbies or consumer products.

Yep. And honestly I believe that they included the BlackWater part to gauge the popularity of a possible iron gods game.
Yes please! We haven't had a good non-standard fantasy cRPG in years.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The fact that they felt the need to point out a character's sexuality in the first place is problematic enough. In a godless and increasingly acultural society, people base their identities on weird shit like sexuality, hobbies or consumer products.

Yep. And honestly I believe that they included the BlackWater part to gauge the popularity of a possible iron gods game.
Yes please! We haven't had a good non-standard fantasy cRPG in years.

It is a complete waste as far as ideas and simple text space goes. No sane GM is going to bring up the sexuality of a random minor NPC and no sane player is going to care.
In essence its exactly like this:
Baldurs-Gate-Dragonspear-Mizhena.jpg

Humbaba

Arcane
I mean it's just textbook virtue signalling to a certain crowd. Dogwhistling basically.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
And there is any good horror RPG? I can only think in good hortror segments in RPGs like the ocean house in VtMB and maybe the death mask productions. In tabletop, DM a horror campaign is not easy. And in CRPG is much harder. Mainly considering Owlcat's target audience(3.Xe fans). Horror requires a lot of work in sound design, level design, enemy design, voice actors, encounter design(...)
Still applicable:
Nathaniel Chapman said:
Horror RPGs are tough because one of the things that makes something terrifying is our reaction to things that are unknown and that we don’t think we can deal with. On the flipside, RPGs generally follow a power fantasy arc where things may be scary at first but as you defeat them, you become more powerful and they lose their ability to frighten you. Making an enemy or enemies that remain scary in the long term throughout a game while maintaining the core RPG power fantasy is very tricky. I think there are a few games that have done a pretty good job at taking steps to merge the two (System Shock 2 is probably the best example I can think of) but I haven’t really seen a standout example yet.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I was reading through the first Strange Aeons book and immediately found an asexual NPC.

View attachment 22236

Garundi = Nigger
And I assume "full-figured beauty" = fat

Honestly, what did you expect? We already know that they're pozzed and had seen how pozzed they are. Asexuals are borderline vanilla compared to their other NPCs.

The AP is comparatively harmless compared to the garbage we got with Wrath, although much of that is due to Owlcat adding their own brand of faggotry on top.
At least in Rise of the Runelords I couldn't find any references to sexuality.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
If they had better writers I would say War Hammer! Also must directing needs a lot of work for their next project.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In

View attachment 22236

Garundi = Nigger

Honestly, what did you expect? We already know that they're pozzed and had seen how pozzed they are. Asexuals are borderline vanilla compared to their other NPCs.

The AP is comparatively harmless compared to the garbage we got with Wrath, although much of that is due to Owlcat adding their own brand of faggotry on top.

That's because it was published back in 2007. It was the time of strong womyn, not queers.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

View attachment 22236

Garundi = Nigger

That's because it was published back in 2007. It was the time of strong womyn, not queers.

That explains why pretty much every major NPC happens to be a woman.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom