Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Wrathfinder builds general

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
1. Why not a wizard for beating DC? And for faster megamagic?
2. Why not Enchantment with a crossblooded sorcerer with Serpentine and Fey bloodlines and then a Mythic about jokes? It is a favourite build from Russian munchkins.

volklore

Arcane
1)Wizard would be my pick (probably diviner for yuge initiative) if I played mostly RTwP or on unfair because of the way the full-round action is implemented in RTwP: In RtwP you are stuck casting for an entire round, but in Turn-based, like in tabletop, it just means you can't take a move action- so I used reach rods to circumvent that and by act 4 you get quicken rods so that matters a lot less.
Sorcerer's best feature when it comes to metamagic is that it can have it's entire spellbook complete with every metamagic combination of any spell prepared at all times. You can't have this flexibility with your chosen spells as a wizard. It is just a matter of picking spells that complement each other well, have different descriptors, target different saves.

2)Crossblooded sorcerer sucks : You basically get 1 less spell slots each spell level and you lose that slot on the front end, i.e you lose another entire level of spell progression compared to wizard : lvl2 spells come at lvl 5 etc... Doesn't seem like a good trade when you can just use a different spell. Also enchantment is meh, Illusion is better midgame, and conjuration is solving every encounter early game. Going enchantment just for best jokes just didn't seem good for me. Wizard enchantment spell list is not great (Compared to bard for example) and until they fix spellbooks for non-merge path, enchantment spells from the azata spellbook are just there for show.

Last edited:
For anyone curious, I decided to throw together that Armoured Angel Oracle build for the fun of it, just to see what it looks like. Its designed for solo play, but it should be able to slot quite nicely into a group, with a couple of changes (which I will detail below).
The Build Itself:
mWOCJQ8.png

jzIRE2g.png

Enemies Trying to hit you:
AwcKjZt.png

sXtJYgF.png

You hitting enemies:
o2wLQoK.png
This build should work on hard-unfair just fine. Starting Attributes are:

1. 18 Strength
2. 9 Dexterity
3. 10 Constitution
4. 14 Intelligence
5. 8 Wisdom
6. 19 Charisma.

On the road to 20, 1 point was put into Charisma and 4 points into Strength.

For skill points, the only investment which has a numerical impact on the performance of the build is 3 points into mobility, if you are using fight defensively. Other than that, I distributed my points between Perception, Trickery, Lore Religion and Use Magic Device.

This build takes the Battle Mystery and then Waves later on, when you get the mythic feat for a 2nd mystery. The Revelations it takes, in the order I took them in are Skill at Arms, Weapon Mastery, War Sight, Fluid Nature, Icy Skin and Battlecry. Its important to note that these Revelations give you a lot of feats and you do not want to take any of these feats on level up, otherwise the points are wasted. Feats provided by the Revelations are Martial Weapons Proficiency, Heavy Armour Proficiency, Weapon Focus, Improved Critical, Greater Weapon Focus, Uncanny Dodge and Dodge.

The reason the build takes extend spells is to combo with Enduring Spells and Greater Enduring Spells, allowing you to extend 1 round/level spells to 24h duration. Mythic Dodge is not a good feat, I only allocated it as a solo character runs out of good options to invest in quickly. For party play, allocate something else, for example Leading Strike.

Anyhow, in a group I would make the following changes.
Swap out Mythic Dodge with Leading Strike. Drop the Wings feat for something else, you do not need that bonus in a party. Potentially grab the Sword of Heaven buff that shares the sword with party members, instead of the Everlasting Flame. Lower the character's intelligence score and use the points to balance out the dex and wisdom.

As far as the gear choices, I went with weapon focus in longswords because there are so many of them. In combat you can swap between using power attack and fight defensively as needed, depending on the circumstances of the fight.

Love the Build so far, one question: Did you merge the Spellbooks? Seems like a no-brainer to me, but then again, im no good at building characters, so I thought I should ask first.

Sharpedge

Prophet
For anyone curious, I decided to throw together that Armoured Angel Oracle build for the fun of it, just to see what it looks like. Its designed for solo play, but it should be able to slot quite nicely into a group, with a couple of changes (which I will detail below).
The Build Itself:
mWOCJQ8.png

jzIRE2g.png

Enemies Trying to hit you:
AwcKjZt.png

sXtJYgF.png

You hitting enemies:
o2wLQoK.png
This build should work on hard-unfair just fine. Starting Attributes are:

1. 18 Strength
2. 9 Dexterity
3. 10 Constitution
4. 14 Intelligence
5. 8 Wisdom
6. 19 Charisma.

On the road to 20, 1 point was put into Charisma and 4 points into Strength.

For skill points, the only investment which has a numerical impact on the performance of the build is 3 points into mobility, if you are using fight defensively. Other than that, I distributed my points between Perception, Trickery, Lore Religion and Use Magic Device.

This build takes the Battle Mystery and then Waves later on, when you get the mythic feat for a 2nd mystery. The Revelations it takes, in the order I took them in are Skill at Arms, Weapon Mastery, War Sight, Fluid Nature, Icy Skin and Battlecry. Its important to note that these Revelations give you a lot of feats and you do not want to take any of these feats on level up, otherwise the points are wasted. Feats provided by the Revelations are Martial Weapons Proficiency, Heavy Armour Proficiency, Weapon Focus, Improved Critical, Greater Weapon Focus, Uncanny Dodge and Dodge.

The reason the build takes extend spells is to combo with Enduring Spells and Greater Enduring Spells, allowing you to extend 1 round/level spells to 24h duration. Mythic Dodge is not a good feat, I only allocated it as a solo character runs out of good options to invest in quickly. For party play, allocate something else, for example Leading Strike.

Anyhow, in a group I would make the following changes.
Swap out Mythic Dodge with Leading Strike. Drop the Wings feat for something else, you do not need that bonus in a party. Potentially grab the Sword of Heaven buff that shares the sword with party members, instead of the Everlasting Flame. Lower the character's intelligence score and use the points to balance out the dex and wisdom.

As far as the gear choices, I went with weapon focus in longswords because there are so many of them. In combat you can swap between using power attack and fight defensively as needed, depending on the circumstances of the fight.

Love the Build so far, one question: Did you merge the Spellbooks? Seems like a no-brainer to me, but then again, im no good at building characters, so I thought I should ask first.
Yes I did.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I started a new game as an Enlightened Philosopher/Oracle that will go with the Aeon path. 16 strength, 18 char, etc. Battle mystery and Glaive weapon focus.

I just cast bull strength and enlarge, then chop people in half with the glaive. Seelah and Wenduag play distraction. I'm going to make Wendu into a weapon finesse estoc/shield-bash fighter/slayer hybrid. I thought the Estoc was a 2 hander actually, but whatever, now I can boost her AC even higher with the shield.

I just did the Woljif quest in the beginning city, now going to clear out the market so I can cross the bridge. Woljif is going to be a dual-wielding dagger wizard of some sort. Not sure which other class to pick, but I'm going to give him the 4th level in rogue eldritch scoundrel so he can get those lvl 2 spells right away.

notpl

Arbiter
One thing I rarely see builds account for is the Undead bloodline sorcerer power: your mind-affecting spells can target Undead enemies normally. This means that an undead bloodline sorcerer can use Phantasmal Killer/Weird against undead, as well as nabasu/vrolikai (some of the hardest enemies in the game) since for whatever reason their immunities are coded as undead, not demonic. There are very, very few enemies in Wrath's campaign that are immune to Weird when you play this character. A few jellies and golems, basically.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I started a new game as an Enlightened Philosopher/Oracle that will go with the Aeon path. 16 strength, 18 char, etc. Battle mystery and Glaive weapon focus.

I just cast bull strength and enlarge, then chop people in half with the glaive. Seelah and Wenduag play distraction. I'm going to make Wendu into a weapon finesse estoc/shield-bash fighter/slayer hybrid. I thought the Estoc was a 2 hander actually, but whatever, now I can boost her AC even higher with the shield.

I just did the Woljif quest in the beginning city, now going to clear out the market so I can cross the bridge. Woljif is going to be a dual-wielding dagger wizard of some sort. Not sure which other class to pick, but I'm going to give him the 4th level in rogue eldritch scoundrel so he can get those lvl 2 spells right away.
Nothing wrong with the Aeon path. But such a character would massively benefit from going the Angel route and merging spellbooks...
Just sayin.

Longes

Augur
One thing I rarely see builds account for is the Undead bloodline sorcerer power: your mind-affecting spells can target Undead enemies normally. This means that an undead bloodline sorcerer can use Phantasmal Killer/Weird against undead, as well as nabasu/vrolikai (some of the hardest enemies in the game) since for whatever reason their immunities are coded as undead, not demonic. There are very, very few enemies in Wrath's campaign that are immune to Weird when you play this character. A few jellies and golems, basically.
Illusionist/Enchanter sorcerer is pretty good. Take Demon mythic path, take Kitsune, take crossblooded Devil(or fey)/Undead. Add Serpentine with a mythic feat if you want. Good stuff.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Nothing wrong with the Aeon path. But such a character would massively benefit from going the Angel route and merging spellbooks...
Just sayin.
So far the Aeon is fine, although I was vaguely tempted to try pursuing the devil path after the guy joined my court.

I'm trying to figure out a few things now, like how to make Woljif and the slayer dwarf less squishy. They do huge amounts of damage, and woljif even lowers the AC of whatever he's hitting. Helpful, but he doesn't live very long if anyone looks at him. I guess I just need to stack all sorts of stuff like blur, mirror image, displacement, etc.

uaciaut

Augur
Any recommendations for a Monk build? I ended up going Pally in Kingmaker with a 1 level dip in Scaled Fist but i was really tempted to do the reverse - go Quarterstaff Scaled Fist with a 2 level dip in Pally.

In Wotr Pallies seem weaker as a main class (2level dip prolly still viable), not sure where monks stand tho, nor do i know what Mythic Paths go well with what classes.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Any recommendations for a Monk build? I ended up going Pally in Kingmaker with a 1 level dip in Scaled Fist but i was really tempted to do the reverse - go Quarterstaff Scaled Fist with a 2 level dip in Pally.

In Wotr Pallies seem weaker as a main class (2level dip prolly still viable), not sure where monks stand tho, nor do i know what Mythic Paths go well with what classes.
Paladin's are one of the strongest martial classes in WOTR. Smite Evil + Mark of Justice are two exceptional abilities and there is decent items to support them, too. If you can find a way to get 13+ dex and a belt +6 they become even better if given 2WF which will allow them to get even more smiting attacks. They also get a celestial horse which allows them to not use a shield and still keep up strong defences.

Monk is OK. Sohei is probably my favourite variety as they also get a horse.

uaciaut

Augur

Paladin's are one of the strongest martial classes in WOTR. Smite Evil + Mark of Justice are two exceptional abilities and there is decent items to support them, too. If you can find a way to get 13+ dex and a belt +6 they become even better if given 2WF which will allow them to get even more smiting attacks. They also get a celestial horse which allows them to not use a shield and still keep up strong defences.

Monk is OK. Sohei is probably my favourite variety as they also get a horse.

Ye, forgot you mostly fight demons; you do get a pally companion tho' so i wouldn't like to prioritize it as a MC class.

Edit: Ended up going for an Incense Synthesizer for my first run since you don't get an Alchemist companion and i used Jubilost a lot in Kingmaker.
Any tips on how to build her?

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Look to this.

• 1.3k hit points (counting temporary)
  • Armored casting with no spell failure
  • 4 attacks / round each one dealing about 80 base damage
  • Over 300 critical damage
In comments : A quick recap :

Vagran 3 weeks ago in comments said:
Strength 14 Dex 12 Con 12 Int 19!Boost Int every time Wis 8 Cha 14

1 Exploiter Wizard Spell Focus Conjuration Martial Weapons Proficiency Greater Spell Focus Conjuration Potent Magic Deity: Urgathoa for unique dialogue
2 Exploiter Wizard Pick your spells
3 Exploiter Wizard Combat Reflexes
4 Exploiter Wizard Spells
5 Exploiter Wizard Improved Initiative Heighten Spell metamagic Wooden Flesh
6 Eldritch Knight Weapon Focus Bardiche
7 Eldritch Knight Outflank Exploiter Wizard Arcane Casting
8 Eldritch Knight Greater False Life(Stacks with False life) Greater Invisibility(You can make this 24 hour duration)
9 Eldritch Knight Power Attack Animate Dead
10 Eldritch Knight Dazzling Display Spells: Echolocation Geniekind (For Elemental Barrage)
11 Eldritch Knight Improved Critical Bardiche Stoneskin Communal Animal Growth if none of your other casters have it
12 Eldritch Knight Greater heroism Transformation important spells
13 Eldritch Knight Shatter Defenses (Combo w/Frightful Aspect)
14 Eldritch Knight Weapon Specialization Bardiche Firebrand (For Elemental Barrage combo) Legendary Proportions
15 Eldritch Knight Skill Focus Arcana (To unlock Loremaster)
16 Loremaster Cleric secret Divine Power Seamantle Frightful Aspect*
17 Loremaster Arcane Armor Training (For Hellknight)
18 Loremaster Combat secret Cleaving Finish Roge secret Opportunist Important Spells: Heroic Invocation Foresight
19 Hellknight Signifier Greater Weapon Focus Order of the Gate Mind Black Communal
20 Hellknight Signifier (Gives Armor passive)

Mythic Close to the Abyss
1 Abundant Casting
2 Improved Abundant Casting
3 Greater Abundant Casting Skeletal Marksman Fear Control
4 Elemental Barrage Skeletal Fighter Shatter Defenses Marksman Buffs Longbow Weapon Focus and Training
5 Enduring Spells
6 Greater Enduring Spells Weapon of Death
7 Ever Ready
8 Power Attack Skeleton Upgrade Cleric
9 Mythic Charge Deathrush
10 Weapon Specialization Bardiche

Yosharian

Arcane
Not to mention that your physical attacks are pretty much useless until you get your hands on the INT bardiche

And your crit percentage is pretty low

_V_

Scholar
300 damage on a crit! Wow that's amazing!

300 base damage. Not counting lots of high damage dealing.
Dude the biggest damage dealers in the game can deal over 2k damage per attack on crits. Those numbers are very low. They'd be reasonable on a Merc/companion build
I'm not disagreeing, but I'd like to point out, that the video shows that the 80 and 300 (crit) dmg is pure weapon dmg. There are several secondary dmg effects which bring the overall dmg to 500 and 1000 (crit) per hit. (Some of that stuff is life-stealing so increasing survivability).
So for a build that seems to be a lot around flavor and not aiming for highest single hit dmg or highest DC it looks like an overall pretty round bulid. It looks viable in the beginning and strong in the end, IMHO. (Even if I disagree with the claimed feat starvation...)
I'll try something similar if I ever do another playthrough or perhaps with Midnight Isles...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom