Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dying Light 2 Stay Human - zombie survival with choice & consequence

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Gameplay looks very dynamic with hectic flailing.

I suppose that’s good for some people, but I’m not into action games like that. Lose focus when things get too fast and messy. Perhaps I’m getting old or something, but I think FPP games were better when they weren’t focusing on being ”realistic” - for the lack of a better word.

ADL

Prophet
This game really needs a demo. It looks so fucking different from the first game, in a good way, that if you hated the original you might love this one and any fans of the first will really love the second.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I'm dubious about the quality of the writing - the old demo they showcased a few months back seemed interesting enough, but I'm not sure if much of anything from it remains, narrative-wise.

Also, the two factions they have on offer practically scream "good guys that are the obvious choice" and "evil authoritarian bullies that exist so we can put non-linear on the box".

Naturally, it depends how they plan to handle the faction and if they're going to give them nuance, but from everything I've seen it's obvious who the good and bad guys are.

There's always the specter of woke bullshit being present in the game - and given the developers are filthy Polish urbanites, that's almost a guarantee.

vota DC

Augur
Maybe the good guys lack balls and are content to live as sewers rats while bad guy are going to exterminate zombies and make people safer so Survivors are just scavenging, Peacekeepers restore old building and Renegades improve old buildings.
The problem is Renegades just attacking you on sight. Caesar Legion had tons of cut content but didn't attack on sight.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Where is my mind, how original guys. Not heard that one 1000 times before in trailers.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
261684cf80831d77e2dd8c74c1d8185bd310c4f6.png

Zlaja

Arcane
Every time they show some gameplay it's always filled with to much of that parkour nonsense. Show more bashing of zombie heads with a wide variety of weapons instead.

parkour-the-office.gif

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Guest of this episode is Agata Sykuła, UI Producer at Techland, who is telling us more about UI, UX and accessibility in Dying Light 2 Stay Human.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg

Wonder what the skill tree in Dying Light 2 Stay Human looks like? We prepared a little sneak-peek for you. Take a look! And remember, whichever skills you're gonna pick in the game, #StayHuman!

Last edited by a moderator:

RIT_SKUA

Literate
The first game had very fun parkour (much like the first Mirror's Edge), an exciting day/night system, and a somewhat interesting open world, but basically everything else about it: the combat, story, characters, setting, etc. were extremely poor. As a result, I'm not optimistic about this one either, as because the former received much praise due to its developer sticking with it to patch the myriad bugs and add content long after release (which is, admittedly, quite admirable, though the bugs should have been addressed beforehand), it seems to me likely that, based off the precedent set by other games, the result will be that the core systems of the game (which were the main problem to begin with) will likely go unaddressed in the sequel, so it'll suck. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong?

Dodo1610

Arcane
I know that number is bs but years ago they said that DL2 will be shorter but offer more replayability than most games. Was this concept scrapped?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How to say your game is filled garbage fetch quest padding running around and endless map icon without saying your game is filled garbage fetch quest padding running around and endless map icon

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom