Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
So....I'm just now in chapter 2 and I've been using the free hunter armor from the north forest.

My question is should I buy the chainmail from Petra for 500gp? I could have sworn I read somewhere that there's a cheaper source coming up but for the life of me I can't find it.
If you do her quest she sells it for 250 gold it's a big upgrade over that free damaged hunter armor.

Mauman

Learned
So....I'm just now in chapter 2 and I've been using the free hunter armor from the north forest.

My question is should I buy the chainmail from Petra for 500gp? I could have sworn I read somewhere that there's a cheaper source coming up but for the life of me I can't find it.
If you do her quest she sells it for 250 gold it's a big upgrade over that free damaged hunter armor.

She hasn't offered a quest yet, I'll try and go to the city first I guess.

Also, I just met Pot. What the hell is up with this guy? Is this Archolos version of Mud or something? :P

edit - ok....the Pot situation resolved itself :P

Game made me earn that 500xp from being patient

Last edited:

Alphons

Cipher

There's "free" leather armour (traders also sell it for 300) you can steal in the city. Armoursmith can upgrade armours and for 150 gold you get 22 protection (plus extra stats if you have a leather belt).

Mauman

Learned
I just want to say I really appreciate how useful summons are in this game. Gothic 2 they always came off as hit and miss. Well, except summon demon, but you saved those for Big Boss Fights.

Here, even the basic wolf summon is extremely useful. Tough too. Little bugger managed to tank a baby troll for me while I would hit it a few times, back away for the wolf to get aggro again, and then repeat till dead.

Though I admit, I do miss the ability to summon 10 goblin skeletons and let them stun lock a troll. Always good for a laugh.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why the hell is there the mod that looks like ww2 era stalingrad or something? In Gothic of all things?

Alphons

Cipher
Met another Gothic protagonist
Edit: Found a video on YouTube (Polish subtitles)
Guy with a rusty sword and a ponytail runs up to you in the middle of the forest and asks about Marvin's name, the surrounding area and interesting people that live nearby.
]

Was just thinking today, the guys who made this mod would probably be capable of reimagining Gothic 3 in the Gothic 2 engine and turn it into a game worthy of its title, but I know that it will never happen.
:negative:

Met another Gothic protagonist

Guy with a rusty sword and a ponytail runs up to you in the middle of the forest and asks about Marvin's name, the surrounding area and interesting people that live nearby.
Yeah, I laughed quite a bit when I got that encounter.

Zariusz

Arbiter

Zariusz

Arbiter

Hmm, i dont remember NPCs reacting like this in any game, really when some faggot sits on the throne of your ruler this should be natural reaction instead of game treating it like you just used some random interactive object.

Cunt Dickula!?

98% positive is great.
It has a better score than all games on the RPG Codex Top 101.
So is Archolos confirmed to be the best RPG of all time or what?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
It's not the best RPG of all time because the Gothic formula isn't for everyone. Playing a Gothic game has pitfalls. Bugs, save game corruption, a certain rigidity and predictability of the combat.

It is in contest of being one of the best Gothic games, though. It does not have to hide behind G1 or G2 because it easily attains a similar level of quality. It's easily superior to ELEX and Risen.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Let me put it this way: if they weren't speaking Polish I wouldn't know I'm not playing a PB game. Gothic 2 era PB.

By the way, I've always been annoyed with the Polish Witcher 3 cultists. But the beauty (if you can call it that) of your (to me) phonologically difficult language is addictive and I find myself saying cholera out loud all the time.

Cunt Dickula!?

It is in contest of being one of the best Gothic games, though. It does not have to hide behind G1 or G2 because it easily attains a similar level of quality. It's easily superior to ELEX and Risen.
K. Brb making Planescape Torment Mod that's better than Planescape Torment with only Albanian text.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I think you'll find that a tough challenge. After all this mod even took 8 or so years, the last 4 of which had a completely new team building on the corpse of the last team.

thesecret1

Arcane
98% positive is great.
It has a better score than all games on the RPG Codex Top 101.
So is Archolos confirmed to be the best RPG of all time or what?
It's better not just in positive percentage, but even by number of reviews.

Don't know about all time, but I think it's a 2021 GOTY for sure, not even a contest

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom