Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN 3 - final chapter of the nu-Hitman trilogy - now available on Steam

kangaxx

Arbiter
Agreed. I would like to play the game... dumb that they're making me wait. I'll pay less as a result.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Agreed. I would like to play the game... dumb that they're making me wait. I'll pay less as a result.
And you should wait. There's nothing about 3 that's worth even the sale price.

They're still not letting you play Elusive Target missions you've missed.

maydaymemer

Educated
And you should wait. There's nothing about 3 that's worth even the sale price.

They're still not letting you play Elusive Target missions you've missed.
The Berlin level is fantastic tho. Theyre coming out with an elusive target replay feature with the steam release
Anyway I'm going to post some leaks of the new map and game mode coming out if anyone's interested in that:
unknown.png

MAP:
Purple is Default entrance
Red is other starting locations
Blue are the exits
Green and yellow are smuggle points
OBJECTIVES:
Disable Satellite Access - Ensure that the surveillance satellite can not be used
Deny access to the surveillance satellite{0}{1}
<li>or: Obtain Satellite Access Keys (0/2)</li>
(Optional) - Eliminate Sinhi "Akka" Palla
(Optional) - Eliminate Orson Mills
There's also a new game mode coming out with a map tied to it in 47's safehouse, seen in the year two trailer. Only five mastery so not worth getting hyped about specifically. Want to know your thoughts on the game mode rules itself
Evergreen Safehouse Spoilers · GitHub

Ghulgothas

Arcane
TL/DR, looks like they're adding a Career Mode/Roguelike with the safehouse as the Hub. Randomized target appearances, behaviors and location with buying tools and resources in-between.

They really did try throwing a lot of different stuff at the wall across these three seasons, huh. Sniper Mode, Multiplayer, and now this. Though tbh I think this'll fit in along with the rest of the game and be more enjoyable than either Sniper Mode or Ghost Mode.

Happy to see they're finally committing to something with making the Elusives replayable. Hopefully the new map and mission will be good.

Last edited:

maydaymemer

Educated
TL/DR, looks like they're adding a Career Mode/Roguelike with the safehouse as the Hub. Randomized target appearances, behaviors and location with buying tools and resources in-between.

They really did try throwing a lot of different stuff at the wall across these three seasons, huh. Sniper Mode, Multiplayer, and now this. Though tbh I think this'll fit in along with the rest of the game and be more enjoyable than either Sniper Mode or Ghost Mode.

Happy to see they're finally committing to something with making the Elusives replayable. Hopefully the new map and will be good.
yeah hopefully this is good. it's single player unlike ghost mode, makes use of the actual level design unlike sniper mode and introduces some sort of money system and safehouse which people said they wanted
I don't know if this speciically will be my thing but I like that they're using this their backlog for this new mode. Colombia, Chongqing and Mumbai are controversial maps for the missions themselves rather than the base design. Going back to these levels in a new mode could be really fun
I have to say Hitman 2016 got snubbed. Only Sapienza and Hokkaido are in this new mode. I think Marrakesh, Bangkok and even Colorado would fit the tone that this 'Syndicate Hunt' game mode is going for. I guess it's going to be hunting down some sort of gang or mafia type group

maydaymemer

Educated
If they were only going to pick 2 from 2016 I'm glad it was Hokkaido and Sapienza. The others didn't really do it for me.
Youre absolutely right. Sapienza and Hokkaido are the best levels of that game so it was right to do, tho the only ones i dislike from H1 are Bangkok and Colorado. Im just more open to them going back to bad or mediocre levels to give them a second chance

maydaymemer

Educated
How sure are you guys the other maps are excluded?
In the leaks, which I was told were gotten thru jailbroken ps4s, they have a list in the files of the options in the new game mode which say:
Travel Home
Travel to Sapienza
Travel to Hokkaido
Travel to Hawke's Bay
Travel to Miami
Travel to Santa Fortuna
Travel to Mumbai
Travel to Dartmoor
Travel to Berlin
Travel to Chongqing
Travel to Mendoza
It is possible they could add more inbetween when those files were updated and when the mode gets released but it seems if theyve already added in functionality for four Hitman 2 locations including the mini Hawke’s Bay and four Hitman 3 locations I think that’s just the levels that they wanted in the mode and didnt want to make any more. It also rounds up to a nice round ten missions

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
If they were only going to pick 2 from 2016 I'm glad it was Hokkaido and Sapienza. The others didn't really do it for me.
Youre absolutely right. Sapienza and Hokkaido are the best levels of that game

False. Paris is best map.

Anyway regarding the info coming out "new maps" is good to hear, post launch H3 support has been dismal and embarrassing so far. And the new game mode sounds interesting, at least compared to ghost and sniper modes that were both awful. Pretty sure I am not in the minority having played about five minutes of sniper mode in total and never even looked at ghost mode.

As an example of wasted dev time sniper mode time and resources could have been spent on integrating sniper challenges into the actual game, eg making proper locations for sniping which is something a lot of people have complained about.

I genuinely thought IOI had abandoned H3 as a cash grab to support the Bond IP so this is some vaguely optimistic news.

randir14

Augur
I watched the stream.

- Year 2 starts on January 20th, the game will be on Steam and Game Pass. VR mode is also coming to PC.
- A new mode called Elusive Target Arcade where you have to take down multiple elusive targets in a sequence. This mode is permanent but you have to wait a day if you fail
- Ray tracing and XESS coming to PC
- A new mode (forgot what they called it) where you have an upgradeable safehouse and take on "campaigns" with roguelike mission structures. The missions will include new NPC types like undercover enemy assassins. You can use money you earn to buy new equipment, but anything you take on a mission is lost if you leave it behind and you'll have to buy it again later.
- A preview of a new map, looked like some kind of research facility on an island at night

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

HITMAN 3 – Year 2 starts on 20 January 2022 and we’re excited to reveal more of what we’ve been working on.

Watch the full Year 2 Reveal Stream now for all of the announcements, reveals and never-before-seen footage of new content coming to the World of Assassination in 2022. Then, read on for more details.

Elusive Target Arcade
Release: January 20

Elusive Target Arcade is a brand new game mode that takes the Elusive Target concept to the next level, mixes up the formula and introduces new challenges and unlockable rewards – all whilst keeping the essence of what makes Elusive Targets exciting and interesting to play.

There are several significant changes to the mode here: Each Arcade Contract now tasks you with taking down consecutive Elusive Targets, one contract after the other. Each one must be completed to proceed to the next – and there are additional complications added to the contract as well.

ryki18zbsgb81.jpg

If you fail an Arcade Contract at any point, there will be a 12-hour lockout before you can retry the contract again from the start. This lockout enables us to keep the high-stakes gameplay that is a hallmark of Elusive Targets, whilst also giving players a clear indication of when they are able to play a particular Elusive Target again.

Crucially, Arcade Contracts are permanent additions to HITMAN 3. Once we add one to the game, they won’t go away.

Our aims with this game mode are; to give players the chance to engage and play Elusive Target content more frequently, provide a new challenge for long-time players in the Elusive Target game mode, create a new type of recurring content that will reward players with desirable unlocks.

f7k0nn3fsgb81.jpg

When HITMAN 3 – Year 2 begins on January 20, the Arcade will also be open with a total of 3 Arcade Contracts, each one with Elusive Targets from a specific game in the World of Assassination trilogy. As you can see in the screenshot, the Ellipses Arcade Contract has three targets from HITMAN 3. Two other Arcade Contracts will also be available on January 20 with targets from HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 respectively.

As we move through the year, more Arcade Contracts will be added to the Arcade. We can’t wait to see our players take on this new challenge!

---
HITMAN VR on PC

HITMAN VR comes to PC, and once again we’re supporting the entire World of Assassination trilogy. If you can access HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 within HITMAN 3, you can play it all in VR.

With PC VR, we’re supporting the most popular hardware to deliver the best experience to as many players as possible. Our goal is to hit the benchmark for interaction and gameplay that PC VR players are looking for – all with the Hitman style and freedom that our game offers.

We’ve incorporated VR-specific setups to some Hitman controls to make them feel as intuitive as possible and natural during gameplay. For example, you use two hands to throw items; aim with your left and ‘fling and release’ with your right. Whether you throw straight-on, a ninja-like side throw, or any other way, it’s going to feel satisfying.

Combining the use of two hands with the freedom to move your body and huge sandbox locations is a recipe for creativity and chaos. We’ve seen our own developers adapt karate stances, embrace their inner boxer and even just play around with how our AI and game world reacts to the newfound freedom of VR.

Take a look for yourself at an extended gameplay clip of HITMAN VR on PC recorded by Senior Game Designer, Eskil Møhl.

In combat and more action-packed moments of the game, that freedom of movement really comes in to play and you are able to control the situation yourself, rather than our animations taking over. When it clicks, it’s great and sometimes you feel like an idiot – but sometimes, that’s Hitman.

PC VR will be available for all HITMAN 3 owners when Year 2 begins on January 20. Full details on supported hardware will be revealed here on the blog before launch.

---

Technology Improvements
Release: Later in 2022

HITMAN 3 – Year 2 is a fantastic opportunity for us to unleash some of the technical improvements that we’re continuing to make to our Glacier technology.

One of the most notable enhancements to the game will be the option to enable Ray Tracing on PC later this year. With better reflections and better shadows, our locations are going to look better than ever. HITMAN 3’s opening level in a Dubai skyscraper is a fantastic showcase of how Ray Tracing improves visual fidelity because of the volume of reflective surfaces in a small area. Equally so, the rainy Chongqing location later in the game looks especially impressive. When it is made available in HITMAN 3 on PC later this year, Ray tracing will be enabled for all locations in the World of Assassination trilogy.

p5erc4mlsgb81.jpg

– Screenshot not representative of Ray Tracing –

In addition to Ray Tracing, our ongoing partnership with Intel means that we will also be one of the first development studios in the world to implement Intel’s XeSS technology, which uses machine learning to deliver more performance with exceptional image quality.

Finally, we’ll be implementing VRS (Variable Rate Shading) to boost PC performance by shading at different frequencies in different parts of the image, putting more power where it has the most impact.

---

HITMAN Trilogy

Now that the trilogy is complete, we’re excited to unveil HITMAN Trilogy as a way for new players to get started in the World of Assassination. This collection brings together HITMAN 1, HITMAN 2, and HITMAN 3 into a single package, making it easier than ever to take your first steps to become Agent 47.

HITMAN Trilogy will be available digitally on January 20 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Epic Games Store. As well as Steam and Xbox Game Pass. Let’s talk more about these new platforms.

2s4cce6ssgb81.jpg

HITMAN 3 arrives on Steam to coincide with the start of Year 2 and will have full support for PC VR and all of the technical improvements that we mentioned earlier, such as Ray Tracing, XeSS and Variable Rate Shading. We’re working on support for Steam Achievements and Trading Cards too – plus we’ll be including the Trinity Pack (the HITMAN 3 pre-order bonus) for free with all editions of HITMAN 3 for the first 30 days.

The HITMAN Trilogy will be available with Xbox Game Pass, PC Game Pass and Game Pass Ultimate on January 20, giving you everything you need to jump straight into the World of Assassination. We’re excited to welcome a wave of new players to enjoy the full trilogy through new platforms and services.

---

HITMAN Freelancer
Release: Spring 2022

Freelancer is a brand new, single-player mode coming to HITMAN 3 that introduces roguelike elements, strategic planning, and a customizable safehouse.

Let’s start by exploring one of the new maps coming to HITMAN 3 in Year 2: Agent 47’s Safehouse. This playable space is an entirely different type of location and we’ve never built anything like it before. It’s customizable and allows you to choose exactly what type of Hitman you are (or want Agent 47 to be!). As you progress through Freelancer, more areas of the Safehouse can be unlocked and new customization options will become available.

1wvsrm0wsgb81.jpg

You can configure and customize the safehouse to your exact specifications and spend as much time as you want there. Whether you want to pick out a new suit, browse and test your weapons at the firing range or make changes to your décor, it’s all possible. The Safehouse is also an important space because all of your pre-mission planning takes place there.

After exploring the safehouse, it’s time to work. 47 will have access to a ‘mission hub’ where he can view all of the currently available Freelancer campaigns, each one representing a criminal enterprise that is prominent across the World of Assassination. It’s entirely your choice which campaign you pick and each one will take you on a globetrotting campaign to a selection of locations.

For each campaign, you need to choose the order you want to play the missions. After each mission, you’ll return to the safehouse to restock, resupply, and strategically plan your next move. Whichever location you leave until last will be where you’ll corner the Leader of the enterprise. Blow their cover, eliminate them, and the campaign is complete. You get paid and return to your safehouse.

Campaign missions have been reworked to fit the Freelancer mode. For example, locations will have new NPC types, that can either help or hinder your progress. Suppliers will offer a selection of weapons and items that you can acquire to increase your chances of success, whereas other NPCs will alert Leaders and make your job more difficult. In addition to these NPCs, there are several other elements that will make the Freelancer campaigns unique. You’ll be able to find safes, hidden stashes, and even other NPC Assassins…

Unlike the main Hitman campaign, your gear in Freelancer is not persistent. Anything you bring on a mission and don’t bring back to the safehouse will be lost. (If you thought you were attached to your Silverballer before, wait until you’ve left it in Dartmoor and it’s gone. For good.) Looking for gear at a Supplier is one way to restock your inventory, or replace a lost treasure.

Consumables, such as explosives or poison syringes, will also need to be restocked since there’s no supply from the ICA in Freelancer.

o3mbygh6tgb81.jpg

We’re excited about Freelancer giving players a persistent and infinitely replayable experience that is entirely their own; from customizing their safehouse to match their style or mood, configuring and strategically planning for campaigns through to picking a playstyle with all of their gear on the line.

HITMAN Freelancer is coming to HITMAN 3 – Year 2 this Spring. We’ll have more details to share leading up to its release.

---

New Map. Codename: Rocky
Release: Later in 2022

Agent 47 just doesn’t stop traveling. More details about this new map, codenamed ‘Rocky’, will be revealed later in Year 2.

uv7uw1y9tgb81.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ADL

Prophet
Usually I don't watch streams live but that was worth watching and I'm really looking forward to PCVR, XeSS and freelancer. Freelancer looks like it's everything I've ever wanted out of a Hitman game.

I thought the Hitman Trilogy bundle would be the "Hitman Pro" product mentioned in the nvidia leak, wonder what that is.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
They really fucked up with optics a year ago. Made it seem like they were kicking Hitman 3 out the door for their Bond game without any after-support.

Credit due, everything in this stream looked nice and is a positive addition. A real turn-around from when 3 first launched.

Alphons

Cipher
So the content exclusive for a year on Epic and consoles were some shitty escalations, meanwhile Steam release gets a roguelite mode, permanent Elusive Targets and a new map?

:lol:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Happy to see they're finally committing to something with making the Elusives replayable. Hopefully the new map and mission will be good.

Now they only need to make all the unlockables and achievements independent of their server, so even in 50 years when I want to replay this it's going to be a complete game rather than a crippled one because the servers no longer exist.

ferratilis

Magister
Do you guys think they'll give a discount to those who own both H1 and H2 on Steam? Making Trilogy a separate entry that costs $60 would be scummy af, but this is IOI we're talking about.

randir14

Augur
Do you guys think they'll give a discount to those who own both H1 and H2 on Steam? Making Trilogy a separate entry that costs $60 would be scummy af, but this is IOI we're talking about.
No, Hitman 3 is considered its own game and they'll charge full price. And IO is a money grubbing company, when H3 came out on Epic they tried to make Hitman 2 Steam owners re-buy the game. Tim Sweeney had to step in and make them give it to those people for free.

ADL

Prophet
What I'm curious about is how they'll handle people who own Hitman 3 on EGS. Since it's all linked to an IO account now there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to access the 7 Deadly Sins DLC and import progression from Hitman 3 EGS into the Steam version if I were to buy it again for my Steam Deck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom