Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Only I don't get why OwlCat capped the animation increase for turn based to merely 3x? How I'm supposed to play as a necromancer in TB without 10x animation speed?

XPREwjk.png

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Only I don't get why OwlCat capped the animation increase for turn based to merely 3x? How I'm supposed to play as a necromancer in TB without 10x animation speed?
1. Necromancers play RTwP.
2. Cheat Engine exists, but it might screw up your game.

I only play TB when I use domain of the hungry flesh, sirroco and other spells, cuz my party members love to go in a suicide rush towards my area of death. If they had better AI, I would't even toggle TB.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

I only play TB when I use domain of the hungry flesh, sirroco and other spells, cuz my party members love to go in a suicide rush towards my area of death. If they had better AI, I would't even toggle TB.

Just turn their AI off and manually control them. It's the first thing I do in any of these games.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
If they had better AI, I would't even toggle TB.
They have good A.I.

If you tell them to "Hold" (press the "H" button) they will stay and only use the weapon that can reach the enemies. A melee fighter will not make a step after the combat started if on hold. Of course, you need to remember this and remove hold if you want them to attack. This and auto pause at the end of the turn would be enough for most of the players; however, I like to pause much more frequently.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

It seems you need Selective Spell metamagic.

ArchAngel

Arcane
If you guys played you would know that Archmage only works on caster itself...
1 level dip into any arcane caster. It's a lvl1 spell.
Fuck that. That means you lose lvl 20 fighter ability for bonus critical damage. And you don't really need archmage armor when you got access to mithril full plates. Mythic ability for +1 better armor at Mythic 10? No tnx.

Can someone please be so kind to remove this moron from this topic?
He is just trolling and doing it extremely bad.

Never thought that i would ask for this, but this moron is really outdoing anyone with bullshit he makes on spot.
Spoken like a true Biden voter calling for cancel culture once you figure out you are intellectually inferior.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Well, the Mutation Warrior sure is simpler and more straightforward. While being damn solid.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Not sure if that's the case. Animal Growth doesn't stack with Barkskin for example. And Barkskin doesn't stack with ammys, obviously.
I THINK Transformation also no longer stacks, but I'm not exactly sure.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
rtwp is a lot faster (would not be surprised if it halves the play time), but a lot less fun.

:desiderius intensifies:

That's not true, RTWP is the most fun anyone can ever have. Nothing better than watching your guys go on autopilot and gib enemy after enemy. If your party can't do that then something's wrong.

You misunderstood the joke/reference. Desiderius would often go on sperg-rants chastising people who played turn-based.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Guys, I recruited undead Ciar, should I use him mounted on the horse or on foot?

I will make him a two handed falchion death knight. I know that falchions aren't the best weapon to specialize with feats and mythic feats, but I like the concept of him using this type of weapon and I play to get fun, getting fun with a interesting char build is much more important for me than bigger numbers.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Guys, I recruited undead Ciar, should I use him mounted on the horse or on foot?

I will make him a two handed falchion death knight. I know that falchions aren't the best weapon to specialize with feats and mythic feats, but I like the concept of him using this type of weapon and I play to get fun, getting fun with a interesting char build is much more important for me than bigger numbers.
On-foot. His horse sadly isn't as undead as he is, and will inevitably end-up wracked with exhaustion trying to keep-up with the tireless party of zombies it's stuck with. Gasping for a death that will never come.

It was funny watching it get paralyzed mid-charge though, it's mortality rendering it victim to what it's rider boasts immunity to. I liked to imagine Undead Ciar impotently flailing his sword in the air as his horse stands ramrod-stiff, while Staunton, Kestoglyr and Skeleton Champion rush past him and into battle.

Last edited:

Humbaba

Arcane
Threshold really is such a shit dungeon. Literally a hallway with the same 4 enemies (marilith, roided af gallu, bug demon and succubus) every encounter, sometimes with swarms or a balor, the succubi shoot through walls and the gallus fart out 1000 cold cones a second. Buggy as shit too: when the B-Team defended the camp, Woljif was uncontrollable for some reason and after a while my PC just showed up out of nowhere. Now, best case scenario is that they half assed the endgame in order to devote more time to the DLC campaign but we haven't seen anything so far, so for all we know they might've just gotten tired.

They're hard at work, eh?
15c11714ff.png
Well before the holidays, the game used to get patched like every week almost, though really most bugs should've been taken care of before release.

Falchions are good for crit builds, because you can get a crit threat range of 15-20 with them if you invest the right feats.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Not sure if that's the case. Animal Growth doesn't stack with Barkskin for example. And Barkskin doesn't stack with ammys, obviously.
I THINK Transformation also no longer stacks, but I'm not exactly sure.
I love using that spell with Wolfjin in tougher battles. He becomes a beast and no longer misses.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom