Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Play-by-Post] Tales from Fourtower Bridge

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
vazha and I could just waltz in, say our cart has busted a wheel could you fellas please help and lead them somewhere where we could get the jump on them instead. Or we could bust them now and lose advantage of counter surprise. Don't want GrafvonMoltke missing out on the fun either.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Kilur found a good shooting position and sits there with crossbow at the ready.
While waiting for events to unfold, the dorf studies the suspicious campers and tries to determine who of them is the most dangerous combatant.

//Ready action to shoot by signal or if any of the strangers try to attack our negotiators.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mardrey starts to shake a little since she isn't used to hand to hand fighting. She grabs her spear tightly and sends a quick prayer to Mother to help her and her companions.

I could cast thunderwave which would do 2d8 dmg on a 15-foot cube originating from me. But I don't think that would hit them all, if any. If anyone has an idea how to make use of that let me know else I also say we just walk in and each of you big guys grab one of them while Kilur and me try to do dmg from behind. In that case I would just cast poison spray on the closest baddie.

vazha

Arcane
How about you walk in first, cast that then I throw you back to safety? Mumbles is a gentleman

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
I'd say, in the brush, you both are about 50-60 feet from the nearest person. So, thunderwave won't work unless you're closer, Mardrey.

Not possible right now because Mumbles and Mardrey are not close. Mumbles can run to Mardrey and Kilur's position, but that'll draw attention.

vazha

Arcane
proceed with previous plan then, with the shorties on ranged support. Bring on the acshun! :violent noises intensify:

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Kilur pulled out his crossbow and aimed at the closest man he could see in the camp. He drew the string back and stilled his body, ready to fire at the slightest provocation. Mardrey felt her body shake and grasped her spear tightly, whispering a prayer for comfort.

Meanwhile, Brytter and Mumbles emerged from the camp and strode to the front of the camp. Mumbles walked bow-legged, as if he had a footlong metal pipe between his legs.

"Oh, shit!" said one of the men near the fire. He and another drew their weapons. The two men sharing a pipe also rose, one drawing a bow, and another holding two axes. The man sleeping in the tent bungled up and grabbed his spear.

Black Fur, sword holstered, raised his arms.

"Calm, calm, men," he said soothingly.

He walked slowly to Brytter and Mumbles.

"A good evening to you, both," Black Fur said, with a smile. "Kind of strange to be walking alone this time of night?"

vazha

Arcane
W.E. Mumbles, Jr. afforded the man one of his more soothing smiles.

"Sit yo five-coin asses down" - He intoned- "Afore we makes change. We be askin' dem questoons here. We means no harm... Well, to usselves, dat is." - He added, helpfully.

"Soo... what you sissies be doing sittin here all your lonesome, this... how was it? Time of the night? Dat's real fancy, sure is, gotta remember dat"

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
W.E. Mumbles, Jr. afforded the man one of his more soothing smiles.

"Sit yo five-coin asses down" - He intoned- "Afore we makes change. We be askin' dem questoons here. We means no harm... Well, to usselves, dat is." - He added, helpfully.

"Soo... what you sissies be doing sittin here all your lonesome, this... how was it? Time of the night? Dat's real fancy, sure is, gotta remember dat"
"What my companion here means to say is, our humble cart broke its wheel and we were looking ahead to find some help. I suppose it would be too much to hope that you would have a spare wheel somewhere?"

vazha

Arcane
"We... We are?" - Mumbles looked puzzled. This has not gone the way stick up raids usually went where he was from. But aight, new places, new rules, gotta learn, he thought.

"Yeah, so, the wheel. Where is it? Speak!"-
he snarled down at the nearest man skulking at his feet.

Last edited:

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Mumbles puffed up his chest.

"Sit yo five-coin asses down," he intoned to the group. "Afore we makes change. We be askin' dem questoons here. We means no harm... Well, to usselves, dat is.

"Soo... what you sissies be doing sittin here all your lonesome, this... how was it? Time of the night? Dat's real fancy, sure is, gotta remember day."

Some of the men in the camp growled and moved closer to Brytter and Mumbles.

"Hold, I say!" Black Fur bellowed. The men obeyed.

"What my companion here means to say is, our humble cart broke its wheel and we were looking ahead to find some help," Brytter said, quickly cutting in. "I suppose it would be too much to hope that you would have a spare wheel somewhere?"

Mumbled shot a glance at Brytter.

"We... We are?" he asked, looking puzzled. "Yeah, so, the wheel. Where is it?! Speak!"

Black Fur gave them a sly smile.

"Oh, a cart you say?"he said slyly. "That's too bad."

He looked at the other men, and they chuckled as well.

"Closest town is still a ways away, and there's no one around but us who will hear you scream."

Black Fur unsheathed his sword.

"This is them!" he shouted. "Let's tie them up!"

Everyone roll initiative! Remember to screenshot the result and paste it here if you're using Roll20. You can also paste a link to UnseenServant's dice roller.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Everyone roll initiative! Remember to screenshot the result and paste it here if you're using Roll20. You can also paste a link to UnseenServant's dice roller.

Crap. Now I'm certain I'll be getting natural 1 on attack rolls.
KUYD3Q4.png

Btw, do I get my surprise round ready action shot I requested?

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Btw, do I get my surprise round ready action shot I requested?
There is no surprise because the men in the camp saw Brytter and Mumbles arriving, saw that things were about to get heated and drew their weapons. They are ready for an attack and anticipating violence. You have the highest initiative, so you get to strike first regardless. You and Mardrey are hidden in thick vegetation and get advantages on your attack rolls as long as no one sees you. After you roll attack/damage, also roll stealth to see if anyone on the campground finds you.

jTa0wom.jpg

Order:
Nortar <-- current turn
Mumbles
Bandit 3
Brytter
Bandit 5
Bandit 4
Black Fur
Colonel
Bandit 6
Mardrey
Bandit 1
Bandit 2

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
"This is them!" he shouted. "Let's tie them up!"

This was all the signal Kilur needed. The dwarf inhaled deeply and squeezed the trigger lever.

Sorry, got a bit too trigger happy. The first result counts. Attack roll 17, damage roll with sneak attack 13, stealth 24.
If there's clear line of fire, Kilur shoots Bandit n3. If there's no clear line of fire to n3, than n1.

Ag377IF.png

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Kilur's bolt soared through the trees toward one of the bandits (No. 1), and it pierced through his neck. The bandit fell to his knees, gargling blood.

The men near the bandit shout in horror and look around the trees, but they can't see where the bolt came from.

MolYTe3.jpg

Order:
Nortar
Mumbles <-- current turn
Bandit 3
Brytter
Bandit 5
Bandit 4
Black Fur
Colonel
Bandit 6
Mardrey
Bandit 2

Why dont we all gather and play this fight out in roll 20 and then you narrate?
I prefer to stick with the thread because it allows for the greatest flexibility. However, as I understand this means turns could take a while, when it comes to combat I'll require someone making their turn within 12 6 hours (without a headsup) of the previous person's turn. If that doesn't happen, I'll make the turn for you. I feel like we're all on the Codex quite frequently to have this work. If you can't make the turn period, let me know ASAP so we can keep things going.

Last edited:

vazha

Arcane
"Imma go Yeambic on yo ass" - Mumbles shouted the Black fur. Then he motioned the Colonel to move forward - 'Get yo ass in here man! We got some lowlifes to bust!"

I rolled Vicious mockery - now he has to roll wisdom. If 13 or lower he sustains 1 (one, as in a solitary freakin unit) of psychic damage. But - will have disadvantage on the next Attack roll it makes before the end of its next turn. which i suppose is handy for whoever he gets to attack.

Last edited:

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Mumbles' insult to Black Fur does not affect the leader.

In response, Bandit 3 ran toward Mumbles and attack him with a sword, missing the half-orc by a hair.

Brytter ran to Black Fur and wung at him with a greatsword. The blow connects, hurting Black Fur slightly.

Bandit 5 ran left and took aim at Mumbles with his bow. He fired an arrow, and it totally missed.

Bandit 4 runs toward Brytter and swung at the barbarian with his sword. The strike missed.

Black Fur swung his greatsword at Brytter and missed.

xMEWK0t.jpg

Order:
Nortar
Mumbles
Bandit 3
Brytter
Bandit 5
Bandit 4
Black Fur
Colonel <- current turn
Bandit 6
Mardrey
Bandit 1
Bandit 2

If anyone of you want to switch your pictures for the map, send me the picture you want used, and I'll be happy to swap them out for future battles.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom