Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
People are gonna be upset either way. Elden Ring is too much like Dark Souls, Sekiro was not Dark Souls enough. I just want a solid game, whether it's Dark Souls or not.

BRO NOPE

MAKE SOME SHIT JUST LIKE DARK SOULS ONE AND MY DICK WILL GET HARD ENOUGH TO JAMMER STEEL

Ezekiel

Arcane
FGo2ktmWYAQN2px

Even after six games, the proportions bother me, especially on player characters. Always with the small heads.

goomba_in_super_mario_bros_movie.jpg

qdt93rj2xzxz.png

Deflowerer

Arcane
From Software developed a lot of games.

When it comes to releasing similar games for 13 years, I think that there is huge originality problem in general in the video game milieu. I think there are a number of contributing factors, one of them being the nature of creativity. You can't just sit and come up with something. The creative process involves practice, and only after a while you stumble on something original. It seems to me that the way games are produced, excludes this vital element, so you end up with a copy of a copy of a copy. It is not like other art forms, you can't just pick up a brush or a camera and be creative.

If they made something truly original, you'd have bunch of people whine and bitch and moan here how it's nothing like Souls. And usually the same people who moan and bitch about the unoriginality, lol.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I hate those character screens. Just give me a bunch of well drawn presets, don't force me to spend five hours trying to come up something that resembles a human.

hackncrazy

Savant

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
From Software developed a lot of games.

When it comes to releasing similar games for 13 years, I think that there is huge originality problem in general in the video game milieu. I think there are a number of contributing factors, one of them being the nature of creativity. You can't just sit and come up with something. The creative process involves practice, and only after a while you stumble on something original. It seems to me that the way games are produced, excludes this vital element, so you end up with a copy of a copy of a copy. It is not like other art forms, you can't just pick up a brush or a camera and be creative.

If they made something truly original, you'd have bunch of people whine and bitch and moan here how it's nothing like Souls. And usually the same people who moan and bitch about the unoriginality, lol.

Hmmm reminds me of something

Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg

:negative:

deem

Savant
I always click randomizer a bunch. It slightly alters the preset version with each click without entering the realm of grotesque or """funny""".

Caim

Arcane
I sometimes make a few existing characters using example videos.

hwWMpeV.jpg

Ben Swolo, wielding the Hollowslayer Greatsword.

t3qvjUc.jpg

Vergil, Son of Sparda. Obviously gets the Frayed Blade at the end of the game.

DemonKing

Arcane
It doesn't matter what face you pick as you'll never see it in game anyway so might as well go with a potato as take half an hour to lovingly craft a hot chick.

Last edited:

deem

Savant
Goddamn. It seems that that tail attack may or may not have a follow-up, depending on your positioning.

Caim

Arcane
Those look like the developers couldn't get the worm model to work and instead with a stone anal bead design.

deem

Savant
I think it's a nod to similarly segmented enemies from NES games like Castlevania.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Honeslty i don't understand people who like to spoil themselves by watching all those videos.

Part of the fun of Souls games is meeting that one you new enemy and shitting your pants because you have no idea what to expect. Watching their moveset before you play the game is a good way to ruin your first playthrough.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Honeslty i don't understand people who like to spoil themselves by watching all those videos.

Part of the fun of Souls games is meeting that one you new enemy and shitting your pants because you have no idea what to expect. Watching their moveset before you play the game is a good way to ruin your first playthrough.
The point in playing Souls games is figuring out that you're retarded and then finding out why your retarded and then dealing with the retardation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom