Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Dark Mysteries 2.02 English

Sencantor

Educated
Like I said earlier, I don't know of a back to default button, that's why it's important to either note down what you do or actually try to learn the options.
I'll give you some screenshots of how I tweaked my settings, since you don't like experimenting :P
https://imgur.com/a/0pC8AS3

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Are the new camps mutually exclusive? I could join the Fanatics right now if I wanted to and it's still Chapter 1. I'm probably going to go my usual route of Old Camp/Magician if there isn't anything to miss.

Sencantor

Educated
Hey, the only new camp that changes your guild is the Mine Camp. The others let you join, but you're more of an honorary member :). Regarding the fanatics: go ahead and join them, but remember the sect camps hates them (and vice versa), so if they recognize you as one, they ll attack you.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
I can't figure out how to make the broth Keen wants. I should have everything I need so long as Oak Leaf is a misspelling or Orc leaf. Either that or salt is an actual item that I have yet to encounter anywhere.

EDIT: Also the mission to kill the scouts is pretty brutal, especially because the guy says "See you back and the camp" and then he runs off and gets killed to more scouts if you don't protect him.

Last edited:

Sencantor

Educated
Salt is indeed an item and you can find quite a lot of it around, at least I found 20+ in my latest run. Also check your misc tab for "Salt package", which unwraps into salt.

Yes, unfortunately, due to some bug, Orc Leaf uses the same translation as Oak Leaf. Nothing I can do about it. Just remember that the 26hp one is Oak leaf and it's the one used for the recipes pretty much.

There are many brutal missions in this mod. It's a good idea to have frequent backup saves. And yeah, do take care to not let NPC's die, where possible (note that there will be missions where some NPC's are pretty much scripted to die, but you should be able to discern those).

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
In all the time I've been running around I have found exactly no salt anywhere. I finally had to marvin in a new set of digger trousers because I couldn't find the old ones.

Sencantor

Educated
You can get digger's trousers from Fisk after you complete his tailor quest, you can get them from the chief digger in the New camp mine outpost and you can also get them somehow in the Mine camp, though I forget how.

Regarding the salt: are you looting all the chests you find? beating people up and stealing their shit? pillaging the castle and every hut in the game? Unless you're like a couple of hours into the game. You really should have found some salt. If not, you'll come across it sooner or later.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
You can get digger's trousers from Fisk after you complete his tailor quest, you can get them from the chief digger in the New camp mine outpost and you can also get them somehow in the Mine camp, though I forget how.

Regarding the salt: are you looting all the chests you find? beating people up and stealing their shit? pillaging the castle and every hut in the game? Unless you're like a couple of hours into the game. You really should have found some salt. If not, you'll come across it sooner or later.

Haven't made it inside the castle yet, but I've beaten up every rogue in the New Camp, robbed every house there and every hut in the old camp, and basically all points in between and found zero salt. I had Fisk's trousers, but when I bought the leather armor I foolishly sold them off, thinking I couldn't need them anymore. I checked every trader and couldn't find them again, it was like they just poofed. Hence why I was looking for salt and just gave up and inserted a new set.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
I've killed the crawlers and Viper still won't talk, unless he means I need to kill ALL off the crawlers including the ones past the gate.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
That's what he said, yeah. All the crawlers, for good.
Right then, this has to wait till the next chapter. I think I've done just about everything I can do as well as a lot of stuff I probably shouldn't have been able to do. I really like that speed ring. :cool:

notpl

Arbiter
Despite playing Returning for ~250 hours, I never was able to get into Dark Mysteries. I saw the palette-swapped faction armors and the weird fanfic characters hanging out at an arena in the woods above the sect camp and noped almost immediately

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Despite playing Returning for ~250 hours, I never was able to get into Dark Mysteries. I saw the palette-swapped faction armors and the weird fanfic characters hanging out at an arena in the woods above the sect camp and noped almost immediately

A lot of it is pretty corndog, but after playing Gothic 10,000 times it's kind of nice to have a change. I mean the Mine Guards are so edgy you can cut yourself on them.

notpl

Arbiter

A lot of it is pretty corndog, but after playing Gothic 10,000 times it's kind of nice to have a change. I mean the Mine Guards are so edgy you can cut yourself on them.
There's a polish mod called "Othello" that tries to update G1 with some G2 game mechanics/textures and allegedly incorporates a lot of the gameplay elements and quests from Dark Mysteries, but I can't tell what that actually means because looking at videos it just looks like regular gothic 1 with a shitload of added flora and I don't speak Polish.

When I try to look up videos of Dark Mysteries I just see regular gothic 1 and then, eventually, the game moves into some hideous-looking underground cave jungle area filled with dragons

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
I did the stupid arena thing on the hill and got the sword of "I win forever" and I did the technocolored dream hell cave full of not-spiders and saw the dragon. At this point I dunno if I'm going to finish this because so much of this stuff is just stuff and none of it really links together well.

Also I still haven't found any salt.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I did the stupid arena thing on the hill and got the sword of "I win forever" and I did the technocolored dream hell cave full of not-spiders and saw the dragon. At this point I dunno if I'm going to finish this because so much of this stuff is just stuff and none of it really links together well.

Also I still haven't found any salt.

That's one of the pet pevee of this mod - starts even more rough only to give you "win button" somewhere in the early stage. Sure you might not use it but what stops modders from dropping some challenge that force you to use it? IIRC there were 1-3 encounters like that.

As for salt - search the shelves in the guard camp set outside the mine, or buy some from the Orlan there, he works in the taverne.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
I talked to the ancients and saw the underground jungle and the dragon; I think I'm done. There's just too much stuff in this mod that's needless crap. If they'd have kept it within the colony and hadn't bothered with all the ancients and philosophical hooey it would have been okay. I also had to godmode for the fight against the portal guard and the guy blocking the way to the ancients because they cut me to pieces before I even had control back after their long, winding dialogues.

As for salt - search the shelves in the guard camp set outside the mine, or buy some from the Orlan there, he works in the taverne.

I never found any salt anywhere, I think there's a bug or something.

EDIT: I appreciate the translation though, having played the first part with just the old translation before I knew the patch existed.
There any other mods for Gothic worth checking out?

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Currently playing this. Question, I'm trying to advance the Ancients quest and have to bring Ken'Udz some items related to Water Mages' escape plan. I think it was a scroll with a formula, a book and Saturas' personal diary. But if you approach Saturas he detects those items on you and takes them away. You can always steal his diary again from his chest, but what about the other 2 items? Anyone has the Marvin codes for those?

Sencantor

Sencantor

Educated
Outlander the codes for the 3 items are:

Spell Formula - rytualtext
Saturas' Diary - saturasnote
Travel Almanac - rytualbook

Good luck :)

Last edited:

Outlander

Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Thanks a lot, but it's no good, no dialogue options with Ken'Udz... I suspect this is because when Saturas takes the items from you the journal gets updated saying you fucked up... But then again it's weird because if that were the case the quest should be moved directly to the 'failed missions' list...

Sencantor

Educated

Thanks a lot, but it's no good, no dialogue options with Ken'Udz... I suspect this is because when Saturas takes the items from you the journal gets updated saying you fucked up... But then again it's weird because if that were the case the quest should be moved directly to the 'failed missions' list...

There are still lots of things that aren't fully polished, unfortunately. Sad to hear that you can't pass that quest now, it blocks finishing the Ancients questline I think. So if you have a save before Saturas took the stuff away from you, you should load that. Otherwise...next playthrough I guess :)

Outlander

Patron
Sencantor I had a save right before teleporting to the Ancient's temple, so I just redid the whole thing :|

I'm currently on Uriziel's island and the dragon wants its egg. But of course I misplaced it who knows where. Checked with Servin, the trader in the Smugglers Camp but he doesn't have it.

Do you have the insert code for it? :lol:

Sencantor

Educated
Sencantor I had a save right before teleporting to the Ancient's temple, so I just redid the whole thing :|

I'm currently on Uriziel's island and the dragon wants its egg. But of course I misplaced it who knows where. Checked with Servin, the trader in the Smugglers Camp but he doesn't have it.

Do you have the insert code for it? :lol:

You lost a DRAGONEGG? :lol:
(that's the code ^^)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom