Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
i think it's incline because first of all it gives the city some form of interactivity and more importantly, cdpr will never implement AVs/spinners as a gameplay feature so this gives you the opportunity to experience one of the only great things about the game, the artdesign and atmosphere of night city, from above. i want the metro to be offcially implemented by cdpr asap.

Danikas

Arcane

You play as a public transportation car? That's.. incline I guess? :hahano:

Do you level up every few kilometers and can allocate perk points for those sweet 1% more brake/acceleration power too?

What? This mod replaces fast travel points in train stations so you can actually ride the train, there is also an fps view.

It's obvious the train system was cut from the game at the last minute because almost everything is there some stations are entirely finished with full interiors the rail system runs through the whole city and they put many details in upper parts of the city that you will never see otherwise. Like many things in Cyberpunk it's unfinished due to rushed release but the intent to have it was clearly there same with car chases.

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane
How is riding the train repetitively fun tho? I wouldn't mind it as a skippable travel option but what's important is NPCs using it in a game like this.

Zeriel

Arcane

You play as a public transportation car? That's.. incline I guess? :hahano:

Do you level up every few kilometers and can allocate perk points for those sweet 1% more brake/acceleration power too?

I don't think those traincars were meant to be the final cars tbh. If you see the videos they released that you can take as concept art of how trains are supposed to look, they look like normal trains. Those cars look more like movers/utility cars, and I imagine they were implemented just as placeholders to test out whether they could do them on a game design level.

It's cool that modders want to and did make it a "reality", but it's still pretty lame.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
TBH, just having all metro fast travel points unlocked from the start would have already been minor incline. No actual train ride needed, although it would be nice to be able to look at the city from slightly above once in a while. Instead of rushing through it, because cars only know full throttle...
In fact, only those public transportation FTPs in the game at all would have been medium incline.
It always irked me, that I had to drive through the whole city for the offrenda, while every dipshit fixer blurts into my ear to do jobs for him. But thanks to the fixed levels you won't do anything for them for the next 10-20 hours. :argh:
Another plus for the Streetkid again: you have the Coyote FTP unlocked from the start, since you are short a car, and you know Padre, so him calling you is okay. Traveling back on the bike, visit Delamain and the graveyard through Wakakoland, and neither Dino nor El Capitanorito will even know your lowly noobish ass yet. Immershun preserved. :obviously:

typical user

Arbiter
In GTA 4 there is metro & taxi fast travel. Most of the time people were stealing cars and driving to their destination. Complaining about metro fast travel is beyond retarded when it would increase immersion. The game already has dataterm fast travel points dotted at around every corner. Actual metro would actually force people to drive to Badlands and back plus some random encounters could be easily implemented on metro stations. But CDPR had better idea to mindlessly copy Twitcher mechanics.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Currently on my 2nd playthrough. This time I'm doing all the side quests. I really liked the Mad Prophet (cohhcarnage quest) and the Mayor chains and their implied linking. Gave me some good psychological dread for a couple of hours. I also enjoyed ending up in the same situation as Sandra Dorsett and the implication of her employer being connected to the Mayor/Prophet chains.

Thank god the berserk glitch is still in the game or I would have finished it with Athletics 7.

Most annoying bug so far: my gorilla arms not being able to hit anything after some time. They work when I start a fresh session, but at some point they just stop working.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I liked how one could only really connect the dots of his ramblings about Lilith and blue eyes on a second playthrough, when you have more knowledge. Similar how many pads from scanner hustles in a district are connected to an NPC from a gig, except you might not know them yet or remember.
Or some little forshading, like the 2 dead netrunners you can find in their Watson dens. One was hired to hack into the soviet dude's computer, the other into Konpeki Plaza IIRC.
One of them was promised to join the Vodoo Bois as reward (as a disposable ranjin), by Jean-Kiri, the chick that pours ice into your tub during "Transmission". They seem like a trustworthy bunch right? :hahano:

Too bad they didn't make more with it. Sad.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
that ending felt great, not gonna lie. Still, I wanted to shoot that big guy from the very start.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Flacide? You do shoot him in the chapel if you are fighting them. Except recent versions fucked detection up, so he comes down. You might have not even noticed smashing his skull among all the others. :hahano:

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Flacide? You do shoot him in the chapel if you are fighting them. Except recent versions fucked detection up, so he comes down. You might have not even noticed smashing his skull among all the others. :hahano:
No no, I remember killing him vividly. It was the best part, but as a gigachad once said "The Good does not wash out the Bad." so I still dread doing the voodoo boys part of the story. Maybe I'll try siding with the FBI agent this time. Fuck ActionButton and his stance on snitching.

thepowerlies

Gaymers: Cyberbug is buggy piece of shit also Gaymers: Bitcher 3 is the best game ever made

I was wondering how the video is getting views from this website...

To be honest with you I messed a lot with the game in terms of mods, scripts and changing some files to make some custom scenes and battle videos.
That's why some stuff like this happens now and then.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Gaymers: Cyberbug is buggy piece of shit also Gaymers: Bitcher 3 is the best game ever made

I was wondering how the video is getting views from this website...

To be honest with you I messed a lot with the game in terms of mods, scripts and changing some files to make some custom scenes and battle videos.
That's why some stuff like this happens now and then.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
I did the romance with River. It felt really gay. He's still the most likeable partner. Judy and Panam are pretty females, but both are emotional assholes. One could argue that the women are more suitable as a short time partner in a roleplay setting considering V's circumstances.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom