Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
In Battlefield there's a really great feature where it's a different game so I don't have to play with CoD scrubs like you. :cool:

Curratum

CoD is an amazing arcade action shooter with just enough of a "war / military" film of paint on it to feel "cool" and entertaining.

Retards like Nutria think they have the intellectual higher ground playing BField, while in reality BField is a duller, slower, more boring version of Call of Duty, much like ARMA is an even duller, even slower version of BField. For all its pretenses for more realism and more entertaining action, BField is even more bullet spongy and disgusting than CoD, with spawns that are just as shitty and mechanics that are just as retarded. The chief difference is that in BF you get to run for 20 seconds until you get back into the action, and in CoD you have to run 5.

Edit: If you want a good "serious", "realistic" military shooter that is still an actual game and is entertaining to play, go play Rising Storm 2 Vietnam.

Last edited by a moderator:

Riskbreaker

This thing looks promising:

There certainly appears to be more to it than to similar lo-fi, PSX-styled horror games which tend to boil down to couple dozen minutes of running around, maybe running from something or other (see the sort of stuff oft covered on Alpha Beta Gamer). One hopes for a proper survival horror.
And it does look rather nice and the setting is one that I'd love to see more of in horror or horror-adjacent games - think of From's Kuon or of Cosmology of Kyoto.

It also reminded me of this:

A game I first heard of years ago on the old Sword of Moonlight forum. There was a fan translation in progress then but it never materialised.

Last edited by a moderator:

lycanwarrior

Scholar
On the last day of the Steam sale, I bit the bullet and got the following games:

Life is Strange: True Colors
Psychonauts 2
Mass Effect Trilogy Legendary Edition. For this one, I already have the disk copy on the Xbox 360 so it is more getting an up-to-date version of the series as well as a backup.

The previous month before, pre-ordered Expeditions: Rome.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Showa 66, Japan has bought out most of the United States with its strong economic power. A surge of immigration has firmly planted Japanese culture within the American continent. Two cultures are rapidly amalgamated, although conflicts are inevitable, citizens gradually adapt to a life never imagined as time goes by.

Can't tell if this is satirical commentary on how the US colonized Japan culturally in the post war era, or the decline of western civilization.

With zombies.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

The premise looks interesting, also:

ss_a1bbf2561c6869a661e94b8942d31d83d5d56928.1920x1080.jpg

lightbane

Arcane
Can't tell if this is satirical commentary on how the US colonized Japan culturally in the post war era, or the decline of western civilization.
With zombies.

Also giant drills because "anime". Also, this gif, in case you missed it. Or didn't want to see...

about_5.gif

Can someone please invent a virus that kills everyone under the age of 25?

The Youtubers' fad is certainly going on for too long.

Dexter

Arcane
Showa 66, Japan has bought out most of the United States with its strong economic power. A surge of immigration has firmly planted Japanese culture within the American continent. Two cultures are rapidly amalgamated, although conflicts are inevitable, citizens gradually adapt to a life never imagined as time goes by.

It's a Chinese-made game apparently taking the piss out of both the US and Japan by a Indie developer based in the Corona Capital of Wuhan: https://www.nekcomgames.com/

lightbane

Arcane
This one might hold actual promise besides being meme-bait.

The source of all disasters
A novel human-to-human transmission virus outbreak has been discovered in Seafood market.
With threats from America imperialism hostile forces, colluded with anti-Motherland protestors trying to subvert the regime.
Supreme Leader handed over the country to you and evacuated to Berlin for holiday.

For the glory of Motherland, you are the last hope of humanity!
Quarantineer is a Dystopian Simulator
  • Hospital : micro-manage the hospital infrastructure to help improve the treatment.
  • Quarantine : isolate the infected patients to curb the spread of virus.
  • Vaccine : research and develop cure for the great science of Motherland.
  • Media Propaganda : publish satisfying statistics to win the hearts of people.
  • Economy : develop economy to generate country's income.
  • Military : suppress domestic protests by force, fight foreign hostile forces.
  • Fate : based on your not so immoral decisions, decide the final destination and fate of Motherland.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Kriegsfront Tactics, a procedural turn-based mecha tactics RPG set in alternate 1970s during an era of conflict in Southeast Asia, from the developers of... Coffee Talk?

ss_ddf2d650540546eda72c4a6d3ceb97a6eabafaca.600x338.jpg
ss_f67fca44cb8ef3a5bed4e6f689896b61004fde3a.600x338.jpg

There's a "diorama" demo available:

Ruinlander, post-apocalyptic survival RPG:

ss_69812472212396d4206a8d3a91436db560a09cd0.600x338.jpg
ss_6e7056a75c4540b2a85d18d464af958b99bab3c5.600x338.jpg

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
n-fusion is apparently remaking their first ww2 fps, deadly dozen. this might be good but i really hope some of the assets in the trailer are placeholders

ferratilis

Magister
Full price. Eat my nutsack, IOI. :argh:

This shit makes me happy cause I've stopped playing Hitman after Blood Money.

It always was and will remain the best one. The last one not to be tainted by always-online DRM, endless DLCs, terrible pricing etc. The worst thing is that the new trilogy is quite good, but the way release, marketing, and post launch support have been handled is beyond retarded. For all three games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom