Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

ArchAngel

Arcane
Depends on skill and if they're in your party. If you can get them points to spend, the best way to level up anyone from your party in terms of raw character level (not skill levels) is crafting. Gives a lot of XP quickly and you have full control of anyone in your party. Downside is it's really slow if not given learn modifiers.

I am more interested in getting them on higher skill levels.

At the moment all their skill levels are shit.

Is it better to take them under your wing as companion to increase weapon skills for example or should you let them form their own party?
Their own party will level up a bigger range of their skills.

Peachcurl

Cipher
If you check the skills in the character page, they should have tags:
(personal) only have effect on the individual character, e.g., individual combat statistics
(leader) only have effect when character leads their own party
(quartermaster) (scout) (surgeon) (steward) only have effect if character is assigned to that position in a party
(governor) similar to the above

Skills can have more than one of those tags at the same time.

And afaik, they can only increase when they are used / have effect, i.e., as outlined above.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Once I reached 2.5 mil gold I conquered a castle on edge of Sturgia territory and proclaimed a new kingdom of Kingdomia. Soon after another Sturgia town went native and I conquered it as well. After that I could give the castle to one of my companions and make him a baron in my kingdom. It costs 500 influence, 20 000 gold and you need to give them some property. Also it is hidden well, you need to talk to him/her directly to be able to do it.

After that I went to conquer more Sturgia lands and now I got 3 towns and 3 castles. I am at war with Sturgia a bit and then a bit with Mongols. Both get kicked in the nuts, lose some town or castle and then ask for peace while paying tribute.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
b-but these Lords always look so happy when you release them!

SO HAPPY!

aynR3GJ.png
I'm still waiting for implementation of

iu

iu

iu

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
6. I must be the only moron who thinks smithing fucking sucks. Everyone always goes on about how it's OP, but I just don't see it. You have to go out fight some looters or whatever, then you smelt their stuff, then you wait a bunch, then you make some two handed swords as those are the only ones that cost anything, and even then, they only sell for about 2k bucks. Who cares? In the time it takes to do all that you can flip some jewels and get a fat profit, or sack a town or a few armies and get like 50k in loot. Last time I played, I got smithing all the way to around 70, which was long and boring, and even then it barely was worth it, because I paid more in wages while waiting for stamina (even with the perk that cut the cost of waiting in towns) than what I got from smithing (and yes, I know about the orders, those usually suck too asking you to make shitty clubs and daggers for 500 big ones, and when the stars align just right, you maybe get 4-5k for a sword. Wow).

I hope they fixed this, but you get to the point where you can make and sell two handed swords that sell for easily over 90k (more than all the available gold in any town). And you don't even need more than like the 4th tier metal or so, not even the final 2 tiers of metals. A couple battles against lords will give you enough resources to craft like 5 or more swords (probably more if you are really minmaxing sword resources that take lower tier metals but still produce high damage swords). Not that you need to battle to get loot. You will make more than enough to just buy weapons, melt them down, and forge them into more valuable two handed swords.

You do need to get to like 100-125 smithing (I forget exactly how much) or so to get the perk to smelt the needed metals, but since exp gained seems to be a factor of how expensive the sword is, you will quickly level up to that just making the biggest and highest damage two handed swords you are able. Plus, on the way to the final goal your sword values will be rapidly rising. So long before you get to the 90k+ you will be making 10k, 30k, and 40k swords, which will already let you make a ton of cash really fast.

The most tedious part of that isn't even the smithing (using all your companions and family for the smithing helps deal with the smithing fatigue). Most of your time in the process is spent travelling around to 8-10 different towns to be able to sell the swords you made.

I really hope they have fixed this. I like the idea of making my own gear, but it really lowers the difficulty of the game when you can just crank out a couple swords and easily solve any money issues you might be having.

I haven't played in something like 3 or 4 months. In the version I played, they had tried to nerf smithing somewhat (halved the rate your skills increased from free smithing) but you still raised your smithing skill insanely fast just smithing the biggest and highest damage two handed sword you had the metals and blueprints for.

They really just need to fix their formula for weapon value to make it so two handed swords aren't so valuable. Currently, making a much higher quality one handed sword that uses the highest tier metals and is a masterwork with bonuses from legendary smithing will sell for only a fraction of what two-handed swords you can mass produce using lower tier metals sell for. Because the two handed sword has bigger numbers attached to it, so is much more valuable.
How about armoursmithing?

vota DC

Augur
6. I must be the only moron who thinks smithing fucking sucks. Everyone always goes on about how it's OP, but I just don't see it. You have to go out fight some looters or whatever, then you smelt their stuff, then you wait a bunch, then you make some two handed swords as those are the only ones that cost anything, and even then, they only sell for about 2k bucks. Who cares? In the time it takes to do all that you can flip some jewels and get a fat profit, or sack a town or a few armies and get like 50k in loot. Last time I played, I got smithing all the way to around 70, which was long and boring, and even then it barely was worth it, because I paid more in wages while waiting for stamina (even with the perk that cut the cost of waiting in towns) than what I got from smithing (and yes, I know about the orders, those usually suck too asking you to make shitty clubs and daggers for 500 big ones, and when the stars align just right, you maybe get 4-5k for a sword. Wow).

I hope they fixed this, but you get to the point where you can make and sell two handed swords that sell for easily over 90k (more than all the available gold in any town). And you don't even need more than like the 4th tier metal or so, not even the final 2 tiers of metals. A couple battles against lords will give you enough resources to craft like 5 or more swords (probably more if you are really minmaxing sword resources that take lower tier metals but still produce high damage swords). Not that you need to battle to get loot. You will make more than enough to just buy weapons, melt them down, and forge them into more valuable two handed swords.

You do need to get to like 100-125 smithing (I forget exactly how much) or so to get the perk to smelt the needed metals, but since exp gained seems to be a factor of how expensive the sword is, you will quickly level up to that just making the biggest and highest damage two handed swords you are able. Plus, on the way to the final goal your sword values will be rapidly rising. So long before you get to the 90k+ you will be making 10k, 30k, and 40k swords, which will already let you make a ton of cash really fast.

The most tedious part of that isn't even the smithing (using all your companions and family for the smithing helps deal with the smithing fatigue). Most of your time in the process is spent travelling around to 8-10 different towns to be able to sell the swords you made.

I really hope they have fixed this. I like the idea of making my own gear, but it really lowers the difficulty of the game when you can just crank out a couple swords and easily solve any money issues you might be having.

I haven't played in something like 3 or 4 months. In the version I played, they had tried to nerf smithing somewhat (halved the rate your skills increased from free smithing) but you still raised your smithing skill insanely fast just smithing the biggest and highest damage two handed sword you had the metals and blueprints for.

They really just need to fix their formula for weapon value to make it so two handed swords aren't so valuable. Currently, making a much higher quality one handed sword that uses the highest tier metals and is a masterwork with bonuses from legendary smithing will sell for only a fraction of what two-handed swords you can mass produce using lower tier metals sell for. Because the two handed sword has bigger numbers attached to it, so is much more valuable.
Since armors have only a number + weight while weapons have damage, Speed, lenght and grip It would be lame. They could use Kcd system: layer and different value for piercing, slashing and bashing.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Since armors have only a number + weight while weapons have damage, Speed, lenght and grip It would be lame. They could use Kcd system: layer and different value for piercing, slashing and bashing.
To be fair armors have armor value for 3 different body parts so that can be used as well.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Haven't played for over a year, how's the singleplayer experience now? Is it good for roleplaying?

meh, I don't think there were any relevant changes in that regard
They did add a bunch of content if you want to be a bandit and lead bandit armies. Unfortunately you cannot take over bandit hideouts and have your own criminal empire that does not care which lord controls the cities.

But you can have a wife, kids, make your own lords if you are a King and so on.

Peachcurl

Cipher
They did add a bunch of content if you want to be a bandit and lead bandit armies. Unfortunately you cannot take over bandit hideouts and have your own criminal empire that does not care which lord controls the cities.

Ah, I missed the bandit stuff. But I think the waifu/kid/king stuff was already possible rather early on?

ArchAngel

Arcane

Ah, I missed the bandit stuff. But I think the waifu/kid/king stuff was already possible rather early on?
Yes but they added aging in the meantime and you can die from old age and then continue playing as your children.

vota DC

Augur

To be fair armors have armor value for 3 different body parts so that can be used as well.
You can use greaves with less leg protection but that protect your head but It would be strange. While localizing protection is good (in multiplayer they used overall armor instead of localized) give different protection is better. Another good example Is the old fallout 1.

Lokiamis

Learned
I didn't really expect this day to come, but Bannerlord has finally reached the point where I'm willing to say it's a better game than Warband. It's still missing a bunch of things that I hope make a return someday, but the new features have won me over now that they're mostly functional.
Right now it looks like we're moving towards stability and expanded functionality for modders. I just hope they haven't all been burned out by the years of updates fucking with their mods. The nexus is full of abandoned/adopted mods.

Peachcurl

Cipher
I didn't really expect this day to come, but Bannerlord has finally reached the point where I'm willing to say it's a better game than Warband. It's still missing a bunch of things that I hope make a return someday, but the new features have won me over now that they're mostly functional.
Right now it looks like we're moving towards stability and expanded functionality for modders. I just hope they haven't all been burned out by the years of updates fucking with their mods. The nexus is full of abandoned/adopted mods.

I know what you are saying, but I don't think the "better than Warband" point can be reached without taking a very close look at the modding situation.

The base game may already be better, and with most other games this would be it. Not for M&B. Mods are essential.

Perkel

Arcane
went back to bannerlord. I didn't play it since it went on early access and even then i just spent few hours fucking around in it and held it off when game would be more/finished.

Most of performance issues and weird behavior is gone, stutters are also gone. UI looks nicer and there is some QOL. Armory also looks much better now.

Is there any roadmap to 1.0 ? What they need to finish ?

Barbarian

Arcane
So how is this game right now?

The past versions I tried had a really fun early game grind. Once you were powerful enough there was no reason to play and it got old real fast.

Have they added anything that makes late game interesting?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom