Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Uh guys wtf, does the choice you pick when dealing with the wardstone influence the difficulty of the Minagho fight that comes right after? On my previous 2 playthroughs I beat that encounter first try, no microing no pre-buffing, nothing. You get buffed so hard you don't need to do anything. Both times I picked something that destroyed the purple knife. This time however I picked the option to forgive the rebel angels so I can keep the knife and this time around the fight was fucking pandemonium. First of all, Minagho casts phantasmal putrification, which knocks out 4/6, she casts slumber, rushes the backline, punks Ember in one hit, sleeps Daeran so no healing and she doesn't even have the decency to give up before all her demon friends are dead like the other two times. I don't remember her doing that at all the other two times. I also lose a ridiculous amount of HP before the fight from the wound bleeding, like up to 17 points. Am I losing my mind? I only managed to beat her after like 30 minutes of trying by the skin of my nuts, with only my PC left alive with like 4 HP. Core difficulty all 3 times. Same party composition too, apart from my PC ofc.

The secret is having a char casting grease on her (not from scroll).
The grease is 60 DC because "mythic power", so she always fails it and will never get on her feet again, and then just dmg her while she's on the floor.

Otherwise it becomes a very hard fight, Vrocks stun DCs are nuts especially on harder difficulties, simply impossible to pass it on hard.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Otherwise it becomes a very hard fight, Vrocks stun DCs are nuts especially on harder difficulties, simply impossible to pass it on hard.
Challenge accepted. What is the number?

I don't remember but quite high, I think even with a 20 I wouldn't have enough. But even if it was possible to pass, new vrocks keep teleporting in so you are bound to be perma stunned eventualy.

Btw I did manage to win the fight when I took Ember instead of Nenio (so no grease for me) but Seelah and Camelia died.
Try to win and keeping everyone alive without using grease on hard.

Last edited:

Humbaba

Arcane
I suppose getting a string of bad rolls during a total playtime of 250+ hours is not that unlikely all things considered. I used to play blood bowl and fucking hell does that game teach you the joys of variance in a dice game. I should've known something was up when I failed to push over that pillar in the tower 5 times in a row when all I needed was a 6. Imagine if the game places a troll seed everytime you start a new playthrough and the devs told no one about it.

Speaking of which, could you imagine if the game places a seed at the start determining whether or not Arushalae is just fucking with you the entire time and you only find out at the very end?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't understand crusader mode. I mean, I understand how it works, but I don't understand why the game keep gifting me units in these small stacks and expecting me to use them in any way? The armies don't have enough slots, and in general it seems there are way too many different units that seemingly seem absolutely useless. I tried making a second army, but the quality of the troopers nor money allow for it. I tried making a second army and they got butchered in their first battle. It just seems better to roll around with one "massive" army that gets all the recruits possible.

Also interesting how Owlcat randomly made the Storyteller an old predatory gay man. It wouldn't surprise me it turns out he worked for BBC in one of his flashbacks.

Humbaba

Arcane
I don't understand crusader mode. I mean, I understand how it works, but I don't understand why the game keep gifting me units in these small stacks and expecting me to use them in any way? The armies don't have enough slots, and in general it seems there are way too many different units that seemingly seem absolutely useless. I tried making a second army, but the quality of the troopers nor money allow for it. I tried making a second army and they got butchered in their first battle. It just seems better to roll around with one "massive" army that gets all the recruits possible.

Also interesting how Owlcat randomly made the Storyteller an old predatory gay man. It wouldn't surprise me it turns out he worked for BBC in one of his flashbacks.
Yeah balance wise crusade mode is in complete shambles. Invest everything in magic. Fuck troops. If a general doesn't come with fire bolt then he's not worth your time.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Is there a way get level 7 for Nenio at the final battle in Gray Garrison? Then she will have Phantasmal Killer, and with DC 60 it's OHKO for Minagho.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Is there a way get level 7 for Nenio at the final battle in Gray Garrison? Then she will have Phantasmal Killer, and with DC 60 it's OHKO for Minagho.
If you turn off XP sharing and only go around adventuring with your character and Nenio you might reach this.

Humbaba

Arcane
Don't think so, the game pre-Drezen is very carefully balanced. I don't think I myself ever got a higher level than 6, only reaching 7 right after the fight.

If you turn off XP sharing and only go around adventuring with your character and Nenio you might reach this.
Unless you do something like this, which seems a bit drastic.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
And then use this soloing character for the Swarm-That-Walks.

Great idea. Now I know what my 3d playthrough will be.

Humbaba

Arcane
I gotta say I appreciate the devs modelling greatswords after zweihanders, the objectively coolest swords in history and making them properly huge too. Most games call regular two handed swords greatswords when they're way too small.

And then use this soloing character for the Swarm-That-Walks.

Great idea. Now I know what my 3d playthrough will be.
Daring! Don't forget to post results.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Yeah. It's a great shame too, because some of them are exclusive to very particular choices or character backgrounds, but because you only ever get 3 of them (maaaybe a few more if you get lucky with mercenary rolls) they're impossible to actually use in combat.

They really should have gone for a kings bounty system instead, where the max size of a stack was the limiting factor(and then cut down the units to a single row instead of two). As it is, any unit you can't recruit every week will quickly be a useless unit. Maybe they'll fix crusade mode for the ineveitable console release? I think kingdom mode got significant upgrades for the goty edition?

Efe

Erudite
either that or straight up single army units like a tactics game would have worked a lot better

Polanski

Scholar
Everybody probably already knows, but Cornugan smash on Regill is amazing! With Hellknight Fearsomeness ability, all units are shit they pants from 1 hit. Lvl 9 and all demons are literally running away from him.

Humbaba

Arcane
Everybody probably already knows, but Cornugan smash on Regill is amazing! With Hellknight Fearsomeness ability, all units are shit they pants from 1 hit. Lvl 9 and all demons are literally running away from him.
Aren't endgame demons immune to fear tho?

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Don't think so, the game pre-Drezen is very carefully balanced. I don't think I myself ever got a higher level than 6, only reaching 7 right after the fight.

Unless you do something like this, which seems a bit drastic.

Got lvl 7 with all for Minagho fight.

Hint: you can do just fine with 3 members to clear most of Market square.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
Some lategame enemies are immune to fear but it's not a common as you might think.

The only ways to take advantage of Shatter Defenses on those enemies that I know of are:

1. Magus arcana ability (1 round duration)
  2. Peacemaker's special ability (late-game Handaxe)

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Some lategame enemies are immune to fear but it's not a common as you might think.

The only ways to take advantage of Shatter Defenses on those enemies that I know of are:

1. Magus arcana ability (1 round duration)
  2. Peacemaker's special ability (late-game Handaxe)

What arcana ability?

Also, you can proc shaken on fear immune enemies with Angel spell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom