Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity + The White March Expansion Thread

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
How good is the White March DLC

One of the best RPG expansions ever made. Superior to the main game in every single way.
Is there a mod that separates them from the main game so you could play only that as a standalone expanshun?

Not to my knowledge, no. I once went there on level 4 and wouldn't recommend it, that was... hard :lol:

Wouldn't have made it past Stalwart no-rest zone without Hiravias' charm animal spells.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So the Druid is badly written? I was plannig of getting him.
There's nothing wrong with him. He is that sort of character who always tries to be quippy, even in the face of immediate danger or when confronted with serious issues. I guess that's why others find him annoying. I find him funny, and at least his quest and personal dilemma are interesting and related to the aspects of the settings the games pushes you to care about.

Moreover, I can't imagine playing this game without a Druid. My entire game plan revolves around Relentless Storm.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well, i did it boys, i'm now the champion of Gilted Vale lmao.

Time to go kill Radreic (Redric? Reidric? What's his face).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yeah that shit is super annoying. I assume the game was originally meant to be text only, right?

More proof that voiced dialog in games with such huge scripts is a cancer and fuck all the retards who scream for that shit. Learn to read, faggots.

It was always meat to be partially-voiced just like every Infinity Engine game. They were just dumb.

If they acknowledged it, why is it in Deadfire as well?

I haven't played Deadfire but didn't they hire a narrator specifically to voice all that so you get the full voice acting experience? I vaguely recall Avellone also mentioning something about it, though I can't be certain.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, i just gave Gaun's Share to Eder. I think this pretty much sums it up:

https://www.reddit.com/r/projectete...ted_recently_how_it_feels_giving_gauns_share/

10mo1wqqypj71.png

It also just dawned on me i can give Aloth that other grimoire i found. I'm fucking retarded how didn't i know this. Pretty cool idea but it's sad because it would have been a whole lot cooler in a D&D game where you have all those situational spells.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I did it, I killed the Adra Dragon.
Had to take a few more attempts and a bunch of scrolls, Aloth and priest buffs but I did it.
Oh and guns. I just had a gunline ripping into the Dragon's side while summoned ogres punched it in the face.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah that shit is super annoying. I assume the game was originally meant to be text only, right?

More proof that voiced dialog in games with such huge scripts is a cancer and fuck all the retards who scream for that shit. Learn to read, faggots.

It was always meat to be partially-voiced just like every Infinity Engine game. They were just dumb.

If they acknowledged it, why is it in Deadfire as well?

I haven't played Deadfire but didn't they hire a narrator specifically to voice all that so you get the full voice acting experience? I vaguely recall Avellone also mentioning something about it, though I can't be certain.
The full voice acting was announced as sort of a "suprsise" for the fans, in the middle of development of Deadfire. It's one of the things that drove Josh closer to a mental institution, because of all the extra work it added.

In the end it's very much an example of "quantity over quality".

Blutwurstritter

Learned
It also just dawned on me i can give Aloth that other grimoire i found. I'm fucking retarded how didn't i know this. Pretty cool idea but it's sad because it would have been a whole lot cooler in a D&D game where you have all those situational spells.
I remember reading about grimoires in some early preview and I thought that sounds like a really neat idea. Possibly a way to distinguish mages from other caster classes. They had made a mage specific item that could have come with interesting properties that wouldn't be available to other caster classes. It isn't hard to come up with ideas how this item could be used. For example grimoires that remove friendly fire from certain spells; books that increase the duration and power of self buffs but incur a penalty. A book that increase casting speed of some spells, etc. They could have done some really interesting things that way for mages with their limited spell selection in comparison to priests and druids; its a shame that they haven't.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Moreover, I can't imagine playing this game without a Druid. My entire game plan revolves around Relentless Storm.

Exactly! Forget his "character," you can click past dialog. His spells are fucking brutal, and if you don't take him you have no other access to Druid spells unless you roll one yourself. Relentless Storm is insanely good.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
RE: Druid - ridiculously OP, yet one-note. I was very disappointed with druids in PoE, they are usually one of my go-to classes. Hiravias' stats don't matter at all.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
So I beat the game.
The ending slides were nice. The final boss was pretty annoying though; he kept healing himself to full health and had some pretty insane defenses and dominate because fuck me I guess. At one point he nearly wiped out the party but I managed to get Durance to revive Aloth and start paralyzing him with Gaze of the Adragan so the two ogre summons, Durance, Kana and my character shoot the crap out of him.

Overall, pretty good game. No idea what character to roll next. I wanted to try a godlike, but they all look so ugly.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
So I beat the game.
The ending slides were nice. The final boss was pretty annoying though; he kept healing himself to full health and had some pretty insane defenses and dominate because fuck me I guess. At one point he nearly wiped out the party but I managed to get Durance to revive Aloth and start paralyzing him with Gaze of the Adragan so the two ogre summons, Durance, Kana and my character shoot the crap out of him.

Overall, pretty good game. No idea what character to roll next. I wanted to try a godlike, but they all look so ugly.

What did you play the first time?

mediocrepoet

Patron
So I beat the game.

My favourites were hearth orlan cipher, hearth orlan rogue, and wood elf ranger.

I'm not a fan of godlike because it takes out your head slot, but there aren't that many good helmets in the game anyway if you end up liking one of the racials or something.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
So I beat the game.

What did you play the first time?
Human Mercenary fighter.
Or as I like to call it, the "Basic Bitch"

I don't know if I want to go as a psionic nobleman and try to give him a rapier and a pistol, or some sort of paladin.
Do the paladin backgrounds give you different spells, or are they all the same?

mediocrepoet

Patron
As I recall, the main differences between the paladin orders are the dispositions they favour and talents that modify your class features, generally flames of devotion (making a flaming sword) or lay on hands.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom