Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Psquit

Arcane
A coincidence!
WmU9DPy.jpg

AE3kyqt.png

It was preordained!

LAqNd53.png

RLGj9Qt.png

ysZC4el.png

jF68Gpk.png

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Guildmaster: Gratuitous Subtitle

20220110204417-1.jpg

20220110211500-1.jpg

Monster's Den: Godfall
yes, that's a giant flying cat monster
20220110180634-1.jpg

Plague Inc: Evolved

20211003191753-1.jpg

Project Zomboid
Made myself some yummy rodent meat roast! Tasty!
20220113234235-1.jpg

And finally, some QUAKE!
This is the Alkaline mod.

20220116153457-1.jpg

20220110214137-1.jpg

20220112235138-1.jpg

Serus

Arcane
Patron
20220110180634-1.jpg
Nothing very special about it. Beings looking similar to this one appear in many mythologies of many cultures from Mesopotamia to Germanic myths (goddess Freya owned those). For some reason they are not as well known in popular mythology as some other similar beasts. Just saying.
Also Monster's Den? Seriously? IIRC the series was some terrible web-only games (or something like that). How bad(or good?) is this one?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
20220110180634-1.jpg
Nothing very special about it. Beings looking similar to this one appear in many mythologies of many cultures from Mesopotamia to Germanic myths (goddess Freya owned those). For some reason they are not as well known in popular mythology as some other similar beasts. Just saying.
Also Monster's Den? Seriously? IIRC the series was some terrible web-only games (or something like that). How bad(or good?) is this one?

It started out as a flash game series on Newgrounds and other flash game sites, but I wouldn't call it terrible. As far as flash games go, this was among the better ones.

The entire series is now available on Steam and goes cheap on sales. Godfall is the most recent one, and it's pretty decent and while it has risen above its humble flash game beginnings, it's still the same formula at the core.

In Godfall, you run a mercenary company and can hire several characters (hire = create from scratch as you please), but only 4 can be in your party at any one time. It has an overworld that can be freely explored, and you can take missions from several factions which will reward you with gold and reputation, but if you take longer than a month the objective will fail so don't go and fill up your entire questlog at day one. There's also a main quest but I haven't come far in it yet.

The core of the game is its combat, and it's pretty decent. You have your 4 characters arranged on the left side and 2 free slots for summons. Enemies are arranged on the right side and can be up to 6. The position of characters on the grid determines where they can attack. My fighter in the front row center can attack any enemy in the front row, but my cleric at the top can only attack the top and middle ones - at least as long as those slots are filled. When only one enemy remains, everyone can attack it regardless of position.
The combat is turn based and initiative order is based on a timer. Those blue circles you see in the middle of characters are the action timer. Once it is full, the character gets to act. Some skills can reduce enemy action charge, causing their initiative to slip behind. There's a lot of different buff and debuff spells/skills too. Difficulty is pretty tough in some areas and you have to make sure your characters are well-equipped and have the right skills prioritized - you can't jack of all trades them, specializing is a lot more effective.

It's a decent enough game, especially for the price, if you want to go for some dungeon crawling.
It does have Diablo-style loot though, so if you're allergic to lootathons you might want to avoid it.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Last Remnant. I beat this one when it released on Xbox 360. I am now playing on PC for the first time. Very smooth frame rate, and other improvements makes this the version to play. Unfortunately, I don't think it's directly available on Steam anymore. I do think some resellers still sell keys. This is really an underappreciated gem. The game sits on a 66 Metascore, which is a travesty of epic proportions. The handling of unions and what units to put in is very fun. At first, the game can be confusing, but if you put some time in, you will have game with some of the most challenging encounters I can think of. If you fulfill the right criteria, you will even get to fight an even tougher version of the final boss. He was hard as balls, but I did beat him back in the day. I am playing this because I have been wanting to play the game with leaders only in my unions, something that the 360 version did not allow.

toughasnails

I was never enamored with how dx11 renderer's lighting looks compared to vanilla and going by the screens you guys are posting here it doesn't look like it has improved much even after there years.

Danikas

Arcane
I was never enamored with how dx11 renderer's lighting looks compared to vanilla and going by the screens you guys are posting here it doesn't look like it has improved much even after there years.
Meh it's worth it for performance improvement and much bigger view distance alone, dynamic shdows dont hurt either to me it looks much better than vannila Gothic and I will never play it again because without it Gothic runs at 25 fps on my modern pc and Chronicles of myrtana without dx11 in the city is a 10 fps slideshow.

Dunno what is your problem to me it look's comfy.

gothic2screenshot2021gqj4c.png

gothic2screenshot2021e9kc0.png

gothic2screenshot2021djk56.png
gothic2screenshot202153j9u.png

gothic2screenshot2021mjkzb.png
gothic2screenshot202165jc3.png

gothic2screenshot2021zsk3m.png

gothic2screenshot20216ikuk.png

gothic2screenshot2021bokbn.png

Last edited:

Malamert

Arcane
Edgy
Finished Zwei The Arges Adventure. Pretty good, rather short though, only 31 hours.

xN7WtP4.jpg

7tUah8u.jpg

n9r0eDO.jpg

miTQJR8.jpg

Fa2JoYF.jpg

Too old.

r0Sdgx9.jpg

pqVoShp.jpg

ZwibApI.jpg

RM5Twyp.jpg

c4W6tx4.jpg

2vQvvl9.jpg

3VwYIe0.jpg

i4AJPoZ.jpg

7lLnidX.jpg

IrjS0jm.jpg

Wait a minute, that guy...

XbWsQvJ.jpg

Z2Qdj7M.jpg

5H5L84o.jpg

k7Pe5bP.jpg

YjiSiWL.jpg

p117pgK.jpg

7zx11pf.jpg

Zyb47iV.jpg

grGmrtA.jpg

s4xswkK.jpg

f7tWY7J.jpg

uCmg3eW.jpg

rXMuS2o.jpg

LlugUis.jpg

peX13dY.jpg

mddGzL9.jpg

qWxwhIF.jpg

aTmFxJg.jpg

DAi2Pbe.jpg

fIYIugi.jpg

CuygKyZ.jpg

TOO. OLD.

HkfttWK.jpg

gJdJ2IK.jpg

qZsMwKb.jpg

g9fL6gJ.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom