Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Some lategame enemies are immune to fear but it's not a common as you might think.

The only ways to take advantage of Shatter Defenses on those enemies that I know of are:

1. Magus arcana ability (1 round duration)
  2. Peacemaker's special ability (late-game Handaxe)

So far most cases of fear immunity on boss-type enemies seems to come from Greater Heroism they come prebuffed with. Which can be dispelled with some luck.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Looking for spoiler: when you use your un-used companions to defend your camp or something?

I do not bother leveling un-used companions or equiping them, but i heard this can be a problem.

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Polanski

Scholar
Everybody probably already knows, but Cornugan smash on Regill is amazing! With Hellknight Fearsomeness ability, all units are shit they pants from 1 hit. Lvl 9 and all demons are literally running away from him.
Aren't endgame demons immune to fear tho?
Then they should still be shaken. I have not gotten to the end-game yet though.

No, they are not.
I believe so. I encountered one demon that was fear-immune yesterday, but still became shaken from Regill striking it.

Humbaba

Arcane
Do you get to choose them again or are they just first two you chose?
You just get to keep them, you don't choose them again.

Looking for spoiler: when you use your un-used companions to defend your camp or something?

I do not bother leveling un-used companions or equiping them, but i heard this can be a problem.

Yeah but that encounter is also bugged to shit and you don't need to win it afaik. Protip: just retreat to the bridge and wait until the demons have all aggrod on the venture captain, who is immortal. The demons will never lay off of him allowing you to slap em to death while they're distracted.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Angel Path is finally started to shown what's so different from the others and huh.. We actually got to talk with the Purpula's fall people.

Humbaba

Arcane
Everybody probably already knows, but Cornugan smash on Regill is amazing! With Hellknight Fearsomeness ability, all units are shit they pants from 1 hit. Lvl 9 and all demons are literally running away from him.

No, they are not.
I believe so. I encountered one demon that was fear-immune yesterday, but still became shaken from Regill striking it.
Basing a build around debuffs still is not exactly great when you could focus on making someone hit better and harder instead.

Polanski

Scholar

No, they are not.
Basing a build around debuffs still is not exactly great when you could focus on making someone hit better and harder instead.
If you go something like Armiger 17 / Hellknight 3 with Regill. I feel like you have a lot of room to give him more utility than just single target damage. What I did cost me 2 feats and a Hellknight Command and has so far made a giant difference.

And most importantly, all enemies being shit-scared of the miniature purple hellknight is simply COOL AS FUCK!

ArchAngel

Arcane

Humbaba

Arcane
which mythic feats/abilities you keep when you go legend?

The first pair (one ability and one feat), from before your path choice.
Do you get to choose them again or are they just first two you chose?

The first two chosen as far as I know.
Ok, so I need to respec before becoming Legend if I don't like first two.
Tbh Legend jacks up your stats and saves to such a high level that you really don't need any mythic feats anymore, not even last stand.

Humbaba

Arcane
As if to even out the rng from the Minagho fight I clear the entirety of the lost chapel with only reloading twice. This game is weird.

Gotta say arcane bloodrager's disruptive stuff is surprisingly handy. Enemies like succubi trying to use vampiric touch get shut down and the 40ft movement speed makes it possible to rush any caster and turn him off. AC isn't even that bad, with light armor, rings and necklaces and casting shield I get to a solid 26 + beast totem and I don't even have archmage armor yet. With self-cast bear's endurance and BVLL's strength I even have a pseudo mutagen at my disposal. Initiative is still low because I have no DEX bonus but I can get improved initiative as a bonus feat.

Delterius

Arcane
Anyone found anything good with new Lore mythic trick from Trickster?
As a matter of fact you can't get anything good from it

https://pastebin.com/7MJrEGba

It's useless

Where and how you got this, bro?

Also, you should get artefacts from Kingmaker, no?
Official Discord build channel.

And turns out, nope. We were just assuming things.

More and more I feel that Trickster is a lopsided and somewhat backloaded mythic.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How come the game often goes against recommending weapon focus? What is the reason for that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom