Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Super BunnyHop Thread

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

There's something poetically beautiful about a temple dedicated to the god of blacksmith and craftsmanship being one of a few still intacted buildings since ancient times.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Looks like he's back to making interesting videos. Let's see how long will it last...

Also, this thread as been updated but for some reason it's not in the first page:

ImQ9DGL.png

EDIT:
Welp. My post fixed that :D

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Looks like yet another video about real issues. At this point he should stop pretending to write about games, he's an activist.
Tbh, there is a good video to be made about game mechanics representing uncertain real world issues, ala global warming. This video is mostly a review of civ games though (I thought it was kinda interesting that the older civs had mechanics about it).
Boy does this video get preachy though. Especially at the very end when he presents his patreon supports as: "these people better be very grateful they have disposable income right now!".

Hobknobling

Learned
Man this guy had it rough

I started watching his channel when it was a two-man show. That was very early on.

Now I view him as another victim of the content grind. LGR and Joseph Anderson are other channels that took a nosedive in quality or stopped publishing videos because the creators obviously burned out or lost their marbles.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
The only thing that doesn't seem to be lookin up is his channel :lol:
But I guess that's to be expected when you only upload videos 1 once every 3 months, on topics that even most people into this subject matter barely care for
I had almost forgotten about this guy

He was never particularly good

Nah, his early stuff was good
Specially his "Critical Close-ups", were imo some of the best video essays on the games he tackled
Honestly it's still impressive how much a nosedive in quality his channel has taken

I mean his only worthwhile videos in 2 years is a review of Hitman 3 and Valve Index:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5gX2XZcw3A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3NQptr7CEk

Berengar

Learned
He fell into a common trap most gaming youtubers do where he put a lot of his energy into his podcast(fair enough those are more reliable for making money compared to patreon and youtube ad rev) but after their last episode it sounded like that shit was over too with their big NFT argument. Hopefully that means we get a return to his regular type of videos.

timestamped it but just in case it doesn't work it's 1:12:00

Archibald

Arcane
I don't like NFTs, but George is seriously retarded with his "if electrical grid goes down it is going to be worthless" takes.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
I don't like NFTs, but George is seriously retarded with his "if electrical grid goes down it is going to be worthless" takes.

It's not fair to boil his argument down to that phrase.

Either way, people who are trading NFTs are on the same level of stupid as people trading cards on Steam.

NFTs are not a legal proof of ownership either.

There are so many reasons to roll one's eyes at NFTs, but I didn't listen to the whole debate, because none of the people on the podcast understood NFTs very well anyway.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I haven't got the faintest fucking clue about what NFT's are
But honestly the takes from the black guy Matt, made seem like he has a part of a pyramid scheme or a cult
Fuck, when he started using his life expereiences of being "poor" as a defense, that shit almost sounded like a textbook cope of someone whose entire worldview was being challenged

He fell into a common trap most gaming youtubers do where he put a lot of his energy into his podcast

What even is the appeal of podcasts?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom