Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
I don't know what you're talking about, it's obvious that Detlow is the beast. I found his potion pile in the woods before I found any of the bodies, then once I found the bodies the plot rail-roads you into the velociraptor den through cutscenes.

Yeah, I had the same thoughts and the same thing happened to me. Didn't see any option after these events that allowed for alternative outcomes. Got the achievement and everything, but the ending slide was still negative.

Likewise. I suspected Detlow, but I didn't see any option to act on it. Tried speaking with him afterwards, exhausted all options. After that I suspected Bodowin, but that was also a cold trace. I guess I should've inspected Detlow's house, but I didn't know where he lived.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Is it possible to join the hunters in the araxos guild? I've done the same amount of quests for both lieutenants, but I only got offered to join the mercs.

Sjukob

Arcane
I don't know what you're talking about, it's obvious that Detlow is the beast. I found his potion pile in the woods before I found any of the bodies, then once I found the bodies the plot rail-roads you into the velociraptor den through cutscenes.

Yeah, I had the same thoughts and the same thing happened to me. Didn't see any option after these events that allowed for alternative outcomes. Got the achievement and everything, but the ending slide was still negative.
You have to confront him AFTER the hunt is over and celebrations are done. Just come to his house in the old town.

Sjukob

Arcane
Is it possible to join the hunters in the araxos guild? I've done the same amount of quests for both lieutenants, but I only got offered to join the mercs.
Yes, it's works the same as joining the mercenaries does, complete all of the quests for Garos and then wait for some time, then one of the araxos runners will tell you that Lorenzo has a message for you, go talk to Lorenzo and then Garos to become a hunter. Note that it's absolutely required for you to have bow proficiency of at least 30%, otherwise Garos will not accept you.

agris

Arcane
Patron

You have to confront him AFTER the hunt is over and celebrations are done. Just come to his house in the old town.
Yep, I did. I think it comes down to how I acted during the hunt borking the script that opens up the dialogue options. I didn’t hit enough “true beast” script nodes before getting railroaded by cutscenes into the false conclusion.

Mauman

Learned
Ok....

I'd like to meat the person who got the idea for the mysterious merchant in the swamp.

I'd like to shake their hand......then break all of their teeth in.

:argh:

Sjukob

Arcane
Yep, I did. I think it comes down to how I acted during the hunt borking the script that opens up the dialogue options. I didn’t hit enough “true beast” script nodes before getting railroaded by cutscenes into the false conclusion.
May be, I don't know the exact win and failure conditions for the revelation. I've heard that checking on the big cage near Bermar's farm is a foolproof way to complete it, I didn't gather all of the clues during the hunt either, but I checked out the cage while doing the quest for the ghost of a fire mage and I was able to press Detlow into revealing his cards no problem. So I guess it actually works.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Yes, it's works the same as joining the mercenaries does, complete all of the quests for Garos and then wait for some time, then one of the araxos runners will tell you that Lorenzo has a message for you, go talk to Lorenzo and then Garos to become a hunter. Note that it's absolutely required for you to have bow proficiency of at least 30%, otherwise Garos will not accept you.
I'm playing as pure mage now, so I guess I will not get accepted. Hopefully it does not prevent me from progressing (no spoilers please, except for maybe a yes/no).

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
For the beast quest, I knew I should have reloaded and tried again. I found the potions, and several other clues but I think i did it in an odd order that broke the scripting for the real reveal.

No, Marvin doesn't get "AHA! So the beast is this and that!" in the forest. Your scripting was fine, you just didn't connect the dots as a player and didn't look further as the game hinted you to.
Ah, alright. Then you are correct - you can't reveal it in the forest, only later in the city. I misunderstood you.

Mauman

Learned
Holy shit....

Berter and the cannon in Haven

Getting people to believe that Saul SHOT HIMSELF WITH A FUCKING CANNON

Not to mention how the cannon sent you flying when you shot it.

I had a feeling this wasn't going to end well, but God damn was it hilarious.

edit - also (and this must be a bug), Larry (the guy that Ripper, well, ripped off) is now walking around in his undies. Kinda strange :P

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I finally started.

I'm now with Riordan to collect herbs in the wood, and he's one shotting everything with fire spells. I'm just collecting exp.

I already believed you guys, but this is Gothic through and through. Love it.

Last edited:

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
As a Gothic fan, this is a wonderfully done game. Better than G1/2/NotR and better than PB could ever do (a Gothic game). It has its hiccups but overall great.

agris

Arcane
Patron
who are the madmen who are taking the time to script cutscenes like this in the gothic2 engine?! or are they taking the assets and doing it in a more friendly engine environment?

Aconitum

Novice
who are the madmen who are taking the time to script cutscenes like this in the gothic2 engine?! or are they taking the assets and doing it in a more friendly engine environment?
It depends, the guy who made the Gomez W. Bush video does his work in Blender, but I'd say most people actually do their stuff in game.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Just in case someone don't know already - araxos trackers armor does not have clobuk/hat/cape/whatever on Garos head, you will see only standard Marvin's head. Don't be me and spend several levels of exp on learing 30 bow in hopes that you will have cool armor with clobuk. Thankfully my build isn't harmed by this, at least for now. :negative:

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Just in case someone don't know already - araxos trackers armor does not have clobuk/hat/cape/whatever on Garos head, you will see only standard Marvin's head. Don't be me and spend several levels of exp on learing 30 bow in hopes that you will have cool armor with clobuk. Thankfully my build isn't harmed by this, at least for now. :negative:
Maybe advance into the ranks nigger? There are at least 2 different armors for trackers.

Here is Marvin wearing hooded armor.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
Maybe advance into the ranks nigger? There are at least 2 different armors for trackers.

Here is Marvin wearing hooded armor.

Ah, so there indeed two armors and even higher rank for trackers...
I did some search about armors on different forums, but didn't find definitive anwer on this question. Thanks for clarifying.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom