Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Logic Artists shutting down after Expeditions Rome, will transition to NFT/blockchain development

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Well I missed this news last month because 99% of the time I ignore articles titled with "blockchain" or "NFT".

Logic Artists is no more. They will wind down the studio after releasing Expeditions: Rome, and Dynasty Studios, a new company for NFT games, will born from it. https://venturebeat.com/2021/12/21/...5m-to-take-traditional-games-into-blockchain/

It believes the company that succeeds in creating high-quality NFT games will lead to mass market adoption. Other mainstream game makers who are making NFT games include Ubisoft and Com2Us as well as seasoned game developers such as Will Wright, Peter Molyneux, Austin Grossman, and Graeme Devine.

Dynasty Studios originates from Logic Artists, a Denmark-based gaming studio founded in 2011. It has made games such as the Expeditions series of titles, and it is finishing up work on Expeditions: Rome, which will be published by THQ Nordic. After that, Logic Artists will wind down and its staff will join Dynasty Studios.

Logic Artists — whose leaders are now running Dynasty — specialized in tactical role-playing games for PCs and consoles. But in tandem with the rise of blockchain technology, the team has spent the past year on a vision of player-driven, on-chain economic strategies take shape to further enhance triple-A gameplay.

The company takes a “gamer first” approach, delivering rich gameplay experiences inside a universe of robust in-game economies, said Ali Emek, CEO of Dynasty Studios, in an interview with GamesBeat. He said Dynasty’s first title will be the upcoming massively multiplayer survival triple-A-quality game, codenamed HAN.

Emek said the company has hired many of the developers from Logic Artists to work on games, and it has also hired new people with cryptocurrency and blockchain expertise to round out the talent. The company has 45 people in studios in Copenhagen and Istanbul, Turkey.

Agesilaus

Antiquity Studio
Patron
Developer
Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
wen dynasty studio airdrop

I'm looking forward to Expeditions: Rome because of the theme and because Conquistador and Vikings were at least decent. Definitely going to wait for a sale, though.

Tigranes

Arcane
Well I missed this news last month because 99% of the time I ignore articles titled with "blockchain" or "NFT".

Logic Artists is no more. They will wind down the studio after releasing Expeditions: Rome, and Dynasty Studios, a new company for NFT games, will born from it. https://venturebeat.com/2021/12/21/...5m-to-take-traditional-games-into-blockchain/

It believes the company that succeeds in creating high-quality NFT games will lead to mass market adoption. Other mainstream game makers who are making NFT games include Ubisoft and Com2Us as well as seasoned game developers such as Will Wright, Peter Molyneux, Austin Grossman, and Graeme Devine.

Dynasty Studios originates from Logic Artists, a Denmark-based gaming studio founded in 2011. It has made games such as the Expeditions series of titles, and it is finishing up work on Expeditions: Rome, which will be published by THQ Nordic. After that, Logic Artists will wind down and its staff will join Dynasty Studios.

Logic Artists — whose leaders are now running Dynasty — specialized in tactical role-playing games for PCs and consoles. But in tandem with the rise of blockchain technology, the team has spent the past year on a vision of player-driven, on-chain economic strategies take shape to further enhance triple-A gameplay.

The company takes a “gamer first” approach, delivering rich gameplay experiences inside a universe of robust in-game economies, said Ali Emek, CEO of Dynasty Studios, in an interview with GamesBeat. He said Dynasty’s first title will be the upcoming massively multiplayer survival triple-A-quality game, codenamed HAN.

Emek said the company has hired many of the developers from Logic Artists to work on games, and it has also hired new people with cryptocurrency and blockchain expertise to round out the talent. The company has 45 people in studios in Copenhagen and Istanbul, Turkey.

roflmao

What a way to go, from promising game developer to smoking retarded scam bong joints

I guess we appreciate Rome as the swansong then

Shrimp

Arbiter

roflmao

What a way to go, from promising game developer to smoking retarded scam bong joints

I guess we appreciate Rome as the swansong then

This alongside

Notice that creative director Jonas Waever isn't mentioned in that article.

Yeah, a guy with over 10 years of MMO experience is listed as Creative Director of the new company.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/williampcookv/

Makes me wonder how much of the original (current?) Logic Artists crew that actually will move to new Dynasty Studios. The article makes it sound like it's hardly more than a renaming of the existing studio, but with new leadership positions being taken by outsiders it looks more like a forceful dissolution of Logic Artists.
What a way to go, I hope that at least Rome will end up being good so the studio can be said to have ended on a high note.

Dodo1610

Arcane
WTF 3 years ago they abandoned Divinity Fallen Heroes so they can work on the Expedition games and now they abandon that too to work on crypto scams.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Why would you possibly announce your crypto scam not even 24 hours before your newest game releases.
The article is one month old though; it's from the 21st December.
That's better but still hugely stupid. Should wait until after release before talking about it. There're enough people with a hateboner for NFTs that this can only negatively impact their upcoming game.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
After that, Logic Artists will wind down and its staff will join Dynasty Studios.Emek said the company has hired many of the developers from Logic Artists to work on games, and it has also hired new people with cryptocurrency and blockchain expertise to round out the talent.

Do we know for sure if its complete closure ? something about these particular phrases smells to me.

Berengar

Learned
Came in here to ask where I should start with this series of games. Was not expecting to find out this company has committed NFTppuku... what in the world? I had only heard good things about them around here.

Alphons

Cipher
Do we know for sure if its complete closure ? something about these particular phrases smells to me.

There're like 3 people left that work at LA and aren't currently listed at Dynasty on LinkedIn. Unless THQ has some plans to move some of it's other devs to LA, they're done.

As for the awful smell- NFTs.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Whales will keep it alive, and somehow, it will get worse, because it always does.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom