Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Logic Artists shutting down after Expeditions Rome, will transition to NFT/blockchain development

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It makes some sense that after selling the Expeditions IP to THQ Nordic they would choose to embark on a new path. What a path to go, though.

Last edited:

just

Liturgist
I hope NFT will be the thing that kills the industry.
doubt it
casuals will gobble it up. everyone hated microtransactions and shit and look at it now
in a few years it will be: it's just cosmetic nfts AND you earn money, lads
it's the future

Alphons

Cipher
One thing I'm not sure about- is it Logic Artists going "THQ bought the IP and the studio, we don't care, let's print some Chinese cash with multiplayer survival game with NFTs" or THQ deciding that "those Expeditions games don't sell that much, let's move the devs to print some Chinese cash with a multiplayer survival game with NFTs"?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
doubt it
casuals will gobble it up. everyone hated microtransactions and shit and look at it now
it's the future

The microtransaction and NFT economies are really based on the opposite of the obvious definition of "casuals". They're catered towards a minority of eccentric whales who are interested in "playing to earn" or "playing to contribute". Actual casuals just want to turn off their brains and relax.

One thing I'm not sure about- is it Logic Artists going "THQ bought the IP and the studio, we don't care, let's print some Chinese cash with multiplayer survival game with NFTs" or THQ deciding that "those Expeditions games don't sell that much, let's move the devs to print some Chinese cash with a multiplayer survival game with NFTs"?

THQ Nordic don't own them.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
NFT games?

The fuck is that?

Like, a simulator where you play a guy buying and selling NFTs? lol

More seriously, there's now a gaming genre based on a monetization scheme that sells you the proof of ownership of something rather than the thing itself?

koala.png

just

Liturgist
doubt it
it's the future

The micotransaction and NFT economies are really based on the opposite of the obvious definition of "casuals". They're catered towards a minority of eccentric whales who are interested in "playing to earn" or "playing to contribute". Actual casuals just want to turn off their brains and relax.
ea, ubisoft, fb and other big mofos arent jumping on the tech for few eccentric cryptofags(we're here now, thats true)
casuals wont know how it works, corps will present it so everyone will like it and of course make money of it

all part of a grand plan for the metaverse, metagame
one game to rule them all

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Oh right, I forget this is all connected to Facebook digital world META. They are probably all working together, expecting to sell weapons and shit to each other over META. Bit like UO ebay swords back in the day when I think about it :)

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
It makes some sense that after selling the Expeditions IP to THQ Nordic they would choose to embark on a new path. What a path to go, though.

There's going out in a blaze of glory and then there's this, going out like true clowns

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
This makes me wonder if all the devs out there think there's one WoW killer application with NFTs and the first one who stumbles on it will be mad rich, that's why they are all crazy over it

Trithne

Erudite
NFT games?

The fuck is that?

More seriously, there's now a gaming genre based on a monetization scheme that sells you the proof of ownership of something rather than the thing itself?

koala.png

There's already a successful example of what an "NFT Game" is: Roblox.

The point is to create "games" that are basically engines for people to make shit in, which they then sell, either trading digital items or access to content, while the company takes a cut of every transaction, giving them a huge source of passive income.

NFT/Crypto bros eat this idea up because they think they'll be able to make big bucks playing games, by either making things or by being able to sell their loot on a marketplace (Hey, remember Diablo 3?) - just look at this tweet from the other day:
p2earn.jpg

The difference between an NFT Game and Roblox would basically just be different graphics, and using the blockchain to verify transactions.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
NFT games?

The fuck is that?

koala.png

The point is to create "games" that are basically engines for people to make shit in, which they then sell, either trading digital items or access to content, while the company takes a cut of every transaction, giving them a huge source of passive income.

NFT/Crypto bros eat this idea up because they think they'll be able to make big bucks playing games, by either making things or by being able to sell their loot on a marketplace (Hey, remember Diablo 3?) - just look at this tweet from the other day:
p2earn.jpg

The difference between an NFT Game and Roblox would basically just be different graphics, and using the blockchain to verify transactions.

i mean so its basically combination of stuff like Steam and Unreal engine in one ? Construction tools and shop package in one ? One or two might catch on but too many are jumping on it.

Gumsmith

Educated
Damn, what the hell? This is not what I was expecting to see today.

He said Dynasty’s first title will be the upcoming massively multiplayer survival triple-A-quality game, codenamed HAN.
I'm sure this'll turn out great, I've no doubt about it.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
NFT games?

p2earn.jpg

LMAO, so this NFT shit is the latest attempt at universal basic income or something? Unemployed losers will now be able to subsist on playing games while never stepping out of their mom´s basement? Its shit like this that makes one think that the western civilization needs to collapse ASAP. We need to hit the reset button.

lightbane

Arcane
Welp, that's a sad news to hear. It should be on the front page if it isn't already.

One which has already been tainted by scandals of abusing the players and legit pedophilia. May or may not be related to the whole NFT scam.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
On a related note, I will begin selling limited edition Infinitron NFTs soon. Don't miss out!

Gotta figure out how NFTs work first tho.

1. Right click and save his avatar.
2. Pay eth to get it minted and listed on one of those NFT scam sites.
3. ????
4. PROFIT

Make sure you create different variations of his avatar to maximise profits.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom