Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

Tygrende

Arbiter
Just in case someone don't know already - araxos trackers armor does not have clobuk/hat/cape/whatever on Garos head, you will see only standard Marvin's head. Don't be me and spend several levels of exp on learing 30 bow in hopes that you will have cool armor with clobuk. Thankfully my build isn't harmed by this, at least for now. :negative:
You get the hooded armor in chapter 5.

Mauman

Learned
I must say, I'm really impressed with Rahma the Alchemist

She made the stupid dress armor SO bad that she somehow managed to flood the world

wMa0fNe.png

I'm still wrapping my mind around this one.

edit - I swam out of the house and the world fixed itself, so I didn't need to reload or anything. Still, what in the God damn FUCK :P

Tygrende

Arbiter
Does anyone know if gargoyle hearts can be bought/found anywhere? I shamelessly looked up that the best bow requires a few to make and I have learned zero trophy skills beyond basic skinning. I went through the entire game by buying/finding animals parts for my crafts and I will be damned if I spend even 1 LP on it this late.

Werdnicus

Learned
Does anyone know if gargoyle hearts can be bought/found anywhere? I shamelessly looked up that the best bow requires a few to make and I have learned zero trophy skills beyond basic skinning. I went through the entire game by buying/finding animals parts for my crafts and I will be damned if I spend even 1 LP on it this late.
IIRC the only gargoyles are in Vardhal

Mauman

Learned
I'd say just spend the bloody 1 lp.

Next round I'm taking EVERY hunt skill immediately. To the point I'm even going to get out of chapter one as fast as possible on my next playthrough so I can get the training from the city and Wolf's Den (which requires a trip to the city for the beer) ASAP. Even stuff that seems useless like bloodfly stingers and mandibles can get you free stat points later on.

Besides, given how many permanent stat potions/books are in this game, anything that can generate a profit is good. Well, except maybe pickpocket. I'm kinda on the fence on that one.

Tygrende

Arbiter
IIRC the only gargoyles are in Vardhal
Yeah that's what I assumed since I haven't seen any yet. Question is, does anyone sell the hearts and/or can you loot some instead of taking them from corpses? If not I will spend that 1 LP for taking hearts but dammit I was this close to not needing to.

I'd say just spend the bloody 1 lp.

Next round I'm taking EVERY hunt skill immediately. To the point I'm even going to get out of chapter one as fast as possible so I can get the stuff from the city and Wolf's Den (which requires a trip to the city for the beer) ASAP. Even stuff that seems useless like bloodfly stingers and mandibles can get you free stat points later on.

Besides, given how many permanent stat potions/books are in this game, anything that can generate a profit is good. Well, except maybe pickpocket. I'm kinda on the fence on that one.
I've seen people say pickpocketing is not worth it and I have to disagree, level 2 is a no-brainer unless you are playing pure mage with zero investment in DEX/STR. Investing just 10 LP into it is enough to steal the key for the Araxos warehouse, there's +3 STR and +3 DEX food inside. Even one of those foods more than makes up for the cost. You are going to reach 4 LP cost for sure in which case you get 12 LP worth of your primary stat. If you reach 5 LP cost which is likely, that's 15 LP worth. If you're playing a DEX/STR hybrid the net benefit is even greater.

It also easily pays for itself - you get the 1st level for free from a book while the other cost me 500 gold. I had to learn from the prostitute at the pirate camp, I think there may have been a cheaper trainer somewhere like Ivy but I picked it too late. I easily earned over 1000 give or take, probably more, not counting various items that I got in addition to just gold like pots etc. So in the end I earned 5 LP and some pocket change (pun very much intended).

Last edited:

Mauman

Learned
Yeah that's what I assumed since I haven't seen any yet. Question is, does anyone sell the hearts and/or can you loot some instead of taking them from corpses? If not I will spend that 1 LP for taking hearts but dammit I was this close to not needing to.

I've seen people say pickpocketing is not worth it and I have to disagree, level 2 is a no-brainer unless you are playing pure mage with zero investment in DEX/STR. Investing just 10 LP into it is enough to steal the key for the Araxos warehouse, there's +3 STR and +3 DEX food inside. Even one of those foods more than makes up for the cost. You are going to reach 4 LP cost for sure in which case you get 12 LP worth of your primary stat. If you reach 5 LP cost which is likely, that's 15 LP worth. If you're playing a DEX/STR hybrid the net benefit is even greater.

It also easily pays for itself - you get the 1st level for free from a book while the other cost me 500 gold. I had to learn from the prostitute at the pirate camp, I think there may have been a cheaper trainer somewhere like Ivy but I picked it too late. I easily earned over 1000 give or take, probably more, not counting various items that I got in addition to just gold like pots etc. So in the end I earned 5 LP and some pocket change (pun very much intended).

Ah....that makes sense. I never found the key. Who has it?

edit - oh, I have it. Where is the warehouse?

Mauman

Learned
The guild's armorer.

edit - it has 2 entrances, one in the main building and one outside near two travelling merchants.

Ah thanks, I went Militia so I failed to properly look around there.

Anyways, I still stand by my stance on hunting skills. In NOTR hunting skills were borderline useless, but considering just how much there is to use on money just about anything that can generate income is welcome this time around.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Any hints where I can use the sword/key I got from the guy collecting old coins in the city?

Alphons

Cipher

Martha also has an entire pot of her stew (Master Pickpocket) which gives 3 STR.

Any hints where I can use the sword/key I got from the guy collecting old coins in the city?

South Swamp, location on map in the spoiler.

2684191887-preview-archeologmapa.jpg

Mauman

Learned

Martha also has an entire pot of her stew (Master Pickpocket) which gives 3 STR.

That's....almost worth it. I wouldn't quite get an lp return on that, but it might be enough to warrant getting the skill anyways.

Also, I just ran into some weird guy outside of Sailor's haven....

Did I just get NPC quizzed by Nameless?! :P

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm pretty sure I managed to get a couple of other stat enhancers with master pickpocket.

It's borderline, but I suspect the LP cost is just about justified overall.

Mauman

Learned
Aw crap....I locked myself out of pickpocket master.

Borr won't teach militia and

Ivy is probably NOT my ally at this point

agris

Arcane
Patron
I think Gris, on the first floor of the Araxos guild building that houses Lorenzo, sells them.

Mauman

Learned
I think Gris, on the first floor of the Araxos guild building that houses Lorenzo, sells them.

I decided to check since I was right there raiding the warehouse when I saw this post.

No, he doesn't.

Tygrende

Arbiter
That's....almost worth it. I wouldn't quite get an lp return on that, but it might be enough to warrant getting the skill anyways.
It's 3 STR for 10 LP, that's definitely worth it if you're an STR build. Not really otherwise.

Mauman

Learned
So...is the Usurer guys Adi, Ignus, Makot, and Reg a reference to something? Or are they original?

I let them live. They were pretty cool and gave me an elixir of life for a measely 100 gp. That and they made me laugh a little.

Tygrende

Arbiter
So...is the Usurer guys Adi, Ignus, Makot, and Reg a reference to something? Or are they original?

I let them live. They were pretty cool and gave me an elixir of life for a measely 100 gp. That and they made me laugh a little.
Pretty sure it's a very loose reference to penguins of madagascar.

Mauman

Learned
Found an infinite xp exploit. Well, near infinite as it requires a tiny bit of gold.

minor spoilers so I'll tag it just in case.

So Ingolf, the Mage in the Water Monestary who sells you stuff (and shrunk you the rat bastard :argh:) has an infinite supply of blank spell runes due to the fact he interacts with the rune maker. Every time he uses it he gains a new one in his inventory if he has none (actually, he gets two I don't know why). These can then be traded into the City water mages for 250 xp a pop.

The runes themselves cost a laughable 50 gp per item. Net cost of 45 as you get 5 papers you can just sell right back if you want.

Only problem is the mage takes ALL of the runes of the same type. Normally this isn't an issue as you just drop the extras and give them one at a time. Blank runes are stackable so you'll have to put the extras in a nearby container. The nearby bookcase works well for this.

Honestly, it's not really worth it. By this point you should be God amongst mortals, and it's a bit tedious. But it's there if you're so inclined :D

Last edited:

Alphons

Cipher
Since we're talking about exploits.

Archolos has several characters buying certain items for premium price, but only a set amount of them. If you give them more than they want they pay you first, but then script kicks in and they give you back items you sold to them and take away the gold they gave you.

I discovered this exploit with Vicente (found a note saying that he'll buy wings), and just sold him around 200 wings (he needs 20). You can also duel him. After beating him I found all gold he took from me (around 3k), but also wings he gave back (I think script adds them to NPCs inventory, but doesn't remove them later).

There's 1 problem. So far only Vicente is the only character that buys items for premium price and can be beaten. Everyone else is invulnerable.

Mauman

Learned
Since we're talking about exploits.

Archolos has several characters buying certain items for premium price, but only a set amount of them. If you give them more than they want they pay you first, but then script kicks in and they give you back items you sold to them and take away the gold they gave you.

I discovered this exploit with Vicente (found a note saying that he'll buy wings), and just sold him around 200 wings (he needs 20). You can also duel him. After beating him I found all gold he took from me (around 3k), but also wings he gave back (I think script adds them to NPCs inventory, but doesn't remove them later).

There's 1 problem. So far only Vicente is the only character that buys items for premium price and can be beaten. Everyone else is invulnerable.

Yeah, I found that one too when I beat Vicente up for the pre-tournament quest (which is why he's not invulnerable). I think it's a one time deal though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom