Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children - isometric tactical Korean SRPG

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
My Sion isn't terribly accurate at either but he's got the chain attack and the lightning bolt so I pretty much only use his shooting attack when both of those are on cooldown or he can catch someone out in the open. Once he's got bonds with other party members he's even more deadly, since those can trigger him to use an attack but not put it on cooldown.

Zumbabul

Savant
Ok, I don't know what I did, but I bought a bunch of gear, swapped some masteries and Sion kills everything now, has enough HP and defense to take some hits without dying instantly, accuracy is still kind of a problem though. I would like him to be able to reliably snipe enemies behind cover with his beam.

Go to the armor shop and look for lvl 10 sneakers. Very often you can find sneakers that give +20% to hit. Once you reach lvl 25, you can craft lvl 25 purple bangle. Depending on roll, it is another approximately +20% hit. Almost all rings roll for accuracy. Pick one that gives you +10%. Also, give a try to the mastery 'One by one'. It gives +50% accuracy when Sion sees only 1 target. You can also buy concentration potions (+30%), but they are expensive in the early stages of the game.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
When you find the mastery that gives a free action point whenever you one-shot somebody, that's a good one to put on Sion too. When he does chain lightning at a crowd, he's pretty much guaranteed to kill at least one weak enemy so it gives him an extra attack to wipe out survivors.

Sjukob

Arcane
Go to the armor shop and look for lvl 10 sneakers. Very often you can find sneakers that give +20% to hit. Once you reach lvl 25, you can craft lvl 25 purple bangle. Depending on roll, it is another approximately +20% hit. Almost all rings roll for accuracy. Pick one that gives you +10%. Also, give a try to the mastery 'One by one'. It gives +50% accuracy when Sion sees only 1 target. You can also buy concentration potions (+30%), but they are expensive in the early stages of the game.
Yes, I've already bought all the gear I could at the moment. When I said that the accuracy was an issue, I meant that I can't reliably hit enemies sitting behind cover with his beam attack, although I would really like to.

Also, wtf do I do with Irene? I gave her forestallement and counter attack, so she kills things allright, but overall she feels like a discount Albus at the moment, with lower damage and lower defense. The masteries she's able to equip are really lacking, especially the offensive ones, but I've only just leveled her enough to be able to swap classes, so may be she'll finally get something cool.

Also, give a try to the mastery 'One by one'. It gives +50% accuracy when Sion sees only 1 target
Yeah, about that. Is there a way to see unit's field of view? I have to idea how to check whether somebody is eligible to trigger field of view related masteries.

There is a thing that I find annoying is that a lot of maps are so cramped that it's almost pointless to try and take out enemy groups individually. If you aggro just one the entire map comes after you, missions where maps are big enough and enemy groups are actually seperated from one another are rare exceptions.

Also, why do Sharky and Jason have plot armor, despite getting beaten up several times previously, but Scott gets grinded into dust almost as soon as he shows up?

Zumbabul

Savant
Yes, I've already bought all the gear I could at the moment. When I said that the accuracy was an issue, I meant that I can't reliably hit enemies sitting behind cover with his beam attack, although I would really like to.

If you bought all the accuracy gear, and you still don't have enough accuracy, then you probably should consider using his fall attack instead of a beam attack. Fall attacks ignore cover and smokescreen.

Also, wtf do I do with Irene? I gave her forestallement and counter attack, so she kills things allright, but overall she feels like a discount Albus at the moment, with lower damage and lower defense. The masteries she's able to equip are really lacking, especially the offensive ones, but I've only just leveled her enough to be able to swap classes, so may be she'll finally get something cool.

That sounds like the words of a villain. On a serious note, usually, people have a completely opposite impression. In the early game, Irene is super strong in hero mode as a martial artist. If you stack enough dodge, and use cover and bushes, enemies will have almost zero chance to hit you. To deal damage don't use her basic attacks, use her fire attacks. If you want to make her tanky, stack 100% block. Fighter has a set Gatekeeper, it will provide you around 30% block. Plus martial artist and fighter have a lot of masteries that boost block.

To make a durable frontline in this game, it is vital to have 100% block and stun immunity. If you block a hit, it cannot crit. So if you stack 100%, you will not get critted. And since crit multipliers are huge in this game, you need to be crit immune. While you are stunned, you cannot dodge or block. Therefore you receive a lot of damage. To prevent stun use 'massiveness' or 'veteran'.

So, you want your Irene to have 100% block and 'massiveness'/'veterean'. Later on, you will probably want to add a martial artist set that reduces block damage ('Movement on silence').

Yeah, about that. Is there a way to see unit's field of view? I have to idea how to check whether somebody is eligible to trigger field of view related masteries.

Press 'V'. The white counter will mark your vision.

There is a thing that I find annoying is that a lot of maps are so cramped that it's almost pointless to try and take out enemy groups individually. If you aggro just one the entire map comes after you, missions where maps are big enough and enemy groups are actually seperated from one another are rare exceptions.

If you want to kill groups one by one, you need to ensure that they will die before they make a turn. Otherwise, enjoy the slugfest.

Also, why do Sharky and Jason have plot armor, despite getting beaten up several times previously, but Scott gets grinded into dust almost as soon as he shows up?

By default, your team doesn't kill enemies, it 'puts them out of action' or 'arrest'. Then due to corruption, the villains are bailed out of jail. Some characters do die due to the story's reasons. Later in the game, in one of the scenes, there is a hint of what happened to Scott.

hello friend

Arcane
Irene is incredibly strong if you build around leaving her off on her own in hero mode, but I have a soft spot for that overcharge attack that just keeps attacking until the target is dead. Not quite as useful, but so so satisfying against tough targets.

RunningWolf

Learned
18 Magneta Street is kicking my ass on high difficulty. Not even the impulse field guys since those are easy with fire support from bonded characters, but its endless full autos that kill off characters even through 80+% block. Don't have second heart, phoenix or one shot one kill yet. Playing with no losses.

Zumbabul

Savant
18 Magneta Street is kicking my ass on high difficulty. Not even the impulse field guys since those are easy with fire support from bonded characters, but its endless full autos that kill off characters even through 80+% block. Don't have second heart, phoenix or one shot one kill yet. Playing with no losses.

This is the moment when the game takes its gloves off and the real game begins. In this mission, you are not supposed to kill everyone (although with smartass tactics you can). To win the mission, you need to activate all three squads and rescue at least one policeman.

RunningWolf

Learned
To win the mission, you need to activate all three squads and rescue at least one policeman.
Yeah i know, but my OCD demands me to loot everything and kill everyone. Im kinda lacking in masteries, and its a good place to farm them for crafting, with those huge waves of enemies from the north.

Zumbabul

Savant
To win the mission, you need to activate all three squads and rescue at least one policeman.
Yeah i know, but my OCD demands me to loot everything and kill everyone. Im kinda lacking in masteries, and its a good place to farm them for crafting, with those huge waves of enemies from the north.

It is possible to kill everyone even with 'Limit growth' (at level 18). You need to rescue the group to the north first and then kill Kevin. After that, you basically won the mission.

RunningWolf

Learned
You need to rescue the group to the north first and then kill Kevin.
That's the plan. The problem is if you get any character out of position he gets bent over with 10 consecutive full autos. Most success i had is by having northern wave come onto me while i fry them with Sion aoe and bonded Irene finishers for impulse guys. Then i got too ahead with Albus and he got RNG'd. Sion is slow however. And Anne Witch almost useless so far since i cant even craft most of her class masteries and most of my team heals on kill except Albus.

Sjukob

Arcane
That sounds like the words of a villain. On a serious note, usually, people have a completely opposite impression. In the early game, Irene is super strong in hero mode as a martial artist. If you stack enough dodge, and use cover and bushes, enemies will have almost zero chance to hit you. To deal damage don't use her basic attacks, use her fire attacks. If you want to make her tanky, stack 100% block. Fighter has a set Gatekeeper, it will provide you around 30% block. Plus martial artist and fighter have a lot of masteries that boost block.

To make a durable frontline in this game, it is vital to have 100% block and stun immunity. If you block a hit, it cannot crit. So if you stack 100%, you will not get critted. And since crit multipliers are huge in this game, you need to be crit immune. While you are stunned, you cannot dodge or block. Therefore you receive a lot of damage. To prevent stun use 'massiveness' or 'veteran'.

So, you want your Irene to have 100% block and 'massiveness'/'veterean'. Later on, you will probably want to add a martial artist set that reduces block damage ('Movement on silence').
The problem is that I can not equip her with good masteries yet, either because I don't have them or because she can't put them on due to class restrictions. Meanwhile Albus and Sion don't have this problem. But I've just finished leveling Irene's baseline class and about to turn her into martial artist, may be it will get better from now on.

Irene is incredibly strong if you build around leaving her off on her own in hero mode, but I have a soft spot for that overcharge attack that just keeps attacking until the target is dead. Not quite as useful, but so so satisfying against tough targets.
I strongly dislike the idea of letting somebody stray far away from the team.

By the way, the more I play the more I like Albus and Sion, I think that their classes are very well thought out. At the moment I prefer Albus to stay as a sword master, because of a higher block and dodge chances, If I remember correctly my Albus has something like 70% block and 45% dodge and that's even before various field of view and proc related stuff, like chance to win, begin to trigger. I imagine that magic knight is more of a late game choice with his vampirism, vigor draining and buff on kills stuff.

I've just recruited Anne and it got me thinking about damage in this game. It's going to degenerate into "who's going to be the first to one shot somebody?!" shit later on, right? The amount of damage dealt in this game is generally high, but I can already see that with all of the additional attacks that get triggered off turns and crazy crit multiplies, which makes it easy for everyone to one shot one another, the game might easily turn into "get hit once and die". As an example, during the jigsaw mission you can fight Marco while playing Carter and that fight is completely one dimensional, you pop up hatred and attemp to one shot him, but if he hits Carter then it's an almost guaranteed one shot as well. So if you want your characters to survive you need to ensure that enemies are unable to hit them at all. And I'm thinking, do you even need healers in this game?

Last edited:

Sjukob

Arcane
Also, will I get somebody who can AOE purge buffs from enemies, can Anne do that? Can I get at least something that removes fire veil?

I am reaching the point where using developers of the game as the mine sweeping devices seems like an amusing idea to me.

TheSoul

Scholar
Also, will I get somebody who can AOE purge buffs from enemies, can Anne do that? Can I get at least something that removes fire veil?

I am reaching the point where using developers of the game as the mine sweeping devices seems like an amusing idea to me.

The girl with the pink jacket (Ray) can remove buffs if you choose that for her personal mastery. You don't get her until level 30ish. There's also the witch class, but that requires certain mastery sets.

Fire veil stops being a problem if you get veteran so you stop getting pushed around and stunned. Even if you get burned, Anne can remove debuffs off your party.

Lhynn

Arcane
I've just recruited Anne and it got me thinking about damage in this game. It's going to degenerate into "who's going to be the first to one shot somebody?!" shit later on, right? The amount of damage dealt in this game is generally high, but I can already see that with all of the additional attacks that get triggered off turns and crazy crit multiplies, which makes it easy for everyone to one shot one another, the game might easily turn into "get hit once and die". As an example, during the jigsaw mission you can fight Marco while playing Carter and that fight is completely one dimensional, you pop up hatred and attemp to one shot him, but if he hits Carter then it's an almost guaranteed one shot as well. So if you want your characters to survive you need to ensure that enemies are unable to hit them at all. And I'm thinking, do you even need healers in this game?

Short answer is, you need whatever you build your party to need. If you want to make everyone into glass canon you can. But generally speaking you can build good tanks that will rarely if ever go down, no need for auto revivals or other crap. Though the threat of oneshots will always exist if you make your vanguard advance too fearlessly. Generally speaking if your melee character is behind cover, he isnt going down for a few turns at least. And if the enemy is a heavy hitting asshole, you will have enough time to prepare. Enemy wont just show up and kill your vanguard.

Anne in particular is not just a healer, can fill many roles depending on what you want from her, but always remember. Every single one of your characters is a piece of the puzzle, and generally speaking you cant replace one with another, playing a different character means altering how you play the game.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I give Anne equipment to boost her move distance because I try to hold her back in reserve and have her dash in to heal whoever is in trouble. At least as far as I've gotten so far (level 40) usually I've only got one person on any given turn who needs healing. If she's fast then I can have her between two squads and come in to heal whoever got hit bad.

Zumbabul

Savant
And Anne Witch almost useless so far since i cant even craft most of her class masteries and most of my team heals on kill except Albus.

I assume that you lack 'Luck' mastery. It is probably better to return to 15v and farm Nevil (start from north and go to south) or repeat some of the quests that involve grey yashas (spiders).

Zumbabul

Savant

Yes, witch Anne can do this. She has a mastery that removes all buffs on hit. Maybe it even works on grenades.

Sjukob

Arcane
I've just turned Irene into a tank that heavily neuters enemy melee units.

bandicam-2022-01-22-23-21-47-691.png

bandicam-2022-01-22-23-27-02-844.png

The guy got his turn delayed by over 250 AT due to shedding, counterattacks and spoonage related stuff, get fucked.
bandicam-2022-01-22-23-18-43-905.png

Sjukob

Arcane
I'm looking at witch Anne right now... Holy shit is she busted.

Purges buffs, burns vigor, applies hard and soft CC that reduces dodge and block chances, all of this is AOE with 1 turn cooldown and she gets to keep her healing abilities on top of that, dear Lord.

Sjukob

Arcane
So I've recruited Heixing and done some other stuff on the way.
  1. That Ryo guy is hilariously strong, there's a mission where you have a chance to fight Marco and Luna while controlling him, I oblitirated them both with little effort on my first attempt. I took Ryo down (thanks Sion) in the first mission where he appears, took some casualties, but got a nice sword for Albus;
  2. Wtf was that magenta streets mission with hundreds of white tigers? Albus got one shot by an enraged guy with an axe, the same thing happened to Anne, Sion was AOEing crowds down pretty nicely until Kevin, or whatever his name is, appeared and one shot him too, I won the mission though, only Irene left standing, because for some reason enemies didn't like targetting her, I managed to rescue like 6 cops in total. How many enemies appear in that mission, I think there's literally a hundred of them, do they spawn infinitely or something?
  3. White tigers are certainly tougher than anything that you fight before encountering them. I've read quite a lot of complaints about their gunners on the internet, but I personally find that their axe weilding dudes are way, way scarier;
  4. I am finding myself starved for masteries. A lot of interesting stuff requires me to have masteries that I don't even know where to obtain yet, stuff like: veteran, tough spirit, superiority, muscle burst and others. I think I can't equip like 40% or more of class specific masteries, simply because I don't have the prerequisites to craft them. It's especially bad with Heixing, since he has just joined and I can't complete any class specific mastery sets for him.
Also, I am really starting to dislike itemization in this game. RNG on top of RNG, it's just plain tiresome.

Last edited:

Zumbabul

Savant
Wtf was that magenta streets mission with hundreds of white tigers? Albus got one shot by an enraged guy with an axe, the same thing happened to Anne, Sion was AOEing crowds down pretty nicely until Kevin, or whatever his name is, appeared and one shot him too, I won the mission though, only Irene left standing, because for some reason enemies didn't like targetting her, I managed to rescue like 6 cops in total. How many enemies appear in that mission, I think there's literally a hundred of them, do they spawn infinitely or something?

The number of enemies is finite. You can kill all of them and rescue everyone. Although, this is not easy.

I am finding myself starved for masteries. A lot of interesting stuff requires me to have masteries that I don't even know where to obtain yet, stuff like: veteran, tough spirit, superiority, muscle burst and others. I think I can't equip like 40% or more of class specific masteries, simply because I don't have the prerequisites to craft them. It's especially bad with Heixing, since he has just joined and I can't complete any class specific mastery sets for him.

Some of the masteries are gated. You cannot get them before you reach a certain point in the story. This is probably done to not allow you to have some powerful masteries too early. There is a steam guide about where to get masteries:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1971619284

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
So I've recruited Heixing and done some other stuff on the way.
  1. That Ryo guy is hilariously strong, there's a mission where you have a chance to fight Marco and Luna while controlling him, I oblitirated them both with little effort on my first attempt. I took Ryo down (thanks Sion) in the first mission where he appears, took some casualties, but got a nice sword for Albus;
  2. Wtf was that magenta streets mission with hundreds of white tigers? Albus got one shot by an enraged guy with an axe, the same thing happened to Anne, Sion was AOEing crowds down pretty nicely until Kevin, or whatever his name is, appeared and one shot him too, I won the mission though, only Irene left standing, because for some reason enemies didn't like targetting her, I managed to rescue like 6 cops in total. How many enemies appear in that mission, I think there's literally a hundred of them, do they spawn infinitely or something?
  3. White tigers are certainly tougher than anything that you fight before encountering them. I've read quite a lot of complaints about their gunners on the internet, but I personally find that their axe weilding dudes are way, way scarier;
  4. I am finding myself starved for masteries. A lot of interesting stuff requires me to have masteries that I don't even know where to obtain yet, stuff like: veteran, tough spirit, superiority, muscle burst and others. I think I can't equip like 40% or more of class specific masteries, simply because I don't have the prerequisites to craft them. It's especially bad with Heixing, since he has just joined and I can't complete any class specific mastery sets for him.
Also, I am really starting to dislike itemization in this game. RNG on top of RNG, it's just plain tiresome.

There's the mastery guide Zumbabul linked to above, but if you want to do it old skool style, as you defeat mobs your knowledge of them in the bestiary increases, including what masteries they drop.

You should really do the first violent case a few times to get a solid base of masteries, since the mobs and bosses in that have all the masteries up to that point. Also the very first normal mission, the one in the plaza in the rain (if you do it in the retrospective missions doer thingy) is very quick and always has a good helping of basic masteries. It's good to build up some basic stuff as you can transmute masteries into any masteries you might want to try, but don't currently have, so long as they're not among the still-gated masteries, via research (note that there are two methods of making masteries, the top button which splits the mastery up finely into components, and the middle button which is a quick version if you've already researched the mastery.

Quite often (especially if you have a good bunch of basic masteries) you can build up masteries you want but don't have from masteries you have but don't yet need (e.g. several copies of animal masteries, which you won't need till later), or from masteries that you have more than one of (but always keep one of every mastery just for safety - i.e. don't go hog wild trying to create a mastery you don't have by using up all the ones you do have, it's tempting to do, but you'll usually regret it). The autofill is quite good, but sometimes it'll "waste" things you don't want to use up at that point, so it's always worth quickly checking what the autofill gives you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom