Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Who is behind the NFT in gaming push?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
You guys are just as slow and tiresome as the NFT bros.

Talking about yourself in the third person is kind of iffy

Riskbreaker

Such is the situation of late capitalism that commodity fetishism is no longer a term of critique but is rather recognized and affirmed in its obscene nakedness. Earlier capitalism's prostitute is late capitalism's simulacrum thereof into which the consoomer ceaselessly ejaculates.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Scans of the book those twats tried to destroy and artificially scarcify is available for public viewing in it's entirety here.

In case you don't want to go through Google to look at them, a collection of the images is also available for download here.

NFT's are nothing but another means of hoarding baubles to display on your figurative mantelpiece, and away from all of the filthy masses. Better it be restricted to Shitmonkey Pics than something of actual artistic value.

Drop Duck

Learned
You guys are just as slow and tiresome as the NFT bros.
Talking about yourself in the third person is kind of iffy
Since you are very slow I will spell it out for you. This is what I was making fun of you both over, you have this NFT Chad living in your heads and you would much rather talk to him than to me. Grunker just talked past me so I gave him what he wanted, a monkey png salesman instead of someone thinking about the future of commerce. You have to resort to kindergarten level zingers about intelligence since in your minds it's football team NFT versus anti-NFT, no nuance allowed, thinking is inadvisable. Have an MS Paint comic that pwns you I guess, since that's what you want and understand.
Better it be restricted to Shitmonkey Pics than something of actual artistic value.
Sooner or later it will happen mate. It's only a question of time.

Out if touch companies think le gamer wants to own an one of a kind flame sword in his favorite online game, when actually le gamer runs away from the idea because that's either a huge magnet for hackers, it will be nerfed to oblivion so nobody complains, or it's simply detrimental because you want everyone in the group to have the badass sword so you can all kill the boss faster.

edit: The one benefit it would have for the average player (selling your mtx items) will likely not materialize because 1) it would create a middleman and 2) if you are banned for whatever reason and are thinking of at least selling your stuff, your unique associated items will become "tainted" and nobody will want them no matter how legit the attached string of numbers looks.

Last edited:

0wca

Learned
Here's a funny story on how crypto bros spent $3 million buying what they thought were the copyrights for a book about Jodorowsky's Dune, but they only bought a very expensive book apparently

https://www.theartnewspaper.com/2022/01/17/nft-group-shamed-jodorowsky-dune-book-copyright

"...they intended to splice and sell as NFTs before burning the physical copy."

Anyone who burns books is an absolute piece of shit. That pissed me off more than the rest of this NFT horseshit.

Who is behind the NFT in gaming push?

IqfziOq.png

toughasnails

I have already made thousands of dollars on NFTs you Danish troll cunt. Cry harder.

An2x4y6.png
The right one is Jack Murphy and the left one is a member of his Liminal Order?

Anyway, please tell me more about how Elon Musk and cryptocurrencies are going to save the West...

mondblut

Arcane
NFT's are nothing but another means of hoarding baubles to display on your figurative mantelpiece, and away from all of the filthy masses.

So far NFTs are more akin to marriage certificate with a whore. Everyone can boast of fucking her, but only you get to state that you are her husband.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Also, this YT video talks about the Square Enix announcement regarding NFTs earlier this month:

At 11:05, he makes the following observations for why this happening and for which I do mostly agree with:

*NFTs are another form of microtransactions
*The decreasing value of the dollar (due to inflation/excessive money printing)
*$60 standard price is not enough anymore to offset cost of making AAA games (related to the second point above)

The USD and other fiat currencies in general seem to be on their last legs.

And you could definitely argue that this has been in the works by the global elites for awhile now, aka the "Great Reset"...

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
Half of major developers deciding overnight to back experimental monkey picture technology does not happen organically.

It's all about

:takemymoney:
What money? Ubisoft made like $400

They think there's a lot of money in it, that's why

Maybe, but I think it's less about them actually believing this is the next big thing and more them being ruinously afraid they will miss the development train into the next big thing
FOMO for developers
I need to spend some time thinking on this.
Short term: Sell multiple copies of the same DLC to whales because they have "exclusive ownership" or "different serial numbers".

Long term: Back door to reintroduce gambling profits.
"It's not gambling, it's an investment!"

J1M

Arcane
The two don't relate at all. NFTs aren't selling you ownership of anything even remotely valuable
There does not need to be any inherent value, all it takes is widespread adoption. Speculation makes people rich all the time but there doesn't need to be any real basis for it. Since video game companies are getting invested in NFTs either as a scam or in fear of missing out on a boom they give them value. Your paper bills also aren't more valuable than toilet paper when it comes down to it. Sooner or later digital ownership will be made more centralized and standardized, NFTs might be the ticket or it might not be.
Things might start to get real interesting once the metaverse is up and running in earnest and it's not so easy to tell the digital apart from the physical anymore.

:nocountryforshitposters:
Do you still pay in cash when you're out shopping? I'm not talking about 3D waifus like in the new Blade Runner movie but the digital economy merging with the physical one.
Money has value because the government agrees to accept it for taxes, which you pay to stay out of jail. The government doesn't accept NFTs to pay property taxes.

Alphons

Cipher
The answer is in plain sight, they love to mock people by hiding it in their logos and signs.

bayc-footer.png

518jx-Pc0-Bc-L-AC.jpg

By supporting NFTs you fund a second Holocaust !!

Drop Duck

Learned
Money has value because the government agrees to accept it for taxes, which you pay to stay out of jail. The government doesn't accept NFTs to pay property taxes.
The government has little to do with it in the case of NFTs, it's private corporations as well as the emerging market that will guarantee their value once widely used.
Anyway, please tell me more about how Elon Musk and cryptocurrencies are going to save the West...
Why do you insist on putting words in my mouth? I never said it was going to save anything or that monkey PNGs were going to rise in value, I said new forms of digital ownership will inevitably make it big in the future.
The right one is Jack Murphy and the left one is a member of his Liminal Order?
No, it's a very accurate self-portrait and if the implication is that we all look the same to you then go die in a ditch.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
new forms of digital ownership will inevitably make it big in the future

If you think that scarcity will be introduced back into the digital world, I have a bridge to sell to you. That horse was killed long ago and all you do is beating its corpse.

Once something is digital, you can own it, but you can't limit its spread. If you haven't learned that yet you're a moron.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom