Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Rome - the final Expeditions game from Logic Artists

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I will never stop fapping to female warriors. You can't force me to respect your writing and not turn it into fetish fuel. The more of them you include, the harder I cum. What now? Um?
I remember back when I de-niggerfied Paradox's Rome game with a mod, some fat neckbeard started freaking out in the comments, saying that Romans were historically dark skinned.

I looked on his steam and he was shilling books he'd written on Amazon. They were fetish books about big black jungle women having sex with white men.

They already fetishize this shit.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
lmao, I found it:
8wFfDYm.jpg

https://archive.is/wh0zg

https://archive.is/kcVK4
"Brandon Pilcher is a fantasy writer and artist who lives in Fallbrook, CA. His passions include dinosaurs, ancient history, anthropology, and sexy African warrior heroines."

Last edited:

Ryzer

Prophet
Vatnik
What bothers is that they made it political and not historically accurate. For instance, women were never or extremely rarely accepted as warriors, so those female warriors don't make sense. Secondly, there was a black population in Rome but make it proportionally accurate according to the data scientists gathered through research. Otherwise it makes no sense and tend to piss people off.

Codex Year of the Donut
honestly i find it kind of funny that people still complain about stuff like stronk soldier womyn when the previous two games in the series had the same thing

if you were expecting anything else you are deluded
"noooo stop expecting games advertised as historical to be historical!!!!"

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
"I cannot wait to see what Logic Artists do next" :D

Based on tutorial combat / character customization might be decent enough. Story and companions Im not expecting too much.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Replaying this game right now, aiming for a peaceful ending this time. I've noticed that poisoned arrows poison their target even if they're blocked by a shield. I wonder if it's intended behaviour.

This very same ability is in Rome, and it functions in that exact same way. Romans really were superior people, with their molotov cocktails and napalm arrows.

jf8350143

Liturgist
I like that when you change your skin tone the portraits changes with it as well.

However if you choose a darker skin tone the game changes your portrait to be a black person and there is no way to change the skin tone of the portait only. And some of the portraits become hilarious because it's realyl poorly made and instead of a person it looks like someone wearing another person's face skin.

jf8350143

Liturgist
So if you play as a female character, the game acknowledge the fact that you are not suppose to be a solider but the leader of the army still gives you the task because he knows your father and knows that he trained you to be a solider.

Not a really good justification but it's better than simlply ignore it completely.

Wondering how big a role your gender will play in the game, should be pretty big, considering one of you companions straight up has a "sexist: hates you treat the oppsite gender as equals" trait.

Larianshill

Arbiter
I have a feeling the game is broken. There is a number of cases where you're supposed to send praetorians on a task, but the game won't let you. One of them is necessary to progress the main quest. How did that get past the QA? Steam forums indicate that I'm not the only one having this issue.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I have a feeling the game is broken. There is a number of cases where you're supposed to send praetorians on a task, but the game won't let you. One of them is necessary to progress the main quest. How did that get past the QA? Steam forums indicate that I'm not the only one having this issue.
R u playing a modern RPG on launch? Should've waited a year for the game to not be patched since the studio has been disbanded.

randir14

Augur
I will never stop fapping to female warriors. You can't force me to respect your writing and not turn it into fetish fuel. The more of them you include, the harder I cum. What now? Um?
I remember back when I de-niggerfied Paradox's Rome game with a mod, some fat neckbeard started freaking out in the comments, saying that Romans were historically dark skinned.

I looked on his steam and he was shilling books he'd written on Amazon. They were fetish books about big black jungle women having sex with white men.

They already fetishize this shit.
There's a few of those people on the Steam forum, acting as if black Africans were a common sight all across ancient Rome. Reminds me of the idiots who wanted black NPCs in Kingdom Come Deliverance.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
honestly i find it kind of funny that people still complain about stuff like stronk soldier womyn when the previous two games in the series had the same thing

rather stop expecting games from people who never made really historical games to be historical but whatever gives you more reasons to screech

Codex Year of the Donut

rather stop expecting games from people who never made really historical games to be historical but whatever gives you more reasons to screech
eat that shit and don't complain, consoomer

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
are you also going to stomp your foot and declare a very determined statement that you will not be buying the new bethesda game because it doesnt feature turn-based combat

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Reminds me of the idiots who wanted black NPCs in Kingdom Come Deliverance.

Ah, brings back memories of this to-this-day-unsurpassed Eurogamer masterpiece:

"We know of African kings in Constantinople on pilgrimage to Spain; we know of black Moors in Spain; we know of extensive travel of Jews from the courts of Cordoba and Damascus; we also know of black people in large cities in Germany," the historian, Sean Miller, tells me. Czech cities Olomouc and Prague were on the famous Silk Road which facilitated the trade of goods all over the world. If you plot a line between them, it runs directly through the area recreated in Kingdom Come. "You just can't know nobody got sick and stayed a longer time," he says. "What if a group of black Africans came through and stayed at an inn and someone got pregnant? Even one night is enough for a pregnancy."

Moors in Spain, Prague on a Silk Road, one night is enough for pregnancy.

Currentday Western historians dropping them truth bombs.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If you look at the game'a portrait gallery, other than procedurally generated praetorians, Bestia Tabat is the only major black African character in the game.

Darth Canoli

Arcane

Vikings shield-maidens existed so I didn't mind.
Expeditions was indeed retarded, women soldiers in Spain or Portugal never existed, not that any country had any back then.

Still, when expedition was released, I had no idea the woke movement and the cancel culture ever existed, I thought; or maybe it was sold this way; it was about women gamers, making games women friendly and all.
Now, black women Centurions or higher in the Roman army, well, that's a clear agenda, is it not?

But it's not exactly triggering for me, I just don't care about the game anymore.

Still, talking about it is still on the menu and the more paying customers they lose, the better so the next ones will think twice about doing the same.
If you buy that shit, you're sending the message that you're allowing the cancel culture to do everything they want with history and they will not stop at video games.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

"Mang that new Bioware RPG is really trash"

"Stop screeching bigot, can't expect someone who's never made a good RPG to make a good RPG, :eyeroll:"

Vikings shield-maidens existed so I didn't mind.

They exist in legends, much like the Amazons or Jesus. Whether or not those legends are based on actual reality is another matter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom