Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[Play-by-Post] Tales from Fourtower Bridge

vazha

Arcane
Stop stealing my kills, short people! )))

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
The Colonel swung his short sword at Black Fur, but misses because ... well ... the leader is already knocked out.

Mardrey silently crawled through the bushes, attempting to stay hidden. She focused the bandit that was swinging his sword at Mumbles and uttered that hiss again while extending her hands. Another puff of toxic gas emerged towards the thug. The bandit saw the gas coming from the bush. "They is someone in the bushes," he screamed, before the gas enveloped him and choked the life out of him.

"Drop yer weapons, ye damned er.. rope-scullions or die with the rest!" Nortar yelled at Bandit 5. The archer, seeing that he had no hope of beating the group, dropped his bow, got on his knees and raised his hands. "Please, don't kill me," he wailed.

COMBAT IS OVER

+------------------+

Everyone gets 100XP for killing the five bandits.
The party pilfers through the camp and found 5 gold pieces, 25 silver pieces, and 100 cooper pieces, as well as several weapons, including long swords, shields, bows and loose arrows/bolts. None of these weapons are better than what you're already equipped with; though, Kilur could take the bolts to restock his ammunition supply.

The party also searched through Black Fur and found a note as well as some jewelry on him, likely tokens from his previous highway robberies.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Will secure Black Fur. Hogtie the asshole so he can't run away. Probably break a leg so he can't go far, but that's if he wakes up.

Is literacy a thing or can we read the note as it is?

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
"Now that was some scramble, ho-ho!" - the dorf was extremely excited. - "How are ye holding up, lads, lass?"

While looting the bandits, Kilur inspected their wrists for the Sun mark, and then dragged all the corpses aside, so they would not be an eyesore.

Still, under the effects of the adrenaline rush, the dwarf just could not sit tight. So he volunteered to go and bring the horses to the camp.

I hope he'll be back by the time both survivors are tied up and the note is found.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Will secure Black Fur. Hogtie the asshole so he can't run away. Probably break a leg so he can't go far, but that's if he wakes up.

He is currently knocked the fuck out. You clocked him good.

Is literacy a thing or can we read the note as it is?

Everyone can read.

But I was targeting bandit 5...
Oh, shit. That's what you meant by "mambo number five." I interpreted as you going ham. That's my bad.

PSA: Please be as clear as possible when targeting so I don't repeat this mistake.

Yes. You may take the shield. It's a regular wooden shield. You get the AC bonus for equipping a sword/shield to your character.

This is what I have in terms of health for everyone:

Brytter -- 7/16
Colonel -- 9/12
Mardrey -- 11/11
Kilur -- 10/10
Mumbles -- 7/11

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mardrey crawled out from the bushes, plucking some leaves and some insects from her hair. She breathed heavily, this was the first time she was involved in such a large scale fight. She sended a prayer to Mother, thanking her for saving all her her companions. While she picked up her spear she eyed the group - some of Mardrey's companion seemed to be well bruised. Especially The muscular human seemed to be more heavily injured.

She walked up to Brytter, saying "Y-You look w-wounded. Let Mother ease your pain." Silently she asked Mother to use her as a vessel for Mother's restorative powers. Then, with a sound that's like the wind whispering through the leaves of a tree, she put her hand on Brytter's chest.
A gust of energy flows into Brytter's body, causing some of his wounds to close.

NZhBWrj.png

Mardrey looked a bit sceptical. "W-Well you are still bleeding but I h-hope this will make it a bit better. I think I didn't b-believe in Mother strong enough to do more!"

I can also roll medicine to look at the other guy's wounds but I have no idea how exactly medicine works and if it's even used to heal HP. GM, your call :)

vazha

Arcane
The halfling woman's well-intentioned efforts were lost on the bard, who paid no heed to his bleeding shoulder - it would heal quickly enough, and more importantly, would leave a lovely scar. Something to impress the orc ladies with, if he ever ended up back in the Northern Mountains.

Instead, he grabbed the bandit archer by the ear, dragging him closer.

"I suggest you start talkin rite now, mistah thug man. Afore your pimp yon there wakes up and provides some unwanted com-petition on who gets to stay alive."

p.s. ROLL INTIMIDASHUN?

Last edited:

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
No need. The other people are dealing with varying slices and gashes. If the injuries were more extreme or if they were stricken with a mysterious disease, I'd have you roll medicine.

Yes. Roll intimidation.

vazha

Arcane
Glorious seven / or 11 if I am rolling with advantage. Damn it all.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
A red mist falls over the colonel. Eyes full of rage, intent on murdering the bandits some more, he continues hacking away at one of the bandit's corpses with all the energy he can muster.

"You little SHITS. This is for my mother! And for my house! And Koudos the stable boy! Little Moe with the gimpy leg! And everyone else you've taken from me!"

Every blow cakes a fresh layer of blood onto his face until not a trace of skin is left.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
A red mist falls over the colonel. Eyes full of rage, intent on murdering the bandits some more, he continues hacking away at one of the bandit's corpses with all the energy he can muster.

"You little SHITS. This is for my mother! And for my house! And Koudos the stable boy! Little Moe with the gimpy leg! And everyone else you've taken from me!"

Every blow cakes a fresh layer of blood onto his face until not a trace of skin is left.
I hope you don't mind my attempting to restrain you.
Brytter puts his might to use in pinning the crazed man down.
Screenshots_2022-01-20-23-23-52.png

Then to the surviving bandit
"Start talking and we will keep this madman away from you! But the Gods help you if he gets to you first."

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Mumbles' attempt to intimate the archer was in vain. The guy was already fearful for his life.

"You little SHITS," the Colonel bellowed. "This is for my mother! And for my house! And Koudos the stable boy! Little Moe with the gimpy leg! And everyone else you've taken from me!"

Everyone turned to the man, watching him beat his weapon into a corpse. Every blow cakes a fresh layer of blood onto his face until not a trace of skin is left.

The Colonel's gritted his teeth and gave a deafening yell. Brytter tried to tackle the crazed man but could only push him a few yards from the corpse. Tension filled the air.

Brytter looked back at the archer.

"Start talking and we will keep this madman away from you," he yelled. "But the Gods help you if he gets to you first."

The archer started hyperventilating.

"What... do... you... want... to... know...?" he said, between deep breaths.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
"What is 11 times 17!!!" - Mumbles snarled, producing his notebook.
"9 scores and 7. And as for you, you were looking for us, weren't you? Why so? Who told you to look for us?" The more pertinent questions to the archer.

vazha

Arcane
Mumbles hears about wrist-checking, diligently checks one on a bandit Colonel turned into a meaty pulp and announces: "Ohhh no. This un has got no pulse. Nada. He ded!"

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Mumbles hears about wrist-checking, diligently checks one on a bandit Colonel turned into a meaty pulp and announces: "Ohhh no. This un has got no pulse. Nada. He ded!"

"And ye could tell that just by touching his hand, eh? Well, I'll be..." - Killur's ever-squinted left eye enlarged in surprise so it became even larger then the right one. Dorf shook his head in respect. - "Better give me a hand.. Bah, not his bloody hand!! I mean say if ye see any of those brotherhood stars on them. Like our good lads Rein-hold and Death-mound had on their wrists."

vazha

Arcane
Mumbles discovers a large tattoo on the hand he is holding. It says, in peculiar runescript: "NE ZABUDU MAT RODNUIU"

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Did Kilur find any Brotherhood marks on the bandits?
Do I need to roll Perception for checking their wrists?
No roll needed.

+--------------------------------------------------+

"What is 11 times 17!" Mumbles bellowed at the frightened archer.

"I...I... don't know," the archer said, fear and confusion warping his face. "Just let me go. You can take everything. I won't tell a soul what happened. You will never see me again. I have a lady back home. I was forced into this band against my will!"

Brytter put a shoulder on Mumbles arm. He stared down at the archer.

"9 scores and 7," he said soothingly. "And, as for you… You were looking for us, weren't you? Why so? Who told you to look for us?"

"I'm not privy to the planning," he said, nodding at Black Fur's unconscious body, "He received the tips. He told me this would be my second to last job before he can let me go. I… can't remember exactly who told him about you. All I know is we had to be on the lookout for a caravan possibly loaded with goods. We camped here, along the only road to Brookhaven, and waited. Then, you two appeared."

As Brytter and Mumbles conversed with the archer, Kilur and Mardrey searched around the camp, once again turning over the corpses. He inspected the wrists for Brotherhood markings and didn't find any.

The Colonel glared at the bodies as he tried to simmer down after his explosive outburst.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
"Can your animal friend tell us if there is another caravan on the road behind us? Somehow I doubt we were the ones they were tipped off about."
While he waited for the small woman to give answer and send her friends a-spying, Brytter turned his attention to the note they had retrieved from Black Fur. Now was as good a time as any to read its contents.

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mardrey shook her head while looking down with a sad face.

"I-I can barely hear Mother's whisper anymore. I would need to commune with her again first before I can use her powers once more."

I'm out of spells (aside cantrips) until we do a long rest I fear :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom