Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Erebus

Arcane
There is nothing of interest lost if you don't play the game. :smug:

I know, and in fact, I haven't touched the game since October of last year. But sooner or later, I'll probably get the dumb idea to give it yet another chance. So I'd like to lessen my suffering by not having to play a mini-game that's very similar to what HoMM 3 would have been like had it been made by a team of especially retarded apes.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'll probably get the dumb idea to give it yet another chance.
Well, don't? You're a reasonable, rational adult; surely you can act according to your level of intelligence and not play something you do not want to play.

On a complete tangent: I would suggest anyone to check Haplo on Reddit. I am just checking this https://old.reddit.com/user/haplok/ once or twice per week. For some reason he manages to uncover really hilarious threads like the most recent whine about Playful Darkness.

I know that this is off topic, but anyway.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Is anything of interest lost by putting the crusade stuff on automatic ?
Yes afaik. You miss out on some of the mythic path stuff (I hear that stuff like lich just won't be able to progress their mythic quest), and you can't do the secret ending. I'm guessing it means you also never get any teleport circles anywhere, so you need to walk the overworld map more.

Just get a mage general and cast scorching ray on everything.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Act IV reminiscence.

I wanted to guide my party through the Abyss very considerately, being an Azata and all, constantly being reminded by my companions how carefull I must be. I haven't even started to understand how to plan the Nocticula audience the best way, when I was forced to free my dragon from the Slave Trader. One thing led to another, I was suddenly forced to massacre one third of Alushynirra O.o What a fight, my party already weary and almost out of spells, suddenly facing 5 Thanademons, 6 semi-bosses, and countless other mid-high demons and demon guards. Good thing I've bought all the mass heal scrolls just a moment before. And even then, I've finished the fight in a last-man-standing fashion. Phew, what a thrill. I don't know what is going to happen in other parts of the town now.

This is an unfathomably good piece of constructing on the Owlcat side. There are apparently many ways how to get through to Nocticula. For a playthrough as a chaotic-good character, this unforeseen mayhem resulting in a (wink wink) fewer-demons-scenario is a gamegasm.

Edit: Then again, "considerate" and an Azata... erm... okay :D

Last edited:

Humbaba

Arcane
Is there any in-lore reason why Ember is the size of a grown woman or is it just a case of the devs not bothering giving her a slightly shorter model?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Is there any in-lore reason why Ember is the size of a grown woman or is it just a case of the devs not bothering giving her a slightly shorter model?
Ember is 109. She was born the same year when Worldwound was opened.
Elves are considered adults around 110.

Technically, there is no reason for her to be noticeably shorter than a full-grown adult. And elves are almost head taller than a humans in Pathfinder.

Humbaba

Arcane
UH OH REACTIVITY ALARM

When you're about to ambush the dragon in Greybor's quest as a Gorum enjoyer you get the option to go "THIS ONE'S FOR YOU GORUM!", which results in you getting a buff called Gorum's Blessing that enlarges you, gives you loads of temporary HP and I think gives you perma rage and a bunch of other stuff, the buff itself has no description of what it does. Makes the fight trivial at any rate.

Also when you get the fang of malice and talk to Ciar, you get an additional religion check to tell him that there's no way you're destroying Gorum's relic.

Ember is 109. She was born the same year when Worldwound was opened.
Elves are considered adults around 110.

Technically, there is no reason for her to be noticeably shorter than a full-grown adult. And elves are almost head taller than a humans in Pathfinder.
I see. But if she's only one year short of being an adult then why does she act like child still? She's not retarded is she??

Daidre

Arcane
I see. But if she's only one year short of being an adult then why does she act like child still? She's not retarded is she??
Not retarded (as a condition one born with) but she totally nuts after being burned at the stake.
Game even tell this directly with Staunton comment:

Staunton chuckles sadly. There is a shadow of tenderness in his stern voice. "Heh, girl... I should have followed your example dozens of years ago and found shelter in blissful madness. Maybe a feeble-minded beggar with no name and no memory would've been happier than the condemned traitor Staunton Vhane. But now it's too late for that too."

So yeah, Ember not really a child per se, but more like a late teen with a crippling mental illness.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Not retarded (as a condition one born with) but she totally nuts after being burned at the stake.

Staunton chuckles sadly. There is a shadow of tenderness in his stern voice. "Heh, girl... I should have followed your example dozens of years ago and found shelter in blissful madness. Maybe a feeble-minded beggar with no name and no memory would've been happier than the condemned traitor Staunton Vhane. But now it's too late for that too."

So yeah, Ember not really a child per se, but more like a late teen with a crippling mental illness.

Things she say and do are more sensible, deep, logical than things 99% grown-ups and "normal" people say and do in their lives.
She is character with deepest philosophy, total enlightment out there.

p.s.
Because you do not understand Ember, maybe it is you who have problems. But not her, this is for sure. Ember is symbol of being sane and human being.

Last edited:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

What exactly you found retarded?
Converting demons to good side, which was never done before and was thought to be impossible?*
Or making cultists join your side too? Someone even main character cant do, he can kill cultists, but not make them allies and fight for him.

*Yes, Aru was convered by Desna, but Desna is powerful goddess.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I haven't noticed the game mentioning that Ember should be so profoundly forgiving, goodness-preaching and all as a result of the trauma. Is it mentioned? Wasn't she like this all the time actually? I can imagine, how this would stress the shit out of an ordinary medieval soldier to the point of wanting her burning.

Last edited:

Humbaba

Arcane

No, people call her nuts because of her uncomprisingly forgiving attitude, which extends to literal demons. There's no reference of her being actually insane or being normal prior to her burning. I wouldn't even know of a mental illness that causes you to be nice.

What exactly you found retarded?
Converting demons to good side, which was never done before and was thought to be impossible?*
Or making cultists join your side too? Someone even main character cant do, he can kill cultists, but not make them allies and fight for him.

*Yes, Aru was convered by Desna, but Desna is powerful goddess.
You're reading too much into things. I was just wondering about her childlike behaviour when she is supposed to be a young adult age wise.

True enlightenment is indistinguishable from madness. IRL as well.
True, despite being an in-universe atheist she is abrahamic af.

Ember romance when?
A Cease and Desist order from 'muricans if Ember romance.
"Your honor, she may look like a child but she is actually over 100 years old."

Daidre

Arcane
There's no reference of her being actually insane or being normal prior to her burning.
I have already gave you one reference where she is called insane in clinical sence and here is the second, from the "Narrator":
The mob loves a wretch, a feeble-minded, hysterical, starry-eyed preacher — when one of these unfortunates stands on a corner and begins their sermon, a crowd will immediately gather.
Come on, this girl is not wearing any shoes and does not remember her own name, despite being around 40yo when Hulrun tried to burn her during the Third Crusade. She may be very, very special - but she is not sane with any stretch of definition.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom