Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Starwars

Arcane
I rather enjoyed that about Judy's romance to be honest. You definitely see, when you go through her questline, that she's a unstable, immature person with a lot of issues. You get the feeling that a relationship with her wouldn't work in the long term. And, at least in the ending that I got, that turned out to be true. It felt believable, the way it ended up.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I did the romance with River. It felt really gay. He's still the most likeable partner. Judy and Panam are pretty females, but both are emotional assholes. One could argue that the women are more suitable as a short time partner in a roleplay setting considering V's circumstances.
Thanks to River, I got to see myself through the eyes of women I've been trying to date as a student. Boy, it was instructive, but not a pretty sight. :lol:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I rather enjoyed that about Judy's romance to be honest. You definitely see, when you go through her questline, that she's a unstable, immature person with a lot of issues. You get the feeling that a relationship with her wouldn't work in the long term. And, at least in the ending that I got, that turned out to be true. It felt believable, the way it ended up.
On the other hand, you can totally imagine a player like Evelyn giving her the emotional rollercoaster ride that she needed.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
I pushed through the voodoo quest. This time taking every opportunity to be an asshole to them I could and fucking JOHNNY of all people chastises me for being an asshole. Not cool, CDPR, not cool :decline:

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Just played through the moment in this game that resonated the most with me and it was still as great as I remembered it. Jumping back up for Goro just feels right. It's not an option in a dialogue, but instead an action. An action you take during a combat situation. Goro is also the best character. He's as principled as Johnny is, but he's not an asshole about it. He's also not romanceable, so you keep that boundary of respect for him.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
Yeah, the pipe smoke even cock-blocks you. But you can still just run up the stairs afaik. It feels way more intense with the charged jump augment for legs.

Speaking of which: holy shit, the epic variant of that is so much worse. I don't think it can even properly save you from falling from great hights.

Just played the Grimes quest and holy shit is she bad. It's like she can't open her mouth properly while talking. She sounds so much worse than the rest of the voice actors. Good thing they kept her quest short.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Thanks to River, I got to see myself through the eyes of women I've been trying to date as a student. Boy, it was instructive, but not a pretty sight.
Best part is when you decline him on the water tower: V goes from being lovey dovey romantic to an angry emoshunal exploshun completely out of the blue, as if River just tried to rape her in a dark alley. I fully expected her to kick him off the tower too, couldn't stop laughing because it felt sooo out of place. Sorry.

On the other hand, going through with it once (and closing your eyes to avoid becoming gaaaaaaay), was totally worth it a little just to piss Johnny off. :hahano:

But yeah, none of the romances are build to last, but that's fitting for the scenario.
Panam is a pushy control freak only the biggest betacuck could endure for longer than a month. Normal people would have of strangled her before that.
Judy is crazy jealous psycho stalker (just read Maeko's emails) who runs away the moment you are out of town, because running away fixes everything amirite?
River is... a guy living in a trailer park with his sister and their her son. Sweeeeeet home Alabama... nopenopenope, hard pass.
No idea about Kerry, couldn't hack him into a pussy lover. But him only seeing Johnny in you makes him the male Rogue. Not gonna work.

The only lasting thing about them is all those "Panam is the best" players believing she is the eternal waifu because they can "tame" her. :hahano:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
so many codexers are having coming out thanks to river

That would be if they played male characters, surely? If you play a male and interact with River that's a homosexual relationship, so people who were coming out of the closet would be admitting to being turned on by that homosexual relationship.

A male playing a female character really isn't that big of a deal. Occasionally it's difficult because you really don't have a clue how a female would react to x (given that her gender at that point would have some influence on the story). But men and women are similar enough, and understandable enough by each other for the most part, that people can play genders not their own ok.

Plus, the old saw about having an female arse on screen being preferable to having a male arse on screen 90% of the time, is nevertheless quite true. It's also fun playing dressup on female paper dolls.

I dunno, I sort of play male and female characters as the whim takes me - both have good sides and bad sides. (The female has the shapely form, yes, but it's also easier to think up appropriate responses if you're male.)

Fargus

Arcane
Should land any minute now. Meanwhile you can go back to starting at your female character's ass in a first person game lmao

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
I did the romance with Judy. Was hot. She has many points in my book now:

- shows ability to learn through mistakes by admitting the revolution at Clouds did nothing
- actually tries by taking you out on a spectacular date
- shows genuine care for you during the conversation about the generator
- shows trust by linking up during date and giving you the keys to her home after sex
- has depth

I would put her as the #1 choice now. Fem V has the better voice actor anyway. River is a likeable guy, but he's still a guy. And while he's not ugly, he is no gigachad. Only 2nd place for him.
This solidifies Panam as the absolute trash tier of romance options for me. That bitch made me run out into a sand storm to fix the generator, like I'm some fucking simp. Fuck her ass. Her arc reminds me of a 13y-old that runs away from a great family because dad "just didn't understaaaaand" only to crawl back when she realizes how hard life is. I met Kerry too and even though he is gay, he's not a faggot. Kerry is actually funny and somewhat mature.

AwesomeButton

Patron
This solidifies Panam as the absolute trash tier of romance options for me. That bitch made me run out into a sand storm to fix the generator, like I'm some fucking simp. Fuck her ass. Her arc reminds me of a 13y-old that runs away from a great family because dad "just didn't understaaaaand" only to crawl back when she realizes how hard life is. I met Kerry too and even though he is gay, he's not a faggot. Kerry is actually funny and somewhat mature.
Why do you think people were simping for Viconia back in the day. Panam is the choice for wide eyed teens.

Fargus

Arcane
What are the choices for male character?

1. Panam
2. Oh shit i'm sorry (aka gay option)
3. Kingcomrade

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
This thread is something. Reminds me of reading bioware forums back in the day :D
A good opportunity for administration to swoop in and cleanse Codex from biodrone filth by banning everyone who seriously discussing romances with bunch of scripted pixels.
I mean, they don't have any real AI nor branching dialogue ffs.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
Use mod to romance Judy as male

same definitely prefer judy as male

462e8a74c21c146b394b2fb3484b730f6a907a83_1280.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom