Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vampire Survivors: best $3 ever spent

Got this + DLC for 4 euros and change yesterday. Played a bit, seemed fun. Figured gonna grind a bit just until I have enough for +1 projectiles powerup and that's gonna be enough for the day. Ended up playing until 4 am and maxing out almost all powerups. Already almost 13 hours played, this game is a pretty strong drug.

Last edited:

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS YOU COCKSUCJING DEGENERATES

NOW IM PLAYING THIS PEAXENOF SHIT

FUCKING STUPIDNADDICTIVE

Gumsmith

Educated
Seeing this game and its copy cats always reminds me of those videos and essays talking about developers trying to make video games into digital crack instead of creating something good.

Gumsmith

Educated
A game by trannies for trannies. Makes perfect sense.

But why in the name of all that is holy are codexers enjoying this shit to the point of having multiple threads about it? It's not even a game! It plays itself. You just move the dude around a flat square, everything else happens automatically and every once in a while the screen flashes and you get some incremental reward. It's a fucking lootbox with extra steps is what it is.

Disgraceful. :argh::argh::argh:
It's carefully designed to hack your brain into finding it rewarding, like a lootbox!

Not surprising some have fallen into its spell, even lab rats would enjoy it if they could operate the controls.

Curratum

For a bunch of people who supposedly understand games and enjoy builds and mechanics and figuring out interactions, the amount of stupidity here is staggering.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
Curratum, once I got a couple of upgrades that you unlock after the initial hour or two, I didn't see a single game over except for the mandatory one past the 30 minutes. It's fucking popamole, stop defending shit. I swear some guys get the industry they deserve when they praise mobile-tier shit to heavens.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Curratum, once I got a couple of upgrades that you unlock after the initial hour or two, I didn't see a single game over except for the mandatory one past the 30 minutes. It's fucking popamole, stop defending shit. I swear some guys get the industry they deserve when they praise mobile-tier shit to heavens.
Wow, that means you're like really good at this game. Should play it in a pro league, my dude! Respect!

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
The gameplay is even more basic than bullet hell. Everything is automated so you don't even have to think. Perfect for Cuckratum. Someone called this barely a game, and he was right. It plays itself with the only input from humans being arrow keys.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
You just move the dude around a flat square, everything else happens automatically and every once in a while the screen flashes and you get some incremental reward.

It's just dopamine milking. This "game" is made for the lowliest of the low.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Seeing this game and its copy cats always reminds me of those videos and essays talking about developers trying to make video games into digital crack instead of creating something good.
Are you Gunsmith the Crysis guy?

Gumsmith

Educated
Are you Gunsmith the Crysis guy?
No, I've never heard of him.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom