Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Rome - the final Expeditions game from Logic Artists

Mauman

Learned
:philosoraptor:

And that's why you support expeditions: conquistadors throwing 50% females at the player, on top of this, the traits narrowing your choice, you're just fucked if you don't pick any.

I don't even care if your handful is real or a fantasy, both ways just close the argument in my favor, cheers.

Wow....

It's almost, but not entirely, unlike I actually said that?

Of course the "female soldiers" bit was MASSIVELY overblown (with special mention to the female lieutenant villain on the starter island).

I just said that the female conquistadors have a basis in reality. It's the shield maidens that don't.

Anyways, I'm not getting this game. I actually want history to be reflected correctly in my historical rpgs, and this time they went too far with the liberties.

edit - also, as an aside, you probably still need to burn all of your history/science books. Seriously.

Last edited:
I just said that the female conquistadors have a basis in reality. It's the shield maidens that don't.
Game does have ghosts anon! It does!
D0u7Wnq.jpg

Larianshill

Arbiter
the available dudes are obviously random, but the selections in those pics are full on hopw roewur ne, holy shit
Not this one at least. Since it's the same one already posted on this thread.
Ph1IrS4.jpg

It's even labeled as SPECIAL RECRUIT that will NEVER GO AWAY and can't dismiss him. Infact think I accidentally already recruited him once and gave him the boot only for him appear recruitable again which wont happen with any other guy so far! :D

Fake edit: If you hire and dismiss someone, they all appear as special recruits. :o Welp, that would have been too funny.

3joLTYh.png

Codex Year of the Donut
character building is way too simple, I don't find gear very interesting(but I do find the abilities it provides interesting)
you find a bunch of ULTRA RARE PROMO EXCLOOSIVE NFT weapons and they're not that much better than a bog standard weapon

they traded quality for quantity expecting you to maintain a larger set of characters
tacticool game

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
It seems like difficulty has been improved since the demo, I've gone from acing pretty much all fights easily in the demo on Insane difficulty to struggling a little bit, and I think my build is pretty sub-par as I'm struggling to beat the Archelaus fight coming from the docks. Can't kill the enemies fast enough before the reinforcements and Archelaus can take out 1-2 party members per turn if he get close. Have to shred 7 armor to even damage him and Syneros (the only party member with armor shred) can get one hit in before he gets KO'd in a single turn.

I started as a Sagittarius but the damage is piss poor. Might start again as a Veles or Triarchus.

Codex Year of the Donut
It seems like difficulty has been improved since the demo, I've gone from acing pretty much all fights easily in the demo to struggling a little bit, and I think my build is pretty sub-par as I'm struggling to beat the Archelaus fight coming from the docks. Can't kill the enemies fast enough before the reinforcements and Archelaus can take out 1-2 party members per turn if he get close. Have to shred 7 armor to even damage him and Syneros (the only party member with armor shred) can get one hit in before he gets KO'd in a single turn.
you're supposed to use the pilums placed around the area to shred his armor afaik

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Oh I didn't realize they shredded armor, I thought they just disabled shields. I'll give that a go.

edit: yep that was easy lol!

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
is there a mod to skip the shit pacification missions yet?

actually, nvm, not even enjoying the game anymore

Last edited:

Larianshill

Arbiter
Starting one of the phases of the siege with 1 HP heroes is fun, especially considering I have to replay the whole siege to get out of this unwinnable mess.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
It seems like difficulty has been improved since the demo, I've gone from acing pretty much all fights easily in the demo on Insane difficulty to struggling a little bit, and I think my build is pretty sub-par as I'm struggling to beat the Archelaus fight coming from the docks. Can't kill the enemies fast enough before the reinforcements and Archelaus can take out 1-2 party members per turn if he get close. Have to shred 7 armor to even damage him and Syneros (the only party member with armor shred) can get one hit in before he gets KO'd in a single turn.

I started as a Sagittarius but the damage is piss poor. Might start again as a Veles or Triarchus.

The key to defeating enemy leaders like Archealus (there are lots of guys like that in various story-line and pacification missions) is damage over time. Fire works best (torches, greek fire, fire arrows - those can set on fire even if they do 0 damage due to armor), but bleeding and poison do the job too (though they are relatively more difficult to use). Ideally you manage to put some DoT effect on an enemy leader and then keep retreating from him, though in practice you will usually have to tank him for a few turns before he goes down. Armor shred works best on hoplites and other heavy infantry that have both shield and usually one or two bars of armor, removing armor from enemy leaders (who tend to have like six bars or so) is not effective approach (unless you bring like 3 triary who gang up on them while someone tanks).

Last edited:

just

Liturgist
god i hate this color coded items i wish this shit was never invented
and the difference between the best and the worst one is 3 dmg

Sensuki

Arcane
The key to defeating enemy leaders like Archealus (there are lots of guys like that in various story-line and pacification missions) is damage over time. Fire works best (torches, greek fire, fire arrows - those can set on fire even if they do 0 damage due to armor), but bleeding and poison do the job too (though they are relatively more difficult to use). Ideally you manage to put some DoT effect on an enemy leader and then keep retreating from him, though in practice you will usually have to tank him for a few turns before he goes down. Armor shred works best on hoplites and other heavy infantry that have both shield and usually one or two bars of armor, removing armor from enemy leaders (who tend to have like six bars or so) is not effective approach (unless you bring like 3 triary who gang up on them while someone tanks).

Yeah Pilums and Fire Arrows from close-ish range did the trick. Threw the pilums from close to max range and he got one hit off before I dumped him on the next turn (no one died).

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
If you hire and dismiss someone, they all appear as special recruits. :o Welp, that would have been too funny.
I guess the only way to permanently get rid of a praetorian is to let them get injured and then just leave them untreated until they die.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The more i see in this thread the more i think about deleting the installation file and ignoring this thread.

By the way how did they sold ?

Shrimp

Arbiter
The more i see in this thread the more i think about deleting the installation file and ignoring this thread.

By the way how did they sold ?
4bygch.png

at least 2 times better than vikings if you believe the data
Surprised to see that Viking's all time peak is that low tbh
I was under the impression it was more well known than that. I guess it just hadn't made itself noticed at its launch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom