Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Solasta: Crown of the Magister Thread - now with Palace of Ice sequel DLC

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
In my first run I've found 2 amuletts of health (set CON to 19) and even a cloak of displacement (attackers have disadvantage) which is an incredibly useful item. Second time I never looted anything like that, but got a lot of useless crap like gauntlets of sparkles etc.
So yeah, a lot of that loot seems random.

vazha

Arcane
In my first run I've found 2 amuletts of health (set CON to 19) and even a cloak of displacement (attackers have disadvantage) which is an incredibly useful item. Second time I never looted anything like that, but got a lot of useless crap like gauntlets of sparkles etc.
You went through it twice? gee, I envy your patience.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
And, I mean, look at these dudes:

monk1.png
monk2.png
monk3.png

Look at them!

I looked at them.

The first one make me wonder if an angel seduced a Capuchin monkey. Then we have a pair of frog people. The teddy bear looks grumpy, constipated perhaps.
Grippli were more impressively illustrated in adventure module I11 Needle:

wmilge.png

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
And, I mean, look at these dudes:

monk1.png
monk2.png
monk3.png

Look at them!

I looked at them.

The first one make me wonder if an angel seduced a Capuchin monkey. Then we have a pair of frog people. The teddy bear looks grumpy, constipated perhaps.
Grippli were more impressively illustrated in adventure module I11 Needle:

wmilge.png

IT'S A TOTALLY OTHER THING NYAH

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Grung

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Grippli

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Why am I killing goblins all the time when I could be disembodying frog abominations, is there any game that features these fiends ?
Agari_Tlamatini.jpg

Does the amphibian fiend hold a noble starfish captive ? Split it in half already.

Yes. It confers him great power and it would do so for you, were you to take it from him.
That sounds fishy. I am not tricked that easily.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

You doing 2 runs of this game?

Just why?

Blutwurstritter

Learned
That sounds fishy. I am not tricked that easily.

Nonsense friend, to prove my goodwill I will happily keep safe any and all valuables you posses while you venture out to confront the amphibian menace, lest they weigh you down and the jungle swallow them up. You can trust me. I'm a trustworthy person.

I accept your good will and will put my trust in you. You shall keep watch over my invaluable treasures while I annihilate the fearsome foes. I shall absolutely with no doubt come back with rewards worthy of your generous act. But if the gods forsake me and my life must be sacrificed to stop the starfish empowered menace, let everyone know that I hereby bequeath my valuables to you. Keep it in remembrance of me and brandish yourself in its glory.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Live action re-enactment of the party fighting off Razan and his bitches

"Durance, are you a faithless preacher or a mean motherfucking servant of Arun?"

Conversation at Tactical Adventures HQ in Paris, sometime in 2020:

"Wait, didn't we already use vampires in the previous location?"

"Yeah, but it's fucking vampires, man!"

"Fuck it, let's do it."

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm sure that video is restricted only because there are strippers in it, not because of the comical over the top gore. Btw, Salma Hayek is looking extremely breedable in that movie, if you don't mind me saying.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm pretty sure it's a holdover from very old by this point PnP manuals that envisioned the Forgotten Realms as some ancient time within our own world, much like Hyboria (Conan's setting) and Middle-earth.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Why do they refer to a creatures in past tense?
They still exist do they?
My goto explanation is that wiki writers are autistic 'spergs.

I'm pretty sure it's a holdover from very old by this point PnP manuals that envisioned the Forgotten Realms as some ancient time within our own world, much like Hyboria (Conan's setting) and Middle-earth.

Could it be either of these tbh.
From my experience larger often game related wikis tend to have a certain group of users that strictly impose certain restrictions and rules on how articles should be written. Some of the examples I remember seeing include always referring to things in past tense, always writing instructions in third person, being consistent about using British/American spelling across the entire site and so on.
I don't think managing these things is for me but I can at least appreciate the effort that goes into ensuring there's a certain level of consistency across all the different pages.

I could be wrong, but I owned AD&D 1st edition and 2nd edition monster manuals, fiend folio etc and began playing in 1980 and I don't recall the monsters being written about in past tense, I guess it would be easy enough to look up these older books in PDG format if I was such a lazy fuck

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom