Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire + DLC Thread - now with turn-based combat!

Codex Year of the Donut
don't be mad at me because I'm not a hipster

You are worse than a hipster. You are, and may Allah forgive me for uttering this word, a normie.
You guys are like those coomers who have become completely desensitized and have to think of more insane ways to get off until they're at the point where the only way they can get their rocks off is by shoving hamsters up their anus.

Blutwurstritter

Learned
don't be mad at me because I'm not a hipster
Nobody is mad at you, rustolindo.

You're the one who throws a hissy fit every time someone mentions that he likes IWD.
I'm just pointing out that you guys are hipsters for liking an IE game that has only combat
and it's true
IWD (especially the first one) got a really good plot and some well written characters. Just because it doesn't have massive lore dumps, woke companions and endless walls of texts doesn't mean it "has only combat". I would still pick IWD over like 80% of modern "RPGs".
Well written characters is probably the last thing I'd associate with IWD. Although its speaks volume about the low quality of writing we got nowadays if people start to praise the almost non existing writing of IWD when all it does is not standing out as particularly bad.

like all IE games, it's shit

Yeah, doesn't sound contrarian at all.

Last edited:

Lambach

Arcane

"Why was BG2 sub-par" how is this relevant, lulz? It could be the most piece of shit game in existence, yet many people love it and consider it good. It even has a small degree of mainstream recognition, having the same opinion as all those people is literally the exact opposite of being contrarian. Unless you don't know what that word means and think "contrarian" = someone who likes shit.

Codex Year of the Donut

"Why was BG2 sub-par" how is this relevant, lulz? It could be the most piece of shit game in existence, yet many people love it and consider it good. It even has a small degree of mainstream recognition, having the same opinion as all those people is literally the exact opposite of being contrarian. Unless you don't know what that word means and think "contrarian" = someone who likes shit.
most people don't even know what a bg2 is, grandpa

Codex Year of the Donut
most people don't even know what a bg2 is, grandpa

OK, then I guess liking Skyrim is also contrarian because the vast majority of Earth's 8 billion inhabitants never heard of it. Don't even get me started on Fallout 76, that even a smaller portion of the world knows about.
most of those inhabitants aren't human you dip, they're bugpeople

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
this is like watching two snakes bite their own tails to defeat the other snake

Think so? I thought it looked more like this.

naughty-statues-huta-stupidity-head-up-their-ass-people.jpeg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The islands can be unimpressive but that's taking it way too far lol. If only Mass Effect had unique locations and items on each planet

Codex Year of the Donut
The islands can be unimpressive but that's taking it way too far lol. If only Mass Effect had unique locations and items on each planet
The planet exploration more than made up for it. Deadfire islands have a tiny, one room cave/dungeon and there's no exploration to speak of because you just move a pog around on a flat empty map.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Not really. In Deadfire I at least got a unique encounter, perhaps a unique item, each time I reached an island. Not great, but better than driving around an entirely empty space to find the next mobile game I'd already done 19 million times

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Though I suppose this discussion might speak to who you are. You criticize the IE-games and you're the only person I ever met who defended ME-exploration. Are you 25? ME your first RPG? Not your fault then

Codex Year of the Donut
Though I suppose this discussion might speak to who you are. You criticize the IE-games and you're the only person I ever met who defended ME-exploration. Are you 25? ME your first RPG? Not your fault then
I'm sorry I don't find pogs on a boring empty rock interesting and instead prefer to drive an all terrain vehicle around on an alien planet.
I guess I just don't have the particular kind of autism that thinks this is interesting exploration
image.png

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I don't find them interesting either, they're very underwhelming like I said. But they're overwith quickly and usually have a unique encounter. On the flip side, I didn't know solving BRAIN GAMES from TOTALLY LEGIT STUDIOS on the iStore after driving around an empty void for a few minutes and then repeating that 700 times was a wondrous alien planet experience(tm)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom