Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Guess they gonna cut first person camera in dialogues then?

695319404_393.jpg

695319529_845.jpg

695319537_935.jpg
Dear patron of all that is RPG, don't let them stall upon these Oblivion faces update 2.0 :(

I wonder if they've changed the attributes to actually do something in this one.
It was already confirmed that attributes provide small bonuses for different stuff in this game.
That was so lazy again tbh.
They changed em from doing absolutely nothing to being insignificant.
Weapon jumps from 20 to 40 damage and you get 3 bonus damage from attributes.
I still believe you'll be able to get some fun by going turbo autistic min-maxing the hell outta of them, but we will have to wait to see it.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder if they've changed the attributes to actually do something in this one.
It was already confirmed that attributes provide small bonuses for different stuff in this game.
That was so lazy again tbh.
They changed em from doing absolutely nothing to being insignificant.
Weapon jumps from 20 to 40 damage and you get 3 bonus damage from attributes.
I still believe you'll be able to get some fun by going turbo autistic min-maxing the hell outta of them, but we will have to wait to see it.

Yeah, depends if they mean small bonuses overall or small bonuses per point.

The latter would mean an end game character is going to be noticeably stronger regardless of gear, much like the classic Gothic titles.

Israfael

Arcane
Going back to what stats did in G2 is fine for me, although the difference between crit/hit could be tuned a bit to make the game less easy after you get certain stats / weapons (without getting rid of the signature abuse combos that allowed you to kill anything in g2 and elex, of course)

Cunt Dickula!?

Better if you are a noob, worse if you have any understanding of timing and positioning in combat.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I've seen the videos on the new combat system, and it seems to me pretty much the same as in all PB. Maybe somewhat more responsive and distinctive when it comes to dodging and parrying. But frankly, I don't much care. The strenght of their games has always been the exploration, the going on the adventure. Looking forward to this game.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I wonder if different armors will have different effects and additions to characters this time around rather than being pretty stagnant as they were last time, if I recall correctly. I.E. certain armors enhance certain playstyles, or can be modified.

notpl

Arbiter
I wonder if different armors will have different effects and additions to characters this time around rather than being pretty stagnant as they were last time, if I recall correctly. I.E. certain armors enhance certain playstyles, or can be modified.
I have no evidence to support this claim, yet I can say with 100% certainty that they will not.

Modron

Arcane
Yeah one of my big disappointment with Elex was there was no lategame armor quest that topped faction armor like in just about every pb game ever. Setting seemed right for acquiring some Alb suit of armor towards the end.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
Yeah one of my big disappointment with Elex was there was no lategame armor quest that topped faction armor like in just about every pb game ever. Setting seemed right for acquiring some Alb suit of armor towards the end.

Alb armor was added with one of the patches. But you obtain it very, very late (within the Ice Palace).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom