Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Old Hans

Arcane
Honeslty i don't understand people who like to spoil themselves by watching all those videos.

Part of the fun of Souls games is meeting that one you new enemy and shitting your pants because you have no idea what to expect. Watching their moveset before you play the game is a good way to ruin your first playthrough.
I feel the same way. Although I did watch the first 5 minutes of that dark souls youtuber vaatividya play and he already spoiled something that was probably gonna be a nice surprise. That guy is an agent of chaos. steer clear !

Jinn

Arcane
Honeslty i don't understand people who like to spoil themselves by watching all those videos.

It's so they can act blase' and smug while declaring the game is shit through their vicarious consumption of it. Depriving themselves of all the excitement and discovery by watching hours of gameplay videos and consulting guides, playing it for 100s of hours themselves afterwards, then wondering why the experience fell flat. Gotta let all the lessers in the twitch chat know that the Straight Sword of Dingus Haven is so OP, lol don't even need to dodge in that fight, idiot.

Just gaming in 2022, bruh.

Salvo

Arcane

It's so they can act blase' and smug while declaring the game is shit through their vicarious consumption of it. Depriving themselves of all the excitement and discovery by watching hours of gameplay videos and consulting guides, playing it for 100s of hours themselves afterwards, then wondering why the experience fell flat. Gotta let all the lessers in the twitch chat know that the Straight Sword of Dingus Haven is so OP, lol don't even need to dodge in that fight, idiot.

I have managed to keep myself completely blind (almost, at least). No watching gameplays, no watching previews, nothing.

Will experience it as one would have 15 years ago, without consulting others, only IRL friends.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

100% agree with you

I usually just watch the trailers, and the first actual gameplay trailer released by devs and then I wait till release to experience everything myself. Don't know why people like to spoil games for themselves as they do. I try to go in as blind as possible and experience everything for myself.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
1:40 "Geore R.R. Martin"
lmao

Also there's a character straight-up called D in the credits. (3:35)
latest

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Shrimp

Arbiter
Do preorders also include having the game wishlisted? Or do you have to do that seperately?
It's separate, so anyone can do it. It's basically just subscribing to news about when the game gets released or goes on sale.

Deflowerer

Arcane
what kind of person gets excited about this? I wishlist all kinds of random crap I never get around to buying. I still have games wishlisted from 2015..... MAYBE EARLIER! I am wishlist abuser

It's a good indication of sales in the first few months for sure. Obviously this isn't some "random crap" people are wishlisting.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Anyone gonna replay one of the Souls games to prepare for this? From what I've seen on YT, combat mechanics are very similar, so Souls games can serve as good prep training.
Not planning on playing the Souls games this close to release, but I did finally play Sekiro since it was the only PC From game I hadn't played.
Unfortunately I didn't like it that much, but I'm still glad that I at least played through it for the sake of experiencing it.

Lambach

Arcane
Not planning on playing the Souls games this close to release, but I did finally play Sekiro since it was the only PC From game I hadn't played.
Unfortunately I didn't like it that much, but I'm still glad that I at least played through it for the sake of experiencing it.

I also finished another Sekiro playthrough a couple days ago, so I wanted to go through a Souls game to "unlearn" the parry mechanic and retrain myself in rolling again. That adjustment period from rolling to parrying when Sekiro first came out lasted way longer than it should have. I probably gave the whole Universe Dragonrot back then.

Shrimp

Arbiter
is that true? someone posted some stream when that happen but might be staged
what kind of person gets excited about this?

People who use this as a response to "FROM games would sell way better if they were made for casuals" rambling?
Apparently in response to this FROM has completely disabled online play on the SOULS games, so I assume there is some merit to the claims.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom