Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

God bless you, Dark Underlord

Humbaba

Arcane
Anön

drive-by-mr-bean.gif

Bah

Arcane
Imagine if Volourn had never been allowed to say r00fles because of a word-filter! What kind of sad place would the codex be now!

Thing is, Volourn usually writes coherent and relevant posts. His shtick is fairly minor and not annoying to read in most cases. Same goes for BLOBERT. He posts infrequently, and despite his posting style he usually also makes coherent and salient points.

AWS on the other hand is frustrating for many to decipher and rarely seems to post things that are actually worth deciphering in the first place.

Codexers: "I absolutely believe in free speech and so I would never put someone on ignore"

Same Codexers: "Oh thank you DU for filtering this annoying poster for us"

Hypocrites.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Imagine if Volourn had never been allowed to say r00fles because of a word-filter! What kind of sad place would the codex be now!

Thing is, Volourn usually writes coherent and relevant posts. His shtick is fairly minor and not annoying to read in most cases. Same goes for BLOBERT. He posts infrequently, and despite his posting style he usually also makes coherent and salient points.

AWS on the other hand is frustrating for many to decipher and rarely seems to post things that are actually worth deciphering in the first place.

Codexers: "I absolutely believe in free speech and so I would never put someone on ignore"

Hypocrites.

Since when has this site ever guaranteed shit posters eternal posting powers? It's literally rule 3 and rule 5 of the site rules.

AWS only shit posts as far as I can tell. I've never seen him make a quality post in GRPG or any other section of the site.

Most of the long term shitposters on this site contribute something, whether that be pure entertainment value or they self-moderate and know when to join real conversation.

Shitposting the only thing you do? Then don't be surprised if you end up like T-Rex or Neckbeard Shitlord.

Zeriel

Arcane

Hypocrites.

Since when has this site ever guaranteed shit posters eternal posting powers? It's literally rule 3 and rule 5 of the site rules.

AWS only shit posts as far as I can tell. I've never seen him make a quality post in GRPG or any other section of the site.

Most of the long term shitposters on this site contribute something, whether that be pure entertainment value or they self-moderate and know when to join real conversation.

Shitposting the only thing you do? Then don't be surprised if you end up like T-Rex or Neckbeard Shitlord.

It's true, but the rules basically amount to, "We can do whatever we want." I'd argue it does violate the spirit of the site. But it was probably inevitable one day that would end, all we can do is mourn the passing of an era I guess.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's true, but the rules basically amount to, "We can do whatever we want." I'd argue it does violate the spirit of the site. But it was probably inevitable one day that would end, all we can do is mourn the passing of an era I guess.

Nothing new for the staff to fuck with (and often eventually ban) dedicated shit posters though. It's been a thing as long as I've been here.

In my experience you have to be really dedicated to pure valueless shit posting to get banned for it.

mondblut

Arcane

Neckbeard Shitlord was a distinguished gentleman, and I do remember him posting in GRPG.

The 4chan spambot, otoh - good fucking riddance. I don't remember ONE WORD of meaningful conversations off him prior to putting him on Bester's ignore.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron

Neckbeard Shitlord was a distinguished gentleman, and I do remember him posting in GRPG.

The 4chan spambot, otoh - good fucking riddance. I don't remember ONE WORD of meaningful conversations off him prior to putting him on Bester's ignore.

Yeah I probably picked a slightly bad example with Neckbeard, he did used to occasionally make non shitposts.

Zeriel

Arcane

Nothing new for the staff to fuck with (and often eventually ban) dedicated shit posters though. It's been a thing as long as I've been here.

In my experience you have to be really dedicated to pure valueless shit posting to get banned for it.

Thing is, what defines shitposting? Once you go there, they can just argue your serious opinions are shitposting.

And yeah, there were other things. Like when DU went full BLM and word-filtered the serpentmen. I don't personally care about that either but it's indistinguishable from a Reddit-tier mod philosophy.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron

Thing is, what defines shitposting? Once you go there, they can just argue your serious opinions are shitposting.

A fair point and something likely to vary per individual. A dedicated shitposter is one I'd mark as who posts purely for comedic effect with little focus on relevant content.

That's incidentally something I don't have an issue with by itself, but I feel they should at least make some effort to make their shtick amusing if that is going to be their main focus.

A lot of people seem to agree that AWS's posting style is neither entertaining or very insightful. I would guess DU's word filter is a subtle warning for him to find new material.

Bah

Arcane

Hypocrites.

The point is that DU has a mechanism for you to avoid shit-posters. It's called ignore. All the codex tards that refuse to ignore people should be forced to wade through AWS posts.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Testosterone Enanthate injections are legally available to purchase in certain parts of Europe!

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I'd argue it does violate the spirit of the site.
Nah it's ok.

When you murder, you act against the right to live, and it is a reason to believe you have forfeited that right, or at least, the right to your freedom to act.

When you try to violate the spirit of the site by crying to censor others, you act against and forfeit your right to invoke the spirit of the site and free speech.

The filter is quite justified. AWS asked for this.

hello friend

Arcane

Yeah I probably picked a slightly bad example with Neckbeard, he did used to occasionally make non shitposts.
Neckbeard was a real dude. A stand up guy. An injustice was done.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
The point is that DU has a mechanism for you to avoid shit-posters. It's called ignore. All the codex tards that refuse to ignore people should be forced to wade through AWS posts.
You got it backwards. This all started because AWS couldn't just ignore a poster and asked to censor Codexers.

Bah

Arcane
You got it backwards. This all started because AWS couldn't just ignore a poster and asked to censor Codexers.

It doesn't really matter who "started it". Anyone that is unwilling to just mute someone who has nothing useful to say (e.g. saeci), but then posts in this thread that they're happy that DU has filtered the person for them.... well that's a pretty cucked way of thinking when you want someone in authority to do for you what you weren't willing to do for yourself.

Nah it's ok.

When you murder, you act against the right to live, and it is a reason to believe you have forfeited that right, or at least, the right to your freedom to act.

When you try to violate the spirit of the site by crying to censor others, you act against and forfeit your right to invoke the spirit of the site and free speech.

The filter is quite justified. AWS asked for this.
Ismaul anon! Weak pathetic cuckold anon! You are pathetic hippocrit anon! You are! You so call principles are as worthless as American Antifa anon! It is true anon! It is! You do say I am CHANGE CODEX CULTURE anon then you do cry beg cheer anon at censorship nonsense anon because you are BUTT HURT anon! You are! You are Resetera piggy anon! You are!

Hypocrites.

It doesn't really matter who "started it". Anyone that is unwilling to just mute someone who has nothing useful to say (e.g. saeci), but then posts in this thread that they're happy that DU has filtered the person for them.... well that's a pretty cucked way of thinking when you want someone in authority to do for you what you weren't willing to do for yourself.
Thank you Bah anon! Good strong REAL PRINCIPLES anon! It is apparent anon that other Codexers that do complain CHANGING CODEX CULTURE to 4CHAN CULTURE and RESETERA CULTURE do not care hippocrisy anon and do not care principles anon because they do abandon anon at first sign outlier anon! It is true anon! It is! They do spout MUH FREEDOM nonsense anon and MUH NO CENSORSHIP nonsense anon then they do 4Chan Tranny Janny word filter anon and they do cheer like Resetera Tranny Janny when censorship of poster they do not want anon! It is true anon! It is!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom