Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Ban SDG if conditions not met

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
We all know our friend SumDrunkGuy and his life adventures from his prestigious youtube channel. Entertaining guy with interesting life. However, there's just one thing that he fails at and thus is a direct threat to our beloved site.

He doesn't have a PC and doesn't play RPGs (nor ever did).

I recommended him $100 Thinkpads previously (T420) but he always says that he doesn't have money for it. Yet he bought $300 Wiitendildo or whatever it's called, and spent lots of money on Whiskey.

Therefore, as a concerned 'dexer, I want what's best for him - get the damn Thinkpad and play most prestigious RPGs from Fallout to Bloodlines at least. He will not do it on his own volition, hence as concerned citizens of Kodeks we should do what a father sometimes needs to do even if it pains his heart.

Give SDG a timeframe until he buys a PC and starts playing any decent RPG (of his choice), and if he does not then remove him from the premises.

Dear Codex cannot accept pure consoletards, there's RPGWatch for that.

SumDrunkGuy

I am poor and go to work in a shitty factory and am miserable for 8 full hours a day and go home to numb my self with the cheapest vodka in these parts and you are concerned about me spending 100 dollars on a thing so i can look at it for 2 minutes and lose interest. NO!

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I am poor and go to work in a shitty factory and am miserable for 8 full hours a day and go home to numb my self with the cheapest vodka in these parts and you are concerned about me spending 100 dollars on a thing so i can look at it for 2 minutes and lose interest. NO!
How could you lose interest in Fallout?

catfood

AGAIN
You can get an old second hand desktop with Windows XP on it with which to play all the classics RPG's. You don't have to be a consoletard forever. Start slow.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Here's what would happen:

- Codex puts together a modest fundraiser to collect a couple of hundred bucks to buy SDG a decent PC
- Codex turns to me (Crispy) for the actual purchase of the PC, since I run a PC shop
- I find a decent used laptop with Windows 7 on it, a good screen, even upgrade it to a cheap SSD and fresh installation of Windows 7
- I (Crispy) put out the money to ship the laptop to SDG out of my own pocket, SDG previously having agreed to provide me a shipping address via private message
- SDG receives laptop
- SDG opens laptop and makes a video of it while crying profusely and thanking me and Codex
- One week goes by
- Codex starts asking SDG which if any RPGs he's started
- Another week goes by
- Codex starts to worry
- SDG finally posts some obscure thing in a completely unrelated thread, probably something about accidentally spilling Diet Coke all over the place
- Codex eventually finds out SDG stupidly ruined said laptop by spilling Diet Coke on it
- The laptop is hopelessly non-functional
- SDG posts another video while drunk telling everyone on Codex to fuck off for even trying
- Codex has pity on SDG and starts another modest fundraiser to buy him another laptop anyway and asks me (Crispy) to buy it and ship it again
- I (Crispy) leave Codex forever

The End.

Gammer

Learned
I've got a T440p i7 4810q chip and upgraded 1080p IPS monitor, with Arch and dwm making it fast as fuck. A real beaut.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
IBM Personal Computer XT. Powers on.

Item Information
Condition:
--not specified
Time left:
Time left: 3d 12h
| Thursday, 7:32AM

Current bid:
US $202.50

Bid Amount
Enter US $205.00 or more

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334298596202

s-l1600.jpg

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
An T420? Why not a T430 or a T440? Or even one of the W series?

I can vouch for the T430 as a pretty nice machine.
SDG complains about money, so I was looking for something around $100. Sure, he could get better, but that would be more expensive, and to be honest, even T420's iGPU should probably run everything up to Bloodlines no problem.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom