Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Low Magic Age: OGL Of The East - now available on Early Access

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ranger class introduced. Talks a lot about it. Some changes, and also what they are working on, like new classes, and races, etc.
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/576770/view/4311631779843538993

v0.91.49 Patch Notes
176c2114f2322f581ea3d5900c3017cc4810a379.jpg

New Class: Ranger - A cunning, skilled warrior of the wilderness.

A ranger can use a variety of weapons and is quite capable in combat. He also has special knowledge about certain types of creatures, which makes it easier for him to find and defeat such foes. Finally, an experienced ranger has such a tie to nature that he can actually draw upon natural power to cast divine spells.

Major Class Features:

Favored Enemy
At 1st level, a ranger may select a type of creature from among those given on Table: Ranger Favored Enemies. The ranger gains a +2 bonus on Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks when using these skills against creatures of this type. Likewise, he gets a +2 bonus on weapon damage rolls against such creatures.

At 5th level and every five levels thereafter (10th, 15th, and 20th level), the ranger may select an additional favored enemy from those given on the table. In addition, at each such interval, the bonus against any one favored enemy (including the one just selected, if so desired) increases by 2.

If the ranger chooses humanoids or outsiders as a favored enemy, he must also choose an associated subtype, as indicated on the table. If a specific creature falls into more than one category of favored enemy, the ranger’s bonuses do not stack; he simply uses whichever bonus is higher.

Animal Companion
At 4th level, a ranger gains an animal companion selected from the following list: badger, camel, dire rat, dog, riding dog, horse (light or heavy), pony, snake (Small or Medium viper), or wolf.

This animal is a loyal companion that accompanies the ranger on her adventures as appropriate for its kind.

A ranger’s animal companion is superior to a normal animal of its kind and has special powers.

A ranger of sufficiently high level can select her animal companion from one of the following lists:

Level 4+: Ape, Black bear, Bison, Boar, Cheetah, Dire badger, Dire weasel, Leopard, Monitor lizard, Constrictor snake, Large viper snake, Wolverine.
Level 7+: Brown bear, Dire wolverine, Giant crocodile, Deinonychus, Dire ape, Dire boar, Dire wolf, Lion, Rhinoceros, Huge viper snake, Tiger.
Level 10+: Polar bear, Dire lion, Megaraptor, Giant constrictor snake.
Level 13+: Dire bear, Elephant.
Level 16+: Dire tiger, Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus.

Combat Style
At 2nd level, a ranger must select one of two combat styles to pursue: archery or two-weapon combat. This choice affects the character’s class features but does not restrict his selection of feats or special abilities in any way.

If the ranger selects archery, he is treated as having the Rapid Shot feat, even if he does not have the normal prerequisites for that feat.

If the ranger selects two-weapon combat, he is treated as having the Two-Weapon Fighting feat, even if he does not have the normal prerequisites for that feat.

The benefits of the ranger’s chosen style apply only when he wears light or no armor. He loses all benefits of his combat style when wearing medium or heavy armor.

Improved Combat Style
At 6th level, a ranger’s aptitude in his chosen combat style (archery or two-weapon combat) improves.

If he selected archery at 2nd level, he is treated as having the Manyshot feat, even if he does not have the normal prerequisites for that feat.

If the ranger selected two-weapon combat at 2nd level, he is treated as having the Improved Two-Weapon Fighting feat, even if he does not have the normal prerequisites for that feat.

As before, the benefits of the ranger’s chosen style apply only when he wears light or no armor. He loses all benefits of his combat style when wearing medium or heavy armor.

Combat Style Mastery
At 11th level, a ranger’s aptitude in his chosen combat style (archery or two-weapon combat) improves again.

If he selected archery at 2nd level, he is treated as having the Improved Precise Shot feat, even if he does not have the normal prerequisites for that feat.

If the ranger selected two-weapon combat at 2nd level, he is treated as having the Greater Two-Weapon Fighting feat, even if he does not have the normal prerequisites for that feat.

As before, the benefits of the ranger’s chosen style apply only when he wears light or no armor. He loses all benefits of his combat style when wearing medium or heavy armor.

Spells
Beginning at 4th level, a ranger gains the ability to cast a small number of divine spells.

Exclusive Spells:

Summon Nature's Ally I
This spell summons a natural creature. It appears where you designate and acts immediately, on your turn. It attacks your opponents to the best of its ability. If you can communicate with the creature, you can direct it not to attack, to attack particular enemies, or to perform other actions.

A summoned monster cannot summon or otherwise conjure another creature, nor can it use any teleportation or planar travel abilities. Creatures cannot be summoned into an environment that cannot support them.

The spell conjures one of the creatures from the 1st-level list on the accompanying Summon Nature's Ally table. You choose which kind of creature to summon, and you can change that choice each time you cast the spell. All the creatures on the table are neutral unless otherwise noted.

Summon Nature's Ally II
This spell functions like summon nature's ally I, except that you can summon one 2nd-level creature or 1d3 1st-level creatures of the same kind.

Summon Nature's Ally III
This spell functions like summon nature's ally I, except that you can summon one 3rd-level creature, 1d3 2nd-level creatures of the same kind, or 1d4+1 1st-level creatures of the same kind.

Summon Nature's Ally IV
This spell functions like summon nature's ally I, except that you can summon one 4th-level creature, 1d3 3rd-level creatures of the same kind, or 1d4+1 lower-level creatures of the same kind.

Summon Nature's Ally List:
Level-1: Dire rat, Monkey, Small Viper Snake, Wolf.
Level-2: Black Bear, Crocodile, Dire badger, Small Air Elemental, Small Earth Elemental, Small Fire Elemental, Small Water Elemental, Medium Viper Snake, Wolverine.
Level-3: Ape, Dire weasel, Dire wolf, Lion, Constrictor Snake, Large Viper Snake.
Level-4: Brown Bear, Giant Crocodile, Deinonychus, Dire ape, Dire boar, Dire wolverine, Medium Air Elemental, Medium Earth Elemental, Medium Fire Elemental, Medium Water Elemental, Huge Viper Snake, Tiger.

New Pre-builds:
Ranger - Verdant Guardian, Wild Sentinel
(Old preset characters can be updated by clicking the Reset button)
(Adventurers with new builds in Adventure mode)

e274f120b8de78cab01bdae6d505bb5df4ca8e1f.jpg

New Optional House Rules:
Favored Enemy: increase damage bonus by 1 time per 10 levels
Animal Companion: level = master's related class levels, no natural armor adjustment (unchecked: based on effective druid level)
Summon Nature's Ally: ally's level is based on summoner's related class levels (unchecked: level fixed)
Share Spells: no need to adjacent to master
Combat Maneuvers: with cool-down
Slow Speed and Graceful Step: split into 2 house rules
Optimized description of some house rules
(+2 modifications of House Rules for old saves)

8ac02919b9221334ad18f92e45517c54c1ba7cf0.jpg

Auto-Combat:
Added auto-combat: Characters fight automatically using their common attack (without using limited resources such as spells, potions, etc.). Press any button/key to abort.
(The auto-combat feature is very basic now, suitable for easy battles. More AI settings will be considered later, as well as auto-combat without battle scene, etc.)
- All party members auto-combat
- Separate auto-combat settings for characters, summoned creatures and animal companions

Two-Weapon Fighting Adjustments:
Improved Two-Weapon Fighting: In addition to the standard single extra attack you get with an off-hand weapon, you get a second attack with it, albeit at a –5 penalty.
Greater Two-Weapon Fighting: You get a third attack with your off-hand weapon, albeit at a –10 penalty.
Optional house rule: Two-Weapon Fighting: One extra attack with the second weapon for regular attack (unchecked: for full attack only)
Fixed: Two-weapon penalties sometimes are not applied. Now as long as you hold two weapons, even if one melee weapon and one ranged weapon, two-weapon penalties are always applied.
Rapid Shot: Only one more attack even with two ranged weapons; changed to Full-round action
Vital Strike, Devastating Strike, Sweeping Strikes, Whirlwind Attack, Manyshot, Rain of Arrows: one attack per target, no any extra attacks
Optimized description of Two-Weapon Fighting feats
Encyclopedia: Added Two-Weapon Fighting chapter

Adjusted Improved Precise Shot:
Your ranged attacks ignore any effects of cover and concealment but total cover or total concealment.
When you shoot or throw ranged weapons at a grappling opponent, you automatically strike at the opponent you have chosen. Without this feat, you must roll randomly to see which grappling combatant the attack strikes.
Fixed: Improved Precise Shot has no effect on some concealment effects
Optimized description of Improved Precise Shot

Class Related:
Paladin: Gains an extra feat at 1st level and every 10 levels thereafter (1, 10, 20). (To make up for the current lack of class features.)
Ranger: Gains an extra feat at 1st level and every 3 levels thereafter (1, 3, 6...). (To make up for the current lack of class features.)
Paladin/Ranger autofill daily spells when reach level 4
Sneak Attack: removed the once per round limit
Flurry of Blows: default action for any monk instead of monk as the highest class (can turn off in action options)
Optional house rule: Unarmed Strike: extra attacks
Optional house rule: Unarmed Strike: extra attacks for regular attack (unchecked: for full attack only)
Changed favored class of Wood Elf, Catfolk and Troll back to Ranger

Spell Related:
Optimized spell description format
Fixed: Class level requirement bug of some spells
Adjusted level of following spells for different classes:
Animate Dead
Hold Person
Cone of Cold
Disintegrate
Blindness/Deafness
Lesser Restoration
Neutralize Poison
Remove Curse
Stoneskin
Resist Energy
Protection from Energy
Bestow Curse
Contagion

264a482a27cfbcb370d41ba306a956fc3f7dd3e0.jpg

Others:
Added French translation of new text since v0.91.40 (thank Soifran again)
New feat: Far Shot: When you use a projectile weapon, such as a bow, its range increases by one-half (multiply by 1-1/2). When you use a thrown weapon, its range is doubled.
Reduced cool-down of Combat Maneuvers: 3 -> 2
Battlefield movement animation speed option also applied on viewport and character switching animation speed
Adjusted the fastest animation speed to acceptable level
Show range in tips of range attacks on character panel
Show subtypes of humanoid creatures
Adjusted elementals' name and image
Replaced image of Kukri
Optimized character selection UI
Optimized learning order of feats of builds
Optimized display order of feats
Optimized description of classes
Fixed: Characters with fear or other out-of-control conditions can still make AO, flanking, and ZOC.
Fixed: Dex penalty is not applied on flat-footed AC
Fixed: Description bug of Giant and Outsider's Weapon Proficiency
Fixed: Missing images of some builds
Fixed: Class text bug in French and Japanese version
Fixed: Some non-ascii characters may cause crash
Encyclopedia: Added Combat Maneuvers chapter
Encyclopedia: Improved Monster Special Abilities chapter

Added more related infos in Party Funds tip: Party Funds, Bank Balance, Total Value of Items, Total Assets
Gold pieces related calculations are accurate to at most 2 decimal places, i.e. copper pieces
Fixed: Party Funds and Bank Balance are sometimes displayed in scientific notation

Next, we'll work on:
Druid, Bard, class saves and BAB growth with extra attacks, new player races (Drow Noble, Bugbear, Lizard Scion, Gnoll), more elemental creatures, etc.

Note: If you have any suggestions or feedback, please feel free to leave them in this announcement or send to support@lowmagicage.com (attach your saves if necessary: game folder/saves).

Last edited by a moderator:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
i played a bit and the game is pretty boring,generic procedurally generated shit. Encounters lack any complexity or originality,you get spawned in one corner,the enemy in the other and that is it. It is ok for time wasting,but not if you want quality content.

Aemar

Arcane
so, they put together a d&d-like ruleset. and little more. it took them 4 years.
i heard quite a praise about this from the codex. i'm quite disappointed. kotc pisses all over this.

As I recall, the game used to be significantly cheaper to buy.

And back then it looked like it might eventually have a decent campaign.

It's kind of surprising that the developer has done a lot of work on the game over the last few years, but he primarily focused on adding stuff like deep gnome PCs, instead of just giving the player something interesting to do in the game.
I remember paying 4 euros for it some years ago. Too bad the devs haven't worked on implementing more significant content than the usual new class updates. It would be the biggest blunder ever not to introduce a module system considering this is a D&D game.

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
I bought this game back when the regular price was $3.99. Totally worth it at that price. In those days, it was an arena fighting D&D simulator. Not long after that, they added the Adventure mode, and it was a fun rogue-like D&D party based simulator. When you use it as that, it's not bad. If you go into it expecting amazing encounters and a deep story, you're going to be disappointed. This game was never going to be that, and I'm constantly surprised (even though I shouldn't be) that people still expect it to be that.

Acrux

Arcane
I haven't tried the Adventure mode at all, but I do play the Arena from time to time. Once you get into the late 2nd or 3rd level arena battles, the enemies can be a good challenge and use their abilities pretty effectively (Except for pathfinding. It is terrible.) - especially if you put it on the highest settings. I think it's called Advanced Tactics, or something similar. .

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I bought this game back when the regular price was $3.99. Totally worth it at that price. In those days, it was an arena fighting D&D simulator. Not long after that, they added the Adventure mode, and it was a fun rogue-like D&D party based simulator. When you use it as that, it's not bad. If you go into it expecting amazing encounters and a deep story, you're going to be disappointed. This game was never going to be that, and I'm constantly surprised (even though I shouldn't be) that people still expect it to be that.

Fun rogue-like?
You'd really have to be desperate for rogue-likes and forbidden by your mother in law to play the 200th best rogue-likes to have any fun with this one.

If it's not getting any good combat encounters, it's just a pile of shit because however fucked-up it is now, combat is the only edible part of the game, everything else is garbage.

Mortmal

Arcane

Fun rogue-like?
You'd really have to be desperate for rogue-likes and forbidden by your mother in law to play the 200th best rogue-likes to have any fun with this one.

If it's not getting any good combat encounters, it's just a pile of shit because however fucked-up it is now, combat is the only edible part of the game, everything else is garbage.
He's right , sure 3.99$ is cheap, but what's the point there's really lfew things of interest right now. Generic boring campaign,no depth in combat, and no theory crafting for character builds either.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
Ehh...in theory a party based D&D arena battler sounds like a fun idea

When it was released for $4 it was almost fun and had the potential to become fun if more work was focused on the core game. I might have had $4 worth of fun if I was less sick of third edition.

However that potential was never realized, the core game was neglected in favor of dumb new races and now it's $15

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
All Events > Low Magic Age Events >

v0.91.50 Patch Notes
f4700201de68dd379f09b69b6b41e0038b932329.jpg

New Feature: Battle Statistics
In the Battle Statistics window, you can view various battle stats of your characters, party, and enemies.

The overall stats of all battles are displayed by default. You can choose to view the last battle, average stats per battle or per round.

If you don't want to see too much detailed data, you can also choose the simple mode, or customize via the options menu.

d45d7d807a5ef0567dc2b84b79e8e075bf1d1433.jpg

Statistics include:

Summary:
Battles
Rounds
Wins
Loses
Flees
Win Rate
Kills
Kills (Standard)
Kills (Elite)
Kills (Solo)
Kills (Minion)
Deaths

Total Damage, Highest Damage:
All Sources
Weapon Attack
Melee Attack
Ranged Attack
Spell
Effect Area
Damage Over Time
Bounce damage
Summoned Creatures
Animal Companion
Other Sources
Cleave
Attack of Opportunity
Opportunist
Counterattack
Critical Hit
Sneak Attack
Favored Enemy
Smite Evil
Healing
Healed
Damage Taken

Actions:
Weapon Attack
Melee Attack
Ranged Attack
Regular Attack
Full Attack
Flurry of Blows
Other Weapon Attacks
Combat Maneuvers
Trip
Grapple
Spell
Offensive Spell
Beneficial Spell
Use Potion
Other Actions
Interrupted/Failed

Attacks, Hits, Hit Rate:
Weapon Attack
Melee Attack
Ranged Attack
Combat Maneuvers
Trip
Grapple
Spell
Other Attack Actions
Attacked

Other Numbers:
Roll 20
Roll 1
Cleave
Attack of Opportunity
Opportunist
Counterattack
Critical Hit
Sneak Attack
Knockdown
Charge
Move
Shift
Step
Deflect Arrows
Attacks of Opportunity Taken
Critical Hits Taken
Sneak Attacks Taken
Knockdowns Taken

2d6fa983a691a94e021b775c38360420da86cef6.jpg

1cc5a599d8e6f55f1dfe6d353787e58a94b4aa80.jpg

f5127e85e82a28fe97103c02af31f9c10d5544e9.jpg

6037646a3c2f795d2c63251b9ad6c78bbe7e2ba2.jpg

Spontaneous Casting:
Clerics can channel stored spell energy into cure/inflict spells that the cleric did not prepare ahead of time. That is to say clerics can “lose” any prepared spell in order to cast any cure/inflict spell of the same spell level or lower.

3a2f0518b33c0de6d3c12d479de5f50f1c2b802e.jpg

Adjusted prerequisites of some feats:
Following feats no longer require fighter level, but only character level:
Improved Bleeding Critical
Improved Crippling Critical
Stunning Critical
Greater Sweeping Strikes
Perfect Two-Weapon Fighting
Improved Two-Handed Weapon Fighting
Improved Knockdown
Greater Rapid Shot
Rain of Arrows
Improved Rain of Arrows
Greater Trip
Greater Grapple
Greater Bull Rush
Greater Drag
Greater Overrun
Fixed: missing prerequisites of Improved Sneak Attack (requires Sneak Attack +8d6), Terrifying Rage (requires rage 5/day)

Defense/Total Defense: bonus on AC, saving throws and Combat Maneuvers Defense (unchecked by default: AC only)

Battlefield Menus, Action Bars, and Prepare Spells related:
New option in Prepare Spells UI: Auto-update action bar by prepared spells
Character panel new option: Show Unprepared Spells (hide by default)
New popmenu item of action bar: Fill Empty Slots - Move actions to front empty slots (if any).
New popmenu item of battlefield/character: Party Auto-Combat Settings: On
Optimized battlefield popmenu
Fixed: battlefield popmenu bug of paladin

Adjusted Drow’s Poison and some monsters' Poison Use:
Drow’s poison DC = 13 + character level / 2 + Wis modifier
Poison Use DC = 10 + character level / 2 + Wis modifier
Changed to ogl/srd 3.5 standard saving throws

Others:
Normal modifiers on attack roll/damage (e.g. bonus of Divine Favor, attack roll penalty of tower shields, etc.) are only applied on weapon attacks, touch attacks, and combat maneuvers
Player AIs don't attack asleep enemies unless all enemies are asleep
Adjusted order of spells learning of sorcerer builds
Fixed: Wis penalty applied on Monk's AC Bonus
Fixed: Abundant Step and Empty Body provoke AOs
Fixed: Ethereal Jaunt and Etherealness suffer spell resistance checks
Fixed: Dire Rat's Disease and vipers' Poison also work on undead
Fixed: Price bug of recruiting adventurers

Character Popmenu: Batch Level Up: Select characters with a pre-build and level up to a specified level automatically.
Added Faster and Ultrafast for battle animations
Added Faster and Ultrafast for adventure level up
View battle stats and battle log on victory UI
New option of battle log: Set text background transparency (default 25%)
Suppress tutorials when auto-combat
Optimized some UIs
Optimized some text
Fixed: Crash caused by missing text

Next, we'll work on:
Druid, Bard, class saves and BAB growth with extra attacks, new player races (Drow Noble, Bugbear, Lizard Scion, Gnoll), more elemental creatures, etc.

Note: If you have any suggestions or feedback, please feel free to leave them in this announcement or send to support@lowmagicage.com (attach your saves if necessary: game folder/saves).

Dyspaire

Cipher
This game has just unlimited potential.

I'm new to the game, and I can already see its limitations. An empty husk of a game right now.

But the rules implementation seems mechanically sound, and deep. This is based on about 5 hours of mucking about, correct me if I'm wrong.

Is it going to be a game engine as well? Importable art assets, creating our own campaigns, maps, etc? Because that would be incredible.

Enjoying it immensely while the lustre lasts.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/576770/view/3137324424288834959

v0.91.51 Patch Notes - Drow Noble, Balance Adjustments
381a1de25ccc15166d37c53cfffc71709e758b41.jpg

New Player Races: Drow Noble - Exceptional drow born with special powers.

About one out of every 20 drow is gifted with special powers from birth — the overwhelming majority of these exceptional drow are female, and as a result, drow society tends to be matriarchal in nature.

These special births are engineered and encouraged among the ruling caste, and are far more likely to occur when the mother is of noble heritage. Strangely, the status of the father seems not to increase or decrease the chances of a child being born a drow noble.

Common drow children born to nobles are usually put to death — sacrificed to one of the many demon gods to whom the drow offer worship.

It is rare for a drow noble to be born to common parents, but those who are usually murder their parents or family before they come of age in order to hide the truth of their base upbringing and to ease the processes of joining one of their society's noble houses.

Drow nobles are more powerful than the majority of their kin, and as such they quickly rise to power within their houses. Advancement through the hierarchy of a drow noble house is usually accomplished through a combination of assassination, seduction, and treachery, leading most drow in power to be overly paranoid.

8c98c9d3deb7e3a96398917eb4559c495ef1bcc6.jpg

Balance Adjustments:

Lower Abilities Compensation: +1 house rule bonus per 8 levels on a character's non highest abilities related rolls and values, including attack rolls, saving throws, AC and spell DC, etc. (default: on)
Spell DC: + character level / 2 (default: on)
Summoner's Cha modifier applies to summoned creatures' physical abilities (+6 max) (default: off)
Barbarian: Damage Reduction: = barbarian level (default: on)
Monk: AC Bonus: limit maximum bonus: If the sum of Wis bonus and Dex bonus is greater than the highest ability bonus + 4, ignore the excess of Wis bonus. In addition, limit the bonus based on monk level to +6 max. (default: on)
Paladin: Smite Evil: bonus on attack rolls: +10 max (default: on) (merged related HRs)
Paladin: Divine Grace: +5 max (default: on)

Some monsters armed with Deflection wondrous items
Optimized abilities growth of some monsters
Removed elite/solo monsters' bonus on Combat Maneuver Defense
Saving throw bonus from a wondrous item is up to +5
Changed robes' saving throw bonus to Spell Penetration
Changed weapon proficient bonus to –4 penalty on attack rolls when use nonproficient weapons
Player attack rolls bonus of Moderate/Easy/Relaxed difficulty: +6
Enemy attack rolls bonus of Moderate/Easy/Relaxed difficulty: +4
Weapon Finesse: ...If you carry a shield, its armor check penalty applies to your attack rolls.
Weapon Finesse: Apply to melee touch attack
Zen Archery: Apply to ranged touch attack
Spell DC: Add spell level
Removed base 10 of Fortitude/Reflex/Will
Changed rolls/checks of spells, conditions, turn, and quivering palm, etc. to standard saving throws
Changed bounce damage from 1 per action to 1 per attack
Changed Wake from standard action to move action

Bonuses of Rage no longer increase every 10 levels, but changed to Greater Rage and Mighty Rage:
- Greater Rage: Bonuses to Str and Con during rage each increase to +6, and morale bonus on Will saves increases to +3. The penalty to AC remains at –2.
- Mighty Rage: Bonuses to Str and Con during rage each increase to +8, and morale bonus on Will saves increases to +4. The penalty to AC remains at –2.

Discarded Main-handed Weapon mechanic. Changed following 6 main-handed weapons to one-handed (except Spear as two-handed)
- Longsword
- Battleaxe
- Heavy Pick
- Warhammer
- Flail
- Spear
If a one-handed weapon is wielded with two hands during melee combat, add 1.5 times Str bonus to damage rolls.
Discarded Light/Heavy Thrown mechanic. All throwing weapons use the same rule: Apply Dex modifier to ranged attack rolls and Str modifier to damage rolls.
Changed Sling to one-handed

29f33846a8cd3246fe53a53904e884dbab493c4f.jpg

Improved Character Panel:
Added Equipment Information
Added Details Information
- Max Melee Attack
- Max Ranged Attack
- Melee Touch Attack
- Ranged Touch Attack
- Combat Maneuver Bonus
- Combat Maneuver Defense
- Armor Class
- Armor Class (Touch)
- Armor Class (Flat-Footed)
- Fortitude
- Reflex
- Will
- Spell Resistance
- Spell Penetration
- Caster Level
- Spell DC
- Turn
New Options:
- Expand/Collapse All
- Show/Hide Information Section
- Show All
- Hide All
- Hide Empty Items
--- Attacks Information ---
- Combine Same Type Attacks
- Show Weapon Magic Bonus
- Show Weapon Icon
- Show Weapon Name
--- Toolbar ---
- Show All Buttons
Show corresponding information as button tip
Optimized display speed

eae63edc86920d5bc3fa827ba05c853adc357e71.jpg

Others:
Optimized initial equipment of some classes
Optimized class structure of default party
New option of Combat Difficulty: Player doesn't multiply damage on critical hits
Auto-Combat button no longer affects subsequent combats
Changed Hunting Giant Spider's Poison Burst to Poison Spit
Fixed: Monk pre-builds learn caster feats
Fixed: Creatures continue to attack even if they die during attack
Fixed: Mithral light armor still has speed penalty
Fixed: Ignite damage not statistics

Slider control can be fine-tuned with arrow or ADWS keys
Improved descriptions of 6 abilities
Optimized descriptions of some items
Optimized bounce damage log
Encyclopedia: Improved and optimized equipment chapter
Encyclopedia: Optimized loading
Fixed: Encyclopedia sometimes crash
Fixed: Tip blinking
Fixed: Incorrect Finesse entry in description of Dart

Next, we'll work on:
Druid, Bard, class saves and BAB growth with extra attacks, new player races (Bugbear, Lizard Scion, Gnoll), more elemental creatures, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
This game has just unlimited potential.

I'm new to the game, and I can already see its limitations. An empty husk of a game right now.

But the rules implementation seems mechanically sound, and deep. This is based on about 5 hours of mucking about, correct me if I'm wrong.

Is it going to be a game engine as well? Importable art assets, creating our own campaigns, maps, etc? Because that would be incredible.

Enjoying it immensely while the lustre lasts.
Release of KotC 2 just might rendered this game somewhat obsolete before it's even fully launched.
I'll still keep an eye on this, just in case.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/576770/view/3220644188708074822
v0.91.52 Patch Notes - Druid, Elementals
56b5716a3ccd689f093c27c7dba757482ecb7e5f.jpg

New Class: Druid - One who draws energy from the natural world to cast divine spells and gain strange magical powers.

Druids cast divine spells much the same way clerics do, though most get their spells from the power of nature rather than from deities. Their spells are oriented toward nature and animals. In addition to spells, druids gain an increasing array of magical powers, including the ability to take the shapes of animals, as they advance in level.

Major Class Features:

Animal Companion
At 1st level, a druid gains an animal companion selected from the following list: badger, camel, dire rat, dog, riding dog, horse (light or heavy), pony, snake (Small or Medium viper), or wolf.

This animal is a loyal companion that accompanies the druid on her adventures as appropriate for its kind.

A druid’s animal companion is superior to a normal animal of its kind and has special powers.

A druid of sufficiently high level can select her animal companion from one of the following lists:

Level 4+: Ape, Black bear, Bison, Boar, Cheetah, Dire badger, Dire weasel, Leopard, Monitor lizard, Constrictor snake, Large viper snake, Wolverine.
Level 7+: Brown bear, Dire wolverine, Giant crocodile, Deinonychus, Dire ape, Dire boar, Dire wolf, Lion, Rhinoceros, Huge viper snake, Tiger.
Level 10+: Polar bear, Dire lion, Megaraptor, Giant constrictor snake.
Level 13+: Dire bear, Elephant.
Level 16+: Dire tiger, Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus.

Wild Shape
At 5th level, a druid gains the ability to turn herself into any Small or Medium animal and back again once per day. The new form can be any animal she is familiar with. But its Hit Dice can’t exceed her druid level. At 8th level, she gains the ability to take the shape of a Large animal, a Tiny animal at 11th level, and a Huge animal at 15th level.

She acquires the physical qualities of the new form while retaining her own mind. Physical qualities include natural size, movement speed, natural armor bonus, natural weapons, Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution scores, plus extraordinary special attacks. But at the same time, the new form will limit the ability to speak, cast spells and use manufactured weapons, etc.

Wild Shape: Elemental
At 16th level, a druid becomes able to use wild shape to change into a Small, Medium, or Large elemental (air, earth, fire, or water) once per day. At 20th level, she may use this wild shape ability to change into a Huge elemental.

These elemental forms are in addition to her normal wild shape usage. In addition to the normal effects of wild shape, the druid gains all the elemental’s extraordinary, supernatural, and spell-like abilities. She also gains the elemental’s feats for as long as she maintains the wild shape, but she retains her own creature type.

Spells
Druids cast divine spells with Wisdom.

Exclusive Spells:
Summon Nature's Ally V - IX

Summon Nature's Ally List:
Level-1: Dire rat, Monkey, Small Viper Snake, Wolf.
Level-2: Black Bear, Crocodile, Dire badger, Small Air Elemental, Small Earth Elemental, Small Fire Elemental, Small Water Elemental, Medium Viper Snake, Wolverine.
Level-3: Ape, Dire weasel, Dire wolf, Lion, Constrictor Snake, Large Viper Snake.
Level-4: Brown Bear, Giant Crocodile, Deinonychus, Dire ape, Dire boar, Dire wolverine, Medium Air Elemental, Medium Earth Elemental, Medium Fire Elemental, Medium Water Elemental, Huge Viper Snake, Tiger.
Level-5: Polar Bear, Dire lion, Rhinoceros, Giant Constrictor Snake, Large Air Elemental, Large Earth Elemental, Large Fire Elemental, Large Water Elemental.
Level-6: Dire Bear, Elephant, Megaraptor, Huge Air Elemental, Huge Earth Elemental, Huge Fire Elemental, Huge Water Elemental.
Level-7: Dire Tiger, Triceratops, Tyrannosaurus.
Level-8: Greater Air Elemental, Greater Earth Elemental, Greater Fire Elemental, Greater Water Elemental.
Level-9: Elder Air Elemental, Elder Earth Elemental, Elder Fire Elemental, Elder Water Elemental.

New Pre-builds:
Druid - Earth Warden

Vital Strike, Devastating Strike: no critical hits
Wild Shape: new shape's HD = druid level (unchecked: fixed)

b3dd550df346e941a7d1b92cd4797bc1b72b6555.jpg

Added 20 New Elemental Creatures:

Air Elementals
Air elementals speak Auran, though they rarely choose to do so.

Their rapid speed makes air elementals useful on vast battlefields or in extended aerial combat.

Earth Elementals
When summoned to the Material Plane, an earth elemental consists of whatever types of dirt, stones, precious metals, and gems it was conjured from.

Earth elementals speak Terran but rarely choose to do so.

Though an earth elemental moves slowly, it is a relentless opponent. It can travel though solid ground or stone as easily as humans walk on the earth’s surface. It cannot swim, however, and must either walk around a body of water or go through the ground under it. An earth elemental can move along the bottom of a body of water but prefers not to.

Fire Elementals
A fire elemental cannot enter water or any other nonflammable liquid. A body of water is an impassible barrier unless the fire elemental can step or jump over it.

Fire elementals speak Ignan, though they rarely choose to do so.

A fire elemental is a fierce opponent that attacks its enemies directly and savagely. It takes joy in burning the creatures and objects of the Material Plane to ashes.

Water Elementals
A water elemental can’t venture more than 180 feet from the body of water from which it was conjured.

Water elementals speak Aquan but rarely choose to do so.

A water elemental prefers to fight in a large body of water where it can disappear beneath the waves and suddenly swell up behind its opponents.

Each of these four elements has six variants: Small, Medium, Large, Huge, Greater and Elder.

Related Abilities:

Air Mastery
Airborne creatures take a –1 penalty on attack and damage rolls against an air elemental.

Earth Mastery
An earth elemental gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls if both it and its foe are touching the ground. If an opponent is airborne or waterborne, the elemental takes a –4 penalty on these rolls.

Water Mastery
A water elemental gains a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls if both it and its opponent are touching water. If the opponent or the elemental is touching the ground, the elemental takes a –4 penalty on these rolls.

Push
An earth elemental can start a bull rush maneuver without provoking an attack of opportunity. The combat modifiers given in Earth Mastery also apply to the elemental’s combat maneuver checks.

Earth Glide
An earth elemental can glide through stone, dirt, or almost any other sort of earth except metal as easily as a fish swims through water. Its burrowing leaves behind no tunnel or hole, nor does it create any ripple or other signs of its presence.

Burn
A fire elemental’s slam attack deals bludgeoning damage plus fire damage from the elemental’s flaming body. Those hit by a fire elemental‘s slam attack also must succeed on a Reflex save (DC = 10 + the elemental’s HD/2 + Con modifier) or catch on fire. The flame burns for 1d4 rounds. A burning creature can take a move action to put out the flame.

Creatures hitting a fire elemental with natural weapons or unarmed attacks take fire damage as though hit by the elemental’s attack, and also catch on fire unless they succeed on a Reflex save.

Drench
The elemental’s touch puts out torches, campfires, exposed lanterns, and other open flames of nonmagical origin if these are of Large size or smaller. The creature can dispel magical fire it touches as dispel magic (caster level equals elemental’s HD).

Skills
A water elemental has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.

Damage Reduction
A creature with this special quality ignores damage from weapons and natural attacks. Wounds heal immediately, or the weapon bounces off harmlessly (in either case, the opponent knows the attack was ineffective).

The amount of damage ignored equal to its level or Hit Dice. No weapon negates the damage reduction.

a307342f9021aaf84930ec19c8bf891b3efa0669.jpg

Others:
Rapid Shot: Removed uses limit and cool-down, can be used as default attack
Protection from Energy: Ranger level-3 spell -> level-2
Adjusted types of some monsters' abilities
Optimized battlefield pop menu; added show/hide and expand/collapse menu features
Optimized feats of some pre-builds
Optimized Animal Companion/Summon Nature's Ally selection UI
Optimized class descriptions/tips
Optimized racial spell-like ability descriptions
Optimized shield descriptions
Improved some Japanese text
Added descriptions for 137 monsters (can be viewed on battle or arena scene; total 192 monsters in current version)
Encyclopedia: Optimized some monster-related chapters
Encyclopedia: Detailed race descriptions
Fixed: Lower Abilities Compensation bug of some abilities assigning
Fixed: High cure DC for healing spells
Fixed: High DC for Dispel Magic
Fixed: High spell DC of Troll Great Mistress
Fixed: High success rate of critical effects
Fixed: AI uses turn wrongly
Fixed: Destruction enchantment bypass DR bug
Fixed: Auras still exist after battle
Fixed: Aura damage not be counted in stats
Fixed: Crash when enter town
Fixed: Class selection UI overlap
Fixed: Blink bug of arena shop item descriptions

7c1cade249dc05cb6940a168907c6fc52a93c116.jpg

Next, we'll work on (rough list):
Bard, class saves and BAB growth with extra attacks, new player races (Bugbear, Lizard Scion, Gnoll), more spells, etc.

zapotec

Liturgist
Purchased the game and played for about 5 hours. What I really liked?

• Sandbox mechanics are solid, almost in the same level of M&B. Not like bugthesda's games. Things have consequences
  • A lot of options, like low level "dungeons & kobolds"? Put lv cap = 10 and ultra slow leveling speed. Wanna epic level? Put lv cap = 40 and very fast leveling.
  • The AI is good which is rare
  • The combat and exploring is quite fun.
  • Interesting races, like Gray Elfs
What I disliked
  • Summon cap
  • HP bloat. 20+ hp on lv 1...
  • No specialist wizards

There is an house rule for removing the hp bloat

Acrux

Arcane
It's for sale at around 5€, worth it?

I've only played the arena, but I've found it to be a decent OGL game. Enemies will use their abilities effectively on higher tiers. Pathfinding is terrible, though.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
It's for sale at around 5€, worth it?

If you use the dollar an hour metric then its very much worth it. Chances are, if you are interested in the game you will get more than 5 hours out of it. The combat is solid. Adventure mode is shaping up quite nicely. It gets updated fairly frequently. I have 39 hours clocked in, which isnt much, but worth the price of admission. Its fun.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/576770/view/3221773958271862470
v0.91.53 Patch Notes - Bard, Character Creation
a073109e943dda66d36ec4903adec725f33372cf.jpg

New Class: Bard - A performer whose music works magic—a wanderer, a taleteller, and a jack-of-all trades.

A bard brings forth magic from his soul, not from a book. He can cast only a small number of spells, but he can do so without selecting or preparing them in advance. His magic emphasizes charms and illusions over the more dramatic evocation spells that wizards and sorcerers often use.

In addition to spells, a bard works magic with his music and poetry. He can encourage allies, hold his audiences rapt, and counter magical effects that rely on speech or sound.

Bards have some of the skills that rogues have, although bards they are not as focused on skill mastery as rogues are. A bard listens to stories as well as telling them, of course, so he has a vast knowl-edge of local events and noteworthy items.
Major Class Features:

Bardic Music
A bard can use his song or poetics to produce magical effects on those around him.

Inspire Courage
A bard can use song or poetics to inspire courage in his allies, bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities.

An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 morale bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. At 8th level, and every six bard levels thereafter, this bonus increases by 1.

Inspire Heroics
A bard can use music or poetics to inspire tremendous heroism in his allies.

A creature so inspired gains a +4 morale bonus on saving throws and a +4 dodge bonus to AC.

Inspire Greatness
A bard can use music or poetics to inspire greatness in his allies, granting them extra fighting capabilities.

A creature inspired with greatness gains 2 bonus Hit Dice, the commensurate number of temporary hit points, a +2 competence bonus on attack rolls, and a +1 competence bonus on Fortitude saves.

Inspire Competence
A bard can use his music or poetics to help an ally succeed at a task.

The ally gets a +2 competence bonus on skill checks with a particular skill.

Countersong
A bard can use his music or poetics to counter magical effects that depend on sound.

Any creature within 30 feet of the bard that is affected by a sonic or language-dependent magical attack may use the bard’s Perform check result in place of its saving throw.

Song of Freedom
A bard can use music or poetics to create an effect. This effect frees victims from enchantments, transmutations, and curses.

Spells
Bards cast limited arcane spells with Charisma and need not prepare in advance.

New Pre-builds:
Bard - Fatesinger

Weapon base damage increases by one time per 10 character levels
Remove Multiclass XP Penalty
Bardic Music: at least 3 uses per day
Inspire Competence: effect on all skill checks of all allies in range

cbcdd3a2928bde3bdc10f19aefa4f84a9180fc38.jpg

Optimized Character Creation/Level-Up Module:
Added previous step function
Added skills step
Recommended abilities by default
Preset abilities: Powerful, Balanced, and more
Abilities and skills adjustment buttons can be repeating by press and hold
Optimized UI

Arena:
Added more ways to create parties
Optimized party creation menu
Abnormal exits in battle does not count as fails
Only new challenge fails break winning streak
Fixed: battle difficulty modifiers are not counted in character stats when first enter arena

2acfbe84d3e671901f593cba3cd138636c8aa256.jpg

Classes:
Ranger: optimized pre-builds Verdant Guardian, Wild Sentinel
Druid: added Natural Weapon Proficiency
Druid: fixed alignment bug
Druid: fixed AO bug of Wild Shape + whip
Lizardfolk: changed favored class from Cleric to Druid
Rock Gnome, Forest Gnome: changed favored class from Sorcerer to Bard
Optimized class composition of default party
Added spell list to class descriptions

Range Attacks:
Dart, Shuriken: can be held and used for Two-Weapon Fighting
New default action: Ranged Flurry of Blows
Increased characters' initial ammo
Fixed: Rapid Shot and Two-Weapon Fighting attacks not stack
Fixed: Range attacks with thrown weapons receive 1.5 times Str bonus
Fixed: When using Hand Crossbow + Sling, off-hand attacks may incorrectly abort if main hand ran out of ammunition
Fixed: may stuck when ranged attack kill + out of ammo

Others:
Haste, Slow and Disintegrate: work on all creature types
Teleport: Level 5 -> 4
Fixed: some issues may cause crashes on some systems
Fixed: crashes caused by old version saves
Fixed: crashes caused by clicking action group of battlefield menu
Fixed: position bugs after resurrection

New character panel option: Show Skill Modifiers
New character panel option: Show Trained Skills Only
Battlefield menu: Show/Expand - Weapons and Ammunition
Optimized action description format
Optimized skill-related tips
Optimized battlefield movement and defense tips
Optimized some text
Optimized some UIs
Fixed: potion description format bug
Fixed: missing tips when icon wrap
Fixed: display issues of some English/French characters (f, t, v...)

5f4d2aa49d34575c919ec3ec75828938e99bd1b7.jpg

Next, we'll work on (rough list):
Some prestige classes (details TBD), class saves and BAB growth with extra attacks, new player races (Bugbear, Lizard Scion, Gnoll), more spells, etc.

Oligryan

Novice
Man, I want to like this game more because it's practically an orgy-conceived baby of games that I already like (Battle Brothers, Knights of the Chalice, Elona, and ToME), and was a nice surprise to come from a random summer sale purchase that had steam's nebulous "Roguelike" tag stapled on. Hours later, everything outside of the arena feels really unfocused and unfinished. I especially almost got a hard-on after seeing that 30+ length list of skills only to quickly find out that 75% of them aren't implemented.

Still well worth 5 quid. Got a good chuckle out of the life expectancy of my rogues being around 5 days as well. They might as well be a consumable that takes up a party slot, at least on nightmare.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom