Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Spoiler bug question for act 3:
What's up with the pirate tournament? As a pure mage I can't win, and when I lose the game locks itself after the announcer facepalms and announces that marvin does not advance. I can't access the main menu, just open quest log and inventory, and the camera is just hovering in the center of the arena.
Can't progress, please halp.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You don't have any scrolls or spells like Slowdown, Shrink, Ice Block...? Or a summoned bear or something?

agris

Arcane
Patron
The vendor right outside the arena sells some of those spells also, so really no reason to lose.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
You don't have any scrolls or spells like Slowdown, Shrink, Ice Block...? Or a summoned bear or something?
The vendor right outside the arena sells some of those spells also, so really no reason to lose.
:keepmymoney:
I tried using maximally summoned raptor, but it bugged out so I assumed summons were verboten (they tend to interact weirdly with nonlethal combat anyway).

notpl

Arbiter
What's up with the pirate tournament? As a pure mage I can't win, and when I lose the game locks itself after the announcer facepalms and announces that marvin does not advance. I can't access the main menu, just open quest log and inventory, and the camera is just hovering in the center of the arena.
There's no reason why you should struggle with the tournament as a pure mage. Do you have dust devil and throw icicle? If nothing else, you should be able to annihilate any of them with scrolls of lightning.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
There's no reason why you should struggle with the tournament as a pure mage. Throw Icicle downs any of the opponents in 5-6 casts and dust devil immobilizes any of them for longer than it takes to kill them.
I haven't found the dust devil rune, and I die if I try to damage race.

But I guess the conclusion is that the quest is just bugged and the ability to lose is not implemented properly?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
is 4th circle magic worth it? i have 50 LPs at level 50, and so far I have no problems with 3rd level spells and 80% one-handed with 180str. basically geyser or ice block everything, but willing to invest in 4th circle if there are interesting spells in the 4th (which i have found none so far except summon golem).

also I feel disappointed they locked the higher tier of spells and circles behind story that made mages gimped until chapter 4. you gotta play hybrid. in contrast, you can craft magic ore sword relatively early if you invest in blacksmithing.

Last edited:

Sykar

Arcane
i feel like i understand germany so much better now

Relax, have a sausage brother!

iu

Alphons

Cipher
Main story question

Can you find out what really happened with Marvin's father or is it left up to the player? During conversations with Jorn, Kurt and Coen (guy trying to steal a chest from Beckett's ship) Marvin tries to avoid talking about it by steering the conversation in other way or not talking at all.

While he supposedly died in an accident, a number of things point to Marvin getting him killed. Their fast departure from Londram (they didn't even tell their family and close friends), Jorn telling Marvin that it wasn't his fault, Coen mentioning that some people started looking for Marvin after their escape and the wealthy looking refugees that call you "scum" before attacking (they're one of the few human enemies who won't be attacked by guards)

Alphons

Cipher
The best hidden reference in Archolos

"Duży Ben" is a chain of liquor stores in Poland.
Market-Alkoholowy-Du-y-Ben-w-Poznaniu.jpg

How do you deal with Ben in Archolos? Poison his booze!

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Main story question

Can you find out what really happened with Marvin's father or is it left up to the player? During conversations with Jorn, Kurt and Coen (guy trying to steal a chest from Beckett's ship) Marvin tries to avoid talking about it by steering the conversation in other way or not talking at all.

While he supposedly died in an accident, a number of things point to Marvin getting him killed. Their fast departure from Londram (they didn't even tell their family and close friends), Jorn telling Marvin that it wasn't his fault, Coen mentioning that some people started looking for Marvin after their escape and the wealthy looking refugees that call you "scum" before attacking (they're one of the few human enemies who won't be attacked by guards)
Yes. In the fourth chapter you can find a letter, then question an innkeeper and then find out what exactly happened in the sewers. It's easy to miss. You're also given a clue if you use a broom at the very beginning of chapter 2 when helping to clean up.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite

:keepmymoney:
I tried using maximally summoned raptor, but it bugged out so I assumed summons were verboten (they tend to interact weirdly with nonlethal combat anyway).
I was gonna ask "why you in 3rd chapter and still don't know 3rd circle", but then I remembered about shitty circle book placement and how I had to climb walls of certain fort to reach it early. You can do that too, just search online a bit.
is 4th circle magic worth it? i have 50 LPs at level 50, and so far I have no problems with 3rd level spells and 80% one-handed with 180str. basically geyser or ice block everything, but willing to invest in 4th circle if there are interesting spells in the 4th (which i have found none so far except summon golem).

also I feel disappointed they locked the higher tier of spells and circles behind story that made mages gimped until chapter 4. you gotta play hybrid. in contrast, you can craft magic ore sword relatively early if you invest in blacksmithing.
1) It's not exactly "locked" if you know were to climb and have some summon to distract guards (or sleep scroll) & lockpicks. *wink* *wink*
2) Dunno if ability to shrek everything into oblivion in two hits (provided you have rings on magic damage) is interesting enough, but Lightning (not ball, just Lightning) can do that. And sometimes it can hit wargs/snappers/orc dogs without argo whole pack, was good spell in Gothic 2 notr too if my memory is correct. Can be found in earlier chapters near burned mill if you can handle zombies and "some high level undead" ( you will see, myahahahha) somehow.

notpl

Arbiter

had zero issues clearing the whole map in chapter 2 as a pure mage, not a single point invested in weapon skill or strength

circle 4 has lightning, which is the most mana-efficient and fastest damage dealer, but if you have a shitload of mana there isn't a huge difference between it and geyser. other than that circle 4 is nothing special

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
I was gonna ask "why you in 3rd chapter and still don't know 3rd circle", but then I remembered about shitty circle book placement and how I had to climb walls of certain fort to reach it early. You can do that too, just search online a bit.
I'm not interested in cheating like that. I'm basically trying to rush main quest stuff now though so I can get 3rd circle, cause 2nd circle is not really cutting it. Hopefully I can find some good spells too, cus ball lightning doesn't look all that impressive either (but if it's raining.... bwahahaha).

Anyway, by chugging a bunch of potions in between the fights, and maybe getting slightly lucky with rng, I made it to 2nd round and getting defeated there was acceptable so I progressed. My ice lances did minimal damage against the first round 2 fight though(reckon I'd need about 20, which is 200 mana more than my max), so there's no way I'd be able to win it. Maybe by using up a whole library of scrolls, but I'd rather save the money and limited items for something essential.

agris

Arcane
Patron
use your scrolls, you'll just get stronger later and your need for them will be less.

don't be like the bg2 player who finishes the game with 173 potions of greater healing.

notpl

Arbiter
I'm not interested in cheating like that. I'm basically trying to rush main quest stuff now though so I can get 3rd circle, cause 2nd circle is not really cutting it. Hopefully I can find some good spells too, cus ball lightning doesn't look all that impressive either (but if it's raining.... bwahahaha).

Anyway, by chugging a bunch of potions in between the fights, and maybe getting slightly lucky with rng, I made it to 2nd round and getting defeated there was acceptable so I progressed. My ice lances did minimal damage against the first round 2 fight though(reckon I'd need about 20, which is 200 mana more than my max), so there's no way I'd be able to win it. Maybe by using up a whole library of scrolls, but I'd rather save the money and limited items for something essential.
I sincerely cannot fathom what you're describing. The game has no variable difficulty settings and every enemy died to ice lance before even being able to touch me until Big Ben, which required me to run from one side of the arena to the other a couple of times before he died.

Is your max mana something unreasonable like 30-40? You should have 100+ at this point if you're going pure mage. Tier 3 alchemy is available at trainers in chapter 3 and it's not really optional for mages like it is for fighters.

The only person who has more HP than usual is the lady (I think maybe this is the round 2 fight 1 you refer to?) which just means you have to dust devil her first. Pretty sure I just one-shot her with a lightning scroll, though.

Zariusz

Arbiter
I was bored so i checked my old saves, when you are leaving your faction you can save your armor by putting it on mannquins, probably most people tried that but now you can be sure.
Also its sad that after finding treasure from that map you cant give some to that poor old dude...

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I found Veit upstairs in the inn, smoking water pipes. Maybe I shouldn't have, but I bought an armour from him. Enemies hit like trucks. Forest scavengers have been dealt with more easily, but most importantly, the two fugitives that you find in the wild are finally down. Those bad boys hit hard. Been doing some side quests all over the place, and the game really makes you feel like the lowest of the low. :lol:

I also went up to the signal house or watchamacallit. Picked a fight, and was one shot. :eek:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom