Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Angelic - dark sci-fi strategy RPG for femdom fetishists, now with multiplayer and blockchain

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://angelicthegame.com

Turn-based tactics games come in all sorts of flavors these days.

SteamGif_Header_Optimized.gif

b2.png

Angelic is a single player narrative turn-based strategy RPG, set in a dark science fiction universe.

Angelic combines turn-based strategy combat with distinctive and colorful heroes you often see in narrative games. Angelic has an equal emphasis on storytelling and party-based RPG elements, all backed by a dark and compelling science-fiction setting in which you are often mesmerized by the complexity of the events happening around you.

In the 28th century, 200 years after the interhuman war between the corporations and neo-humans, long forgotten "angels" returned from deep space. The corporations dominated the Earth long ago and the neo-humans' arrival raised a red alert for them. Especially after they discovered there was a dreadful and hostile fungus spreading in their deep-space colonies, a plague that can infect any kind of living organism.

Get ready to join a massive conflict, where you will have to question the morality of humanity, and struggle to make the right decision most of the time.

daeva_steam.png

• Gather your team of spectacular heroes, gain their love and respect, upgrade and customize them.
  • Immerse yourself into the deep lore and an epic story, experience unforgettable journeys with multi-layered, unique characters.
  • Command your one-of-a-kind spaceship and explore a dark and unforgiving universe.
  • Fight with your team to protect your allies, harass the interests of suppressive corporations and investigate the horrific infestation phenomena.

Evolve, adapt, advance… Love, hate, shun…

Exploit, aid, hide.

Take action, and rise!

f2.png

• Half of your time will be roughly spent on battles, where you lead your team for hit&run missions based on Angelic's novel turn-based combat mechanics.

• You will also command a one-of-a-kind spaceship, which is a home for you and your allies. You spend the other half of your time in your ship, and will be able to talk with your companions, customize and upgrade them. Additionally, you can make researches to upgrade your gear or ship, or to learn secrets of your enemies.

• Universe of Angelic is quite a dark and unforgiving place. You may need to forge alliances with dark characters, or might be forced to make some painful decisions time to time. Your decisions might not make all your friends happy, and you will need to be extra careful to keep them motivated and loyal.

Steam_Combatgif_Optimized.gif

• Your companions are all unique and colorful characters, and make no mistake, they are NOT your soldiers. Most of them are actually far more powerful than you, and each one of them have different motivations and goals. They might like you, hate you, or fall in love with you... Even if they love you, they may still leave you. Even if they hate you, they may still remain with you... Things are quite complicated and your job will not be easy as their leader to keep them in line. They have all unique abilities and powers, so it is best to convince them to stay with you; otherwise combats can become much more difficult for you.

• Osiris, the ship you command, is a very special ghost ship which was engineered by Iset the Mother, a goddess and a legendary character. Its capabilities are beyond your comprehension, but you will be able to unlock its features and even customize it along the way!

• And finally YOU, main hero of the game... You are also very special. You were a human pilot once, until you are killed by an archangel (a powerful neo-human) and then saved by Iset the Mother. Now you are a neo-human, but not just a regular one. You are a prototype, and only Iset knows your true potential. It will be up to you how you are going to evolve, but one thing is for sure. You will become the next archangel!

Heroes_Steam.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This is pretty weird. Femdom: Tactics? Made by Turks, apparently!

Seems like they were planning to do a Kickstarter last year but that never happened.

Harthwain

Magister
Half of your time will be roughly spent on battles, where you lead your team for hit&run missions based on Angelic's novel turn-based combat mechanics.
It would be useful to know how "Angelic's novel turn-based combat mechanics" are, you know, novel.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Half of your time will be roughly spent on battles, where you lead your team for hit&run missions based on Angelic's novel turn-based combat mechanics.
It would be useful to know how "Angelic's novel turn-based combat mechanics" are, you know, novel.

Judging by the combat showcase, there are the following novelties:

- complex tactical combat with 2 abilities per character (piecing-shot and overwatch for sniper)
- characters do not fear death, as they leisurely stroll around the battlefield flaunting their assets
- specialized character roles. the healer can only heal because pulling a pistol's trigger is too hard and is not her job anyway
- both characters and enemies enter combat in "drop-pods" in precisely selected locations. I wonder if anyone considered dropping a pod on an enemy's head.

Not sure what exactly caused such an effect in the trailer, but it's massively obvious where their legs grow from.
The game is clearly in the early stages of development, and still has ways to go, but so far it looks pretty meh.

Saerain

Augur
Patron
"Neohuman" "transcended ones" with angelic/animal features called "degenerates" by a caveman villain voiceover. Uh huh. Subtle.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fun fact: Erkan Bayol, the Turkish entrepeneur behind this game, was involved with Logic Artists from 2018 to 2020: https://www.linkedin.com/in/erkanbayol/

Managing Consultant
Company Name Logic Artists
Dates Employed Nov 2018 – Jun 2020
Employment Duration 1 yr 8 mos
Location Istanbul, Turkey

Logic Artists ApS is an independent game development studio based in Copenhagen, Denmark. Logic Artists specializes in PC games and mobile games for all major platforms.

I did work with the HQ to set up the Istanbul expansion and to manage it.

Seems like they were working on something that might have been killed by coronavirus.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
you know it's a sci-fi game because women have half their hair missing
You know only that the game was made in 2021. Now you can find these shitty haircuts even in games set in the middle age (e.g. Ass Creed Valhalla).

The other half of the hair is DLC.

I honestly am not even kidding, I wouldn't put it past Ubisoft to sell hair options as DLC.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

This game is so somebody's fetish and it's hilarious. The combat looks kind of ambitious though, with the hovertanks and stuff.

Codex Year of the Donut
Actually looks... ok? good, maybe? Expected it to look much more janky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Codex Year of the Donut
Some of the character designs remind me of Warframe, especially the male characters. Same deal with the infested.
I don't see anything that looks bad, unless something changes I'll probably buy it.

Codex Year of the Donut
Unfortunately, most gaming companies build closed worlds without real digital items, which means:

• Players can only rent short-term entertainment value
  • Players cannot be adequately rewarded for their activities
  • Players cannot build long-term, scalable businesses
  • Players hold no rights to speak in the game or influence the game’s future

I'm not sure gamedevs understand what people play videogames for

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Angelic Marketing bullshitter said:
With a strong vision in mind to make this a truly collaborative gaming experience, our team has built the game with player control and even player ownership in mind. This means finding the right blockchain ecosystem to build on in a way that allows for a Player First mentality, infinite scalability, and social/eco responsibility.

We’ve decided to build on the Solana blockchain because it fits all of our requirements; not only is it incredibly stable and growing, it’s eco-friendly, and the community of developers around it means as the Metaverse grows, so will Angelic, as will the value we bring our players.

I thought I was pretty well versed in marketing speak, but this is on a whole other level. What exactly is the difference between this 'blockchain technology' and 'real-money transactions' that a hundred failed MMO's have used in the past? Surely it's all about separating a fool and his money?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom