Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Gothic remake from THQ Nordic

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If there isn't a complete overhaul of the combat, nothing will save this. For Honor was an okay online game that I played with a few dudes, but it does not work in an offline game. Especially with non-human monsters. Every person on their team should also be made to play Gothic to have at least some understanding of the game that they are remaking.

The demo did not give me much hope.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Right now, I'm employed at Alkimia Interactive at THQNordic, where I recently began leading the writing for the Gothic Remake.
seems way too late to start doing the writing on an RPG?
Either the development was restarted, or the scope was changed (first from a silly modernized game to a strict remake, then from a strict remake to a possibly bigger reimagining?).

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Right now, I'm employed at Alkimia Interactive at THQNordic, where I recently began leading the writing for the Gothic Remake.
Either the development was restarted, or the scope was changed (first from a silly modernized game to a strict remake, then from a strict remake to a possibly bigger reimagining?).

I was under the impression that they restarted things a while after the demo and maybe they've mostly worked on combat and world construction?

How much writing do they really need to do?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sounds more like the demo was retarded amirite

Wunderbar

Arcane
I was under the impression that they restarted things a while after the demo and maybe they've mostly worked on combat and world construction?
it's been a while since the demo was released, they couldn't have spent all this time just on the environments. Building the world before setting quest design in stone would be really stupid.

How much writing do they really need to do?
I think they did the second restart. Why else would THQ hire a guy who is known for writing and designing a huge mod and a bunch of books all by himself?

OG Gothic is a pretty short game, especially if you compare it to modern open world games bloated with repetitive garbage. I imagine THQ would want to expand on it, making it closer to Gothic 2 in scope.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wunderbar rusty_shackleford

gothicgotysuckitrusty.jpg

the-circle-is-now-complete.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Nicolas Lietzau - the the Lead Writer and Project Lead of Enderal - is leading the writing for the Gothic Remake. Now I'm officially intrigued. Let's hope the gameplay side pans out too.
Can't wait to learn that Innos, Adanos and Beliar are all assholes who aren't really gods.

Is current year. Innos will be a strong independent woman of color and Beliar will be evil cuz he advocates for a patriarchy!!

there will NEVER be a good gothic game

Rusty logic :
Faggout 76 good
BG3 good
DOS2 good
(...)
Gothic 1/2 bad.

(first from a silly modernized game to a strict remake, then from a strict remake to a possibly bigger reimagining?).

I wish for a merely remake with every alteration optional.

Codex Year of the Donut
Very cool
Now just take away the "cinematic" moments, the NH mumbling to himself and basically redo the game from scratch and we got a deal

That's ALLEGEDLY what they are already doing. Or at least that's what they keep reassuring at every step.
Then again, "we are doing it from scratches" doesn't mean the result will necessarily be good.

Salvo

Arcane
Very cool
Now just take away the "cinematic" moments, the NH mumbling to himself and basically redo the game from scratch and we got a deal

That's ALLEGEDLY what they are already doing. Or at least that's what they keep reassuring at every step.
Then again, "we are doing it from scratches" doesn't mean the result will necessarily be good.
A credere ai "giornalisti" e a morì c'è sempre tempo.

In english: GRUG NO BELIEVE IF GRUG NO SEE

Dodo1610

Arcane
Nicolaus Lietzau was also the writer for Spellforce 3+ Addons. So he already has a lot of experience with old German fantasy IPs.

Salvo

Arcane
Nicolaus Lietzau was also the writer for Spellforce 3+ Addons. So he already has a lot of experience with old German fantasy IPs.
Was he now
Negative point for me since I absolutely abhor how
they offed the character from the main game offscreen

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom