Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Expeditions: Rome - the final Expeditions game from Logic Artists

Sunri

Liturgist
I'm not going to lie waifu game is strong in this title devs knew what they were doing first we get tomboy assassin gf after that Egyptian milk truck and now literal cat girl :shredder:
VDQVYCw.png

The anime catgirl priestess even gets her own ending slide, despite appearing in the game for about 15 minutes.

Hmm she joined my camp and i gave her 3k denari for catshrine i hope she stays in my team.

Camel

Scholar
The best part is after the attack on Alexandria. You can kill the Pharaoh, you can kill Cleopatra, you can kill everyone and their grandmothers, sometimes with absolutely zero reason needed whatsoever, yet you go into that library, find that dead guy, and this other guy comes out and is like "lol I didn't do it, bye bye" and literally walks away lmao.
Did they really include the pharaoh in the Ptolemaic Egypt, one of the Diadochi kingdoms?

Larianshill

Arbiter
In the grand finale, the game expects me to rely on the catapults to get the job done, after teaching me for 50 hours that catapults are useless. I'm puzzled.

notpl

Arbiter
This game needs a mod that will remove all those injury events, I can't walk 5 meters without some retard breaking his ankle or scorpion stinging someone
ghMiXqQ.png
Yeah, it's incredibly stupid and annoying. Compounded by the fact that, as far as I can tell, there is no way to pass time in safety. Everything in the game requires 1-5 days to pass before it happens, from crafting things to moving armies etc., and while your main party just stands around waiting for these things to happen they're under constant attack by rabid foxes and falling tree branches. Why the fuck can't I just stay home?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/987840/view/3099040657871785188

Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus: Expeditions: Rome Accolades Trailer
c1eef0eb24be8da3745df878680a53e718f24875.jpg

Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus: Expeditions: Rome Accolades Trailer Released

Vindobona, Noricum / Hafnia, Daniae, Januarii XXV, MMXXII: We successfully conquered the hearts of many players! With a 80/100 score on Metacritic and very positive reviews on Steam, we congratulate Logic Artists on their triumph. Watch the new accolades trailer and get a glimpse of what journalists from all over the world think about Expeditions: Rome. Want to form your own opinion? Download the Expeditions: Rome demo on Steam now - you can even continue playing from your savegame if you get the full game: https://thqn.net/rome-steam.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Finished the game. It was a satisfying experience, but I feel like the ending I got was too sugarcoated. The ABSOLUTE POWER ending in Viking made you feel like an absolute cunt, because it required you to betray, murder and turn against your companions. It was the first time in my gaming career, where the game reached out from the monitor, slapped me across the face and called me a bastard. With Rome, it feels like it handed me the good ending.

notpl

Arbiter
Re: class balance, my assassin MC just cleared an entire mission by himself on turn 1 using Reaper and sneak attack on Hard. So, I mean. The veles obviously isn't useless, even if maybe the triarius/princeps team is overall stronger.

Reaper not only triggers on tactical item kills but also resets the per-turn use limit on them. This means that with throwing knives and sneak attack, a reaping assassin can do about 45 damage per enemy, and he can sprint anywhere on the map on turn 1 to start the chain reaction in the most advantageous spot you can find.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Why the fuck can't I just stay home?

You can. Took me a while to figure out too. You can just pass time while 'on the map' but in the camp, if that makes sense. There's a button in the UI at the top right - Play/Pause. When you exit the camp, dont move and press play and time passes.

notpl

Arbiter
Why the fuck can't I just stay home?

You can. Took me a while to figure out too. You can just pass time while 'on the map' but in the camp, if that makes sense. There's a button in the UI at the top right - Play/Pause. When you exit the camp, dont move and press play and time passes.
Yeah, you still get attacked by foxes and shit if you press that button while standing on the camp square.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Expeditions was indeed retarded, women soldiers in Spain or Portugal never existed,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antónia_Rodrigues
She made herself noted for her campaigns against the Moors and had a successful military career and was known as "o Terror dos Mouros"

"o Terror dos Mouros" roughly translates to "Moors Bane"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catarina_Lopes
But, putting aside the natural weakness, she was clothed with such a manly spirit, that coming with him to the fight, cast him down to the ground, and having no weapon wherewith to smite him, she took advantage of those which his own wrath ministered to her (for as a poet said: Furor arma ministrat. (Their rage supplies them with weapons.) - Virgílio.) And so she put her fingers in his eyes, and plucked them out;

Salvo

Arcane
Expeditions was indeed retarded, women soldiers in Spain or Portugal never existed,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antónia_Rodrigues
She made herself noted for her campaigns against the Moors and had a successful military career and was known as "o Terror dos Mouros"

"o Terror dos Mouros" roughly translates to "Moors Bane"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catarina_Lopes
But, putting aside the natural weakness, she was clothed with such a manly spirit, that coming with him to the fight, cast him down to the ground, and having no weapon wherewith to smite him, she took advantage of those which his own wrath ministered to her (for as a poet said: Furor arma ministrat. (Their rage supplies them with weapons.) - Virgílio.) And so she put her fingers in his eyes, and plucked them out;

copycat

Larianshill

Arbiter
Bestia is a weird character. Sometimes he's a wise warrior-philosopher, sometimes he's a violet oonga-boonga man, whose stupidiy is played for comedy. It creates a certain dissonance.

Sunri

Liturgist
Finished the game. It was a satisfying experience, but I feel like the ending I got was too sugarcoated. The ABSOLUTE POWER ending in Viking made you feel like an absolute cunt, because it required you to betray, murder and turn against your companions. It was the first time in my gaming career, where the game reached out from the monitor, slapped me across the face and called me a bastard. With Rome, it feels like it handed me the good ending.

How many chapters does this game have? I started 3 and at this point I just want this game to end.

just

Liturgist

How many chapters does this game have? I started 3 and at this point I just want this game to end.
jsut wait till you start the japan conquest

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom