Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crysis 4

SlamDunk

Arcane

https://www.crysis.com/blog/new-crysis-game-confirmed

Crytek said:
Next Crysis game…. CONFIRMED!

To everyone in our amazing Crysis community, and to all fans of the franchise all around the world: we have a special announcement to make, just for you.

It’s something you have been asking us for a long time, so it’s now finally time to confirm – yes, a new Crysis game is happening!

We are so pleased and excited to bring this news to you, and we really can’t wait to reveal more details about what lies ahead.

Right now the game is in the early stages of development so it will be a while yet, but we wanted to bring you the news at this time as we are so hyped for the future, and to let you know that we will be listening to our community.

Crytek has a proud history of working with our community to develop the games you want to play. Crysis is incredibly important to so many people – it’s beloved by gamers everywhere, and some of those working in the industry today are doing so because of the original game – so we want to make sure the next instalment in the franchise lives up to all of your expectations. Make sure to join our socials and get involved!

As development progresses we will release more details when we can. But in the meantime, know that our dedicated and talented team is working hard to bring you a truly next-gen shooter.

I also want to let Hunt: Showdown players know that we have some great things planned for you too, this year and beyond, so watch this space.

And, if you’re one of those people who was inspired by Crysis to get into development, then why not come work on the next chapter? We have some openings available on the team right now, for people who will truly shape the future of the franchise: www.crytek.com/career

I just want to finish by saying thank you to everyone who has played and enjoyed Crysis, Hunt: Showdown and all of our other titles over the years – none of this would be possible without you!

Avni Yerli

Crytek CEO

RapineDel

Augur
Needs a sense of identity beyond "you can only run this on a crypto miner standard computer".

First game is like a more linear Far Cry mixed with Modern Warfare and it goes down hill from there.

I'd be looking into the untapped potential of an older shooter like Fear, keep the Crysis theme (whatever that is) but build on the excellent AI and shoot outs that game had, no shooter has done it since. "Amazing visuals" is the draw of every console AAA copy and paste fest out there now anyway.

ferratilis

Magister
Crysis 1 and Warhead were fun to play, 2 and 3 not so much. Doubt they'll go back to their roots with this, so... MAXIMUM MEH

Gerrard

Arcane
I think I only played up to the second one, does 3 still continue the story? Or was it another nonsense where you had to read some book to actually know what the fuck is going on and a bunch of retcons of the previous games?
Does anyone even care about the Crysis story?

Mise

Not The Best Games
Developer
The only reason this franchise was ever popular was because of it's visuals and graphics. You can't expect that the franchise wouldn't go downhill.

karoliner

Arcane
Vatnik
zbiOu6Z.gif

ADL

Prophet
Crytek representative said:
Hey everyone.
The initial message led to a misunderstanding, and we have apologised to the modder for this.
We truly appreciate all the support we receive from the community, but we also have to balance this with protecting our copyright. It can be a tricky balance to strike, and in hindsight we should have approached the situation differently.
Later in another comment...
Crytek representative said:
technically any mod of a Crysis Remastered game is a breach of the EULA, hence my message this morning
https://old.reddit.com/r/Crysis/comments/s2xe9l/oh_crytek_i_thought_it_was_impossible_for_you_to/
What a fucking betrayal of what gave their games longevity in the first place. Pirate this shit, assuming they don't go bankrupt again and this actually releases.

Last edited:

soulburner

Cipher
Mildly interested.

Loved Crysis 1 and Warhead, didn't comprehend what Crysis 2 was about and the third one was pretty much completely forgettable.
The story in the first game is kind of interesting, then things happen between Crysis 1 and 2 making at least half of it not making sense in the sequels. The whole trilogy looks and plays so differently that it seems like each release was developed by a completely different studio.

KateMicucci

Arcane
The first game was great but needed more big bases to fight in not the boring aliens. Also I dont want to play as a nigger.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Crysis 1 is the best for the sandbox freedom and physics but I liked Crysis 2 the most because unlike the first one, 95% of the second one can be played stealthily or even ghosted plus they added backstabs on human and alien enemies. Since I value stealth in games above all other aspects it's an easy choice. And it's longer than the third game as well. And there's a mod that implements the bow and arrow variety from C3 to C2. But yeah, other than this, nothing exceptional about this franchise.

Ivan

Arcane
as long as this isn't some free to play multiplayer bullshit, I'm interested

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom