Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Have I ever told you about my indie RPG MediocreQuest? It's priced at a reasonable $99.99 and you can send cash to me directly. I'll PM you my Patreon link as well, dear friend.
WOAH! Tell me more about this MediocreQuest. Does it feature engaging gameplay, advanced enemy AI, smart encounter design, brutal difficulty, passionate developer?

Yes! It's also stunningly mediocre. PM and send cash for more!

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Have I ever told you about my indie RPG MediocreQuest? It's priced at a reasonable $99.99 and you can send cash to me directly. I'll PM you my Patreon link as well, dear friend.
WOAH! Tell me more about this MediocreQuest. Does it feature engaging gameplay, advanced enemy AI, smart encounter design, brutal difficulty, passionate developer?

So you're trying to give Jeff Vogel some competition, huh?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

So you're trying to give Jeff Vogel some competition, huh?

Ok, that actually made me laugh RL.

Anyway, seriously, looking forward to checking out KOTC2 again. I had no idea that he was implementing 3D models as an option. I remember that he had some stand in sprites that he wanted to flesh out due to the backlash against tokens. Heroic Fantasy Games' slogan should be, "Where autism and ambition unite." :love:

Has he mentioned any updates on the other campaign release dates?

Mortmal

Arcane
Has he mentioned any updates on the other campaign release dates?
I don't remember. I think Mortmal or Darth Canoli know.

"For anyone who's wondering about the upcoming new modules, The Dark Arena, Forces of Chaos and Heart of Evil, the focus in all the modules will be a mix of gameplay and adventure, pretty much like Augury of Chaos but with more freedom to choose where you’re going. This means that there will be a world map or regional map.
I expect that you'll start at level 1 and you'll reach level 10 to 12 by the end of the first module, then you'll reach level 20 or so in the second module, and finally you'll finish the last module around level 30. In terms of the length of each new module, I'm also aiming for something close to Augury of Chaos.
Please refer to the Kickstarter page if you'd like to read a short description of each new module.
As for the expected release dates, it's likely that they will have to be pushed back by a few months, mainly due to the unexpected amount of time it's been taking me to fix the bugs in Augury of Chaos. So, I am now expecting May 2022 for The Dark Arena, January 2023 for Forces of Chaos and September 2023 for Heart of Evil. My sincere apologies for the delays!"

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I'm not sure these release dates are realistic since the game isn't released yet (january or february).

So, the good thing is it's going to be released, the bad thing is, nobody knows when because he's just one man and I don't blame him for it (on the contrary) but he's a perfectionist.
So expect more patches after the steam release because of all the feedback.
I'd say end 2022 or early 2023 for the Dark Arena, 2023 for Forces of Chaos and 2024 for heart of Evil.

Dorateen

Arcane
I have a new updated version of the adventure module available to download, using the latest build of Knights of the Chalice 2. The file can be found on the nexus page here:

Hearkenwold

This includes all the new content recreated from the IceBlink campaign, which I posted back in October. To summarize the relevant information:

The primary objective of this update is to continue the adventure past the events in Skardale, while expanding further the world map. To this end, I also added a number of new wilderness areas and associated content, along with one extensive cavern dungeon. These were designed as a mix of higher level difficulty, for characters who finished the guild quests for example, and also mid-level parties around 5th or 6th level. Along with these new playable areas, there are new monsters to fight and items to find.

Existing saves should work, for any players who would like to continue where last leaving off. Otherwise launching a new game will start an open ongoing campaign, larger than ever.

Here are a couple of preview screenshots:

IELgxOi.jpg

tPvRgfn.jpg

plem

Learned
so, any updates on how late this "late january" steam/gog release will be?

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I don't even dare to ask, i'm trying to forget about it and when it's out I'll be like: "Oh, a new game i've never heard about never ever completed twice, that's nice and "soon" with 3 additional official modules and a trillion of fan-made ones."

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
I saw this video and was really confused. Isn't KotC 2 with tokens?
After a while, Pierre added those ugly pseudo-isometric sprites. You can chose between those and the standard tokens. The game looks much better with tokens, in my opinion.

A fellow man of culture :salute:

The tokens also offer a lot more visual clarity when it comes to judging the size of a creature on the grid.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So I tried this when it came out, got my ass handed to me and have not tried it since. Has there been considerable improvement since the game came out?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
The sprites honest look fine to me, but I didn't mind the tokens either. Guess I'll have to see when the game comes out. I still need to start and finish KotC 1 anyway.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
The sprites honest look fine to me, but I didn't mind the tokens either. Guess I'll have to see when the game comes out. I still need to start and finish KotC 1 anyway.

It's pretty weird looking when some modules have a mix of tokens / tiles, low resolution isometric sprites and/or high resolution isometric sprites, all together on screen at the same time.

Plus there are times when the dungeon perspective doesn't match up with some of the sprites.

Just going off what's shown on youtube, maybe the actual modules in the game avoid this problem.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's pretty weird looking when some modules have a mix of tiles, low resolution isometric sprites and/or high resolution isometric sprites, all together on screen at the same time.

Plus there are times when the dungeon perspective doesn't match up with some of the sprites.

Just going off what's shown on youtube, maybe the actual modules in the game avoid this problem.

Only if you use art assets set up for isometric. Augury is designed for with that token look in mind.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom