Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why are so many Codexers like this?

Sunri

Liturgist
Explain to me how this forum says The Witcher 3 is the 15th greatest RPG of all time while Skyrim doesn't even place in the top 100. Is Witcher 3 that many magnitudes better than Skyrim? Or is it just that RPG Codex has a Slav problem?
- witcher 3 is a more recent game than skyrim
- witcher 3 has better production values, skyrim looked dated and clunky even back in 2011
- witcher 3 has hot women and sex cutscenes, skyrim has none of that
- witcher 3 is a storyfag game, while skyrim's main plot and sidequests suck
- witcher 3 has an awesome-button combat, skyrim's combat is crap both functionally and visually

Obviously fans of high-budget popamole rpgs where you can romance npcs would prefer Witcher 3 over skyrim.

I'm not saying Skyrim is a better game than Witcher 3 or vice versa. I'm saying that there's something very suspicious about the massive discrepancy of two popamole RPGs on what's supposed to be a prestigious site. One of the games is better than Underrail. The other is tied with some game called LISA. If Skyrim was 10, maybe even 20, spots lower than Witcher 3, I could understand your argument. But as it is, I think it's more likely that Witcher 3 is Poland's greatest achievement in their nation's history and Slav Codexers (especially Polacks) have more national pride than they do taste. Or they are just collecting zloty for every pro-CDPR post they make.

Please don't be racist, not all Polish people like Witcher!

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Its simply too much effort and BS dealing with pirating shit.
Eh? Go up a torrent site, click on magnet link, wait a few minutes for download, mount iso, use provided installer. Or sometimes just unrar the thing and click exe to play.
Sure, if you're already on Steam, it's a bit more convenient, just a few clicks away.
But what when you buy it on steam and it still redirects you to some third-party crapware where you set a separate account,
get to feel your way around it, then dodge the inevitable barrage of ads... I'd rather just pirate.

It's splitting hairs, but I beg to differ about the amount of bullshit. Case in point, last time I bought something from Ubishite was Assbandit's Creed Syndicate.
I already demoed it beforehand and knew they didn't do that bad of a job with it. So what did I get as a legitimate customer?
Mandatory data synch with the ubi server after every major mission, which, like clockwork made of dung, failed every time and made the game go teats up.

And don't get me started about folks who had to struggle with Denuvo chopping their CPU performance, or who got fucked over by SecuROM.

In my case, I did find just buying the thing more convenient in some cases, but these cases typically include early access games that are frequently updated.
I'd sometimes just be eeeh, fuck it, I'll buy it, can't be arsed to look up what's the newest build version this week.
I'm burned out on early access stuff, so that's less of a factor.

edit: having said all this, I don't actually believe pirating is that big of a problem simply because most of the people who pirate a game would likely never be legit buyers otherwise for various reasons.
They only have the game because its free, otherwise they never would play it and/or are not actually real probable customers for the game in question outside of it being free.
You're not wrong on this one. The practice of pulling hair and counting each torrent as a lost sale was always laughable.
Speaking of pulling hair, I wonder what feels worse for a game dev, getting pirated or refunded on Steam. I mean, you could almost smell the smell of that sweet money coming your way.
Also, what if your game has no gameplay and I get to see everything that's to see on youtube in 4K? Did you just lose a sale?
How about getting a game on 95% discount? Did you just lose 95% of a sale?
I'm not justifying piracy here, just a few things to be salty about instead (and whose fault is it if the game is crap or has no gameplay to speak of?).

What I'd like to point out that it's not always the case of poverty. All those massive steam sales, humble bundles and key resellers make games available to everyone
(could be argued if the latter isn't actually a worse offense than piracy, because at least it appears you're being legit).
In my case it's about having been fucked over by legitimate purchases more than one time.

Mount iso? Go to torrent site. Download GOG installer. Enjoy game.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
He is probably a teenager. So yes, it is an effort for him. And i'm NOT being edgy here, I do know such "people" in real life (my sister children's friends). In general this generation seems much worse with computers - it is really weird. However saying that piracy requires any effort - let alone "too much effort" is laughable. It is a few clicks of the mouse, literally in most cases.
That is literary caused by smartphones. I am not even joking. Not long ago I read an article by some university IT professor complaining that young people these days are far less tech literate than the previous generations because they are explicitly used to the android/Ios environment where everything is pretty much automated. So these future programmers that were admitted into university somehow had no idea how to navigate file structure in Windows. They straight up wrote their professor about not knowing where their projects were saved because they just clicked save and... well that was the end of it. They had no idea how to find or look up their own files.

So for a modern zoomer piracy is a lot of effort as for them just pasting a crack over the executable is way out of their league. Sure they walk around everywhere with a mini computer in their pants but have absolutely no idea how it works even on the most basic level.

Worst part is that the article was not even recent one it was several years old when I read it so the situation has most likely only gotten worse.
actually I am gen X and I used to pirate shit using Napster type sites years ago I that I would leave running for days on end and then combine the files and go find patches etc...I simply don't care how its done anymore, I am sure its faster and easier, but and even if its a few clicks or whatever I just don't care to do it now..
Oh god I remember the combining and broken up files. A nightmare. You still run into those today.

Ravielsk

Magister
Oh god I remember the combining and broken up files. A nightmare. You still run into those today.
I remember getting a bunch of files off of rapidshare and regularly one or two would be missing and the niggers on the forums would never reupload them or respond where to get replacements but they would charge for forum membership.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
About 3 years ago I informed Vaults of Pandius of some old crap files like that and they finally changed and updated them. Sometimes stuff is so old they just forget about them.

Vatnik Wumao
Comparing TW3 and Skyrim in terms of active playerbase is silly. Skyrim is a proper sandbox with a great number of mods for every taste while TW3 is a game with meh mechanics and a quite linear plot (& without the sort of emergent stories that you can have when playing Skyrim).

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
RPG Codex has a Slav problem.

Wrong. Central and Eastern Europeans are producing amazing games(pf:km, kdc, etc) and amazing mods(ret for g2 for eg) while westerners only produce shirt like Diablo 3. DOS2 and etc.

I don't think you understand. Temple of Elemental Evil? Exile 3? Knights of the Chalice? Betrayal at Krondor? Any entry in the Ultima, Wizardry, or Might and Magic series? Apparently all these games are shit compared to Twitcher 3, the poster boy of AAA mainstream trash. You know where Skyrim, the other poster boy of AAA mainstream trash, ranked? It didn't even break the top 100. You know why? Because it wasn't produced in some second world shit hole. Go to any other site, and those two games are nearly always ranked side-by-side. If you can't see that obvious Slav bias, you're a fucking shill.
hahahaohwow.jpg

1. According to official cd projekt data, us constitutes 55% of their sales revenue, potato constitutes 5%, entire eu constitutes 27%. Dumbfuck kwan audience in loving storyfag console action games shocker. Kwan accusing any other gamer population of being decline enablers is way too fucking dumb even by american standards.
2. Care to take a look at official codex steam account and research skyrim playtime of an average prestigious codexer, regardless of their nationality? Why would you, though, all that matters is they did not vote for it in the poll.
3. Daily reminder that codex has voted another console action rpg as 8th (or thereabouts, can't be bothered to check rn) best crpg in history. Contrary to popamole witcher being its own thing, said kwan-made game is also p much a mod for another kwan-made game that prestigious codex hates (honest!), which in turn is a mod for another kwan-made game that codex utterly detests (not lying, mister!), made by kwan company that is codex's public enemy no1 (i swear to god!!).

1.) No shit most of the sales came from outside of Slav lands. This entire thread is proof that Slavs don't pay for games. And I'm not talking about people as a whole. I know there are tons of dumbfuck Americans who like trash like Twitcher 3. I'm talking about the users on RPG Codex.
2.) I'm sure there's plenty of Codexers who have hundreds of hours in shit like Fallout 3 and Skyrim. But for some reason they don't feel the need to shill for the games on this site like the Slavs do. Praise Fallout 76 here and people think you're trolling. Praise Cyberpunk 2077 and watch the brofists come in.
3.) This site is basically a Fallout fansite, so I'm not surprised to see New Vegas overrated. The difference is I don't see Western Codexers shilling their AAA trash or putrid shovelware. Probably because video games don't amount for a significant portion of their nations' GDP.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
RPG Codex has a Slav problem.

Wrong. Central and Eastern Europeans are producing amazing games(pf:km, kdc, etc) and amazing mods(ret for g2 for eg) while westerners only produce shirt like Diablo 3. DOS2 and etc.

I don't think you understand. Temple of Elemental Evil? Exile 3? Knights of the Chalice? Betrayal at Krondor? Any entry in the Ultima, Wizardry, or Might and Magic series? Apparently all these games are shit compared to Twitcher 3, the poster boy of AAA mainstream trash. You know where Skyrim, the other poster boy of AAA mainstream trash, ranked? It didn't even break the top 100. You know why? Because it wasn't produced in some second world shit hole. Go to any other site, and those two games are nearly always ranked side-by-side. If you can't see that obvious Slav bias, you're a fucking shill.
hahahaohwow.jpg

1. According to official cd projekt data, us constitutes 55% of their sales revenue, potato constitutes 5%, entire eu constitutes 27%. Dumbfuck kwan audience in loving storyfag console action games shocker. Kwan accusing any other gamer population of being decline enablers is way too fucking dumb even by american standards.
2. Care to take a look at official codex steam account and research skyrim playtime of an average prestigious codexer, regardless of their nationality? Why would you, though, all that matters is they did not vote for it in the poll.
3. Daily reminder that codex has voted another console action rpg as 8th (or thereabouts, can't be bothered to check rn) best crpg in history. Contrary to popamole witcher being its own thing, said kwan-made game is also p much a mod for another kwan-made game that prestigious codex hates (honest!), which in turn is a mod for another kwan-made game that codex utterly detests (not lying, mister!), made by kwan company that is codex's public enemy no1 (i swear to god!!).

1.) No shit most of the sales came from outside of Slav lands. This entire thread is proof that Slavs don't pay for games. And I'm not talking about people as a whole. I know there are tons of dumbfuck Americans who like trash like Twitcher 3. I'm talking about the users on RPG Codex.
2.) I'm sure there's plenty of Codexers who have hundreds of hours in shit like Fallout 3 and Skyrim. But for some reason they don't feel the need to shill for the games on this site like the Slavs do. Praise Fallout 76 here and people think you're trolling. Praise Cyberpunk 2077 and watch the brofists come in. Unless you call Pathfinders, "AAA trash"? Or something else?
3.) This site is basically a Fallout fansite, so I'm not surprised to see New Vegas overrated. The difference is I don't see Western Codexers shilling their AAA trash or putrid shovelware. Probably because video games don't amount for a significant portion of their nations' GDP.
1. Again im asking: HOW do you/we know that Witchers are shilled by Slavs more than other groups relatively?
2. Where do you find this constant "shilling" of "AAA trash". Right now i see two threads on first page of rpg general. One is CDPR's Cyberpunk - it is trashed by everyone there. Just more or less. And one thread about Witcher 3 and HOW BAD it is. Shilling it i assume? Or do you mean Pathfinders as "AAA trash". Or something else?
3. What "showelware" exactly and by who and where it is "shilled"?
4. How is this thread, in which people of different origins, say in vast majority that they used to pirate but stopped it years ago - a proof that specifically "Slavs" of RPG Codex don't pay for games?
5. Edit: Why would, say Russians, shill for Polish games and vice versa? Or Czechs for Serbian games? Because they are all Slavs? Because of Panslavism (lol)? Other reason?

Care to explain all this to us, Codexers of all races and hundred genders?
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Psycroptic

Liturgist
I don't understand how anyone can pirate a AAA game in this day and age. They're all broken out of the box. Then you have to rely on pirate patches? I doubt those work. Not to mention the fact that you're downloading gigs at a time trusting it will work. That's probably the main thing that stopped me. The downloads were too big to gamble on.

I used to download a hell of a lot, but I've purchased everything for the last decade or so. Only exception being emulated stuff, what's not really being sold. Funny thing is, I kind of prefer the old emulated stuff. The golden age of emulation is right now.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
actually I am gen X and I used to pirate shit using Napster type sites years ago I that I would leave running for days on end and then combine the files and go find patches etc...I simply don't care how its done anymore, I am sure its faster and easier, but and even if its a few clicks or whatever I just don't care to do it now..
It's literally easier. Easier than dealing with launchers' bullshit or downloading files one at a time from GOG.

That's assuming you use uBlock Origin though. Use uBlock Origin.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Given a good net I can download just about anything. A gimpy net/hotspot and I hobble my ass like a crippled slug crawling against the gravitational force of a black hole. SLOOOWWWWWW!!

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
That is literary caused by smartphones. I am not even joking. Not long ago I read an article by some university IT professor complaining that young people these days are far less tech literate than the previous generations because they are explicitly used to the android/Ios environment where everything is pretty much automated. So these future programmers that were admitted into university somehow had no idea how to navigate file structure in Windows. They straight up wrote their professor about not knowing where their projects were saved because they just clicked save and... well that was the end of it. They had no idea how to find or look up their own files.

Good. My employment until my 80s as a coder is guaranteed (if I want to keep working for that long, that is). Btw, I have noticed this trend somewhat with young (below 30) frontend developers. People asking me how many bytes there are in a kilobyte and shit...

Last edited:

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm now gwtting irritated about the false advertising of storage devices.

Interestingly enough, and when I looked this up years ago I couldn't believe it, it seems "base 10" (1000 bytes) is now officialy used with kilobytes (kB), megabytes (MB), etc.
The official "base 2" (1024 bytes) names are the *super gay* kibibyte (KiB), mebibyte (Mib), gibibyte (GiB), tebibyte (TiB), and so forth.

No, I'm not making this shit up. Sounds like fucking anime.

I guess I'll keep using the "legacy names" forever...

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
I'm not saying Skyrim is a better game than Witcher 3 or vice versa. I'm saying that there's something very suspicious about the massive discrepancy of two popamole RPGs on what's supposed to be a prestigious site.
I am not. People don't just look at games from purely systemic point of view.

TW3 has the open world, meaning you can freeride anywhere. Each of its quest feel unique, because each it treated as its own story and this is a HUGE point for a lot of people (especially the ones who enojoy the storytelling aspect), doubly so considering the writing and acting part is very solid. The world is gritty and realistic, despite being a fantasy the characters act like real people. The card game is simple but kinda fun to play (similarly to pazaak from KotORs). All of this combined makes TW3 a favourite RPG for a lot of people, even though it is not as good in this aspect as some other RPGs (in my opinion). But at this point it ought to be obvious that you don't need much for anything to be considered an RPG.

Now compare it with Skyrim: it has the open world, immersive world, freeform character development and... that's about it. It is still enough for people to sink a lot of hours into it (I should know, I put a lot of them in myself), but when put next to TW3 it isn't as packed with content (quests, for example) and the content that is there isn't as luxurious.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
1. Again im asking: HOW do you/we know that Witchers are shilled by Slavs more than other groups relatively?
2. Where do you find this constant "shilling" of "AAA trash". Right now i see two threads on first page of rpg general. One is CDPR's Cyberpunk - it is trashed by everyone there. Just more or less. And one thread about Witcher 3 and HOW BAD it is. Shilling it i assume? Or do you mean Pathfinders as "AAA trash". Or something else?
4. How is this thread, in which people of different origins, say in vast majority that they used to pirate but stopped it years ago - a proof that specifically "Slavs" of RPG Codex don't pay for games?
5. Edit: Why would, say Russians, shill for Polish games and vice versa? Or Czechs for Serbian games? Because they are all Slavs? Because of Panslavism (lol)? Other reason?

Thank you in advance.

You really need me to provide examples of Slav shills on RPG Codex? Sure.

There's a guy on here named Lord_Potato. His location is listed as "Free City of Warsaw." You think maybe he's Polish? I can't tell. You tell me, citizen of Potatohole. This guy came onto my radar because he's one of many users here who frequently rate my posts negatively whenever I say anything bad about Slavs or Slavic things. Let's take a look at his post history.

This comes after he says some very lofty things about the Witcher series:
another good example why nationalism is bad,somehow the pinacle of popamole gaming (the witcher series) are considered on par with the old classics.......
cant wait for the cyberpunk GOTY 2020 from the usual suspects.

Oh, I agree nationalism is bad. Patriotism however is quite a positive value. But as you see, in this thread I praise not only Polish, but also German, Czech, Serbian and even Russian RPGs.

Speaking of the "usual suspects" voting Cyberpunk GOTY 2020, here's a post of his from a thread voting for Codex GOTY 2020:
I'll vote Cyberpunk 2077 due to patriotism.

It's the best I can do for CDPR right now, cause I'm not gonna buy their game until they finish it, add expansions and put the whole package on sale.

Voting, not based on quality, but country of origin. Yet, if someone calls people out for voting for games just because of where they are made, he gets upset:
Slavic people should be banned from commenting on slav games on the Codex because there is a clear conflict of interest here. They are pushing it on nationalistic grounds and not based on quality. Anyone who has actually played this game knows it is mediocre and not even worth mentioning in the same vain as games like Fallout 4 or PoE II Deadfire. Seriously. Be honest for once in your lives...

You are really trying to hard to sound and act like a retard. This leads me to a conclusion you are not actually one, but simply an attention whoring, goat fucking troll.

Just look at this shit:
For Central Eastern developpers however, it was a time to march against the crumbling empire. CD Projekt Red spearheaded the offensive with Witcher 3, in which they finally mastered the sub-genre of open world action-rpg. The Germans from Piranha Bytes, while licking wounds after the Gothic debacle, managed to stay afloat thanks to Risen series, and then attacked with a new take on their memorable formula: Elex. The Czechs from Warhorse decided to beat Bethesda in its own game and created Kingdom Come : Deliverance, a great first person action RPG that did strive for simplification and did not treat players as idiots. A one man company from Serbia provided the world with the best original Fallout successor so far: Underrail. Finally, the Russian bear awakened. The symptoms of this awakening could be observed for some time already. Talent was obviously there, as proven by fascinating Fallout total conversions: Nevada and Olympus. First, the Russian team called Owlcat Games mastered the RTwP formula with Pathfinder: Kingmaker (while still kept their tradition of publishing games handicapped by bugs). Second, the international team from Latvia, Poland, Ukraine and Russia created another worthy Fallout successor: Atom RPG. Hence, the curse of the Russian made Fallout clones was finally broken.

As I wrote many times on RPGCodex, the centre of rpg-making moved to Europe. Central Eastern Europe to be precise.

Poland is the very centre, with the Witchers, but also games from ex CDPR devs, like Seven: Days Long Gone, interesting DS clone like Surge (soon also a sequel, which enjoys certain hype) and several promising projects in development.

Germany with Elex and hopefully, one day, Realms Beyond.
Czech Republic with Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Russia/Ukraine with Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Atom and soon Encased.
Serbia with Underrail.
Estonia with Disco Elysium.

Propably there are more, which I am forgetting atm.

Purchased on GOG like a good potato. Will hold myself from playing until it's done though!

Seriously, just look through this guy's post history. It's full of Slavic circle jerking and CDPR dick sucking. He's not here to talk about RPGs. He's here to push an agenda. I really can't help but think there's some astroturfing going on in these forums.

And going through his post history, I found one of my old posts that still ring true:
Here comes another Slavic circle jerk.

I pretty much exclusively get my RPG recommendations from this site, but nowadays I'm always checking the game's country of origin. Anything made east of Germany I have to question. Damn Slavs overhype every shit or mediocre game they churn out. It's because of this I'm afraid I might miss out on some actual gems.

He is probably a teenager. So yes, it is an effort for him. And i'm NOT being edgy here, I do know such "people" in real life (my sister children's friends). In general this generation seems much worse with computers - it is really weird. However saying that piracy requires any effort - let alone "too much effort" is laughable. It is a few clicks of the mouse, literally in most cases.

So for a modern zoomer piracy is a lot of effort as for them just pasting a crack over the executable is way out of their league. Sure they walk around everywhere with a mini computer in their pants but have absolutely no idea how it works even on the most basic level.

Worst part is that the article was not even recent one it was several years old when I read it so the situation has most likely only gotten worse.
even worse was that sometimes I was logged into my neighbors internet and had to leave my laptop in a certain corner of the house to get a good enough signal. I can't remember if I used their internet because it was faster, or because ours limited the download amount or simply to hide my identity now..I honestly can't remember why I would have been logged into my neighbors internet so much, but I just remember that I was lol..

Harthwain

Magister
That's not what he's asking for. He asks for the actual numbers. Or some other definitive proof that Witchers are shilled by Slavs more than other groups relatively.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Where are the peer reviewed papers detailing the Slav Invasion? Ask Joe Rogan to ask someone to look that up.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Just look at this shit:

As I wrote many times on RPGCodex, the centre of rpg-making moved to Europe. Central Eastern Europe to be precise.

Poland is the very centre, with the Witchers, but also games from ex CDPR devs, like Seven: Days Long Gone, interesting DS clone like Surge (soon also a sequel, which enjoys certain hype) and several promising projects in development.

Serbia with Underrail.

Seriously, just look through this guy's post history. It's full of Slavic circle jerking and CDPR dick sucking. He's not here to talk about RPGs. He's here to push an agenda. I really can't help but think there's some astroturfing going on in these forums.

His "Poland is the very centre" statement is debatable, but otherwise he's pretty much just stating facts, no? Most interesting RPGs have been coming out of Europe for quite a while now, Eastern Europe, in particular, while the US has been just churning out the same AAA bullshit. He kinda forgot about Hungary and the French, okay, but otherwise he's correct in his assessment. As I see it, the glory days of US based RPG development have long passed, probably after the early 2000s, wouldn't you agree with that?

And even though VaultDweller lives in Canada, I think he should still be considered an Eastern European developer -- at the very least in spirit! (plus about half of Iron Tower Studios are located in Ukraine or something, if I remember well).
Cleve Blakemore would be one notable exception, but he's a Neanderthal anyway, so that doesn't count :M

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Thank you in advance.

There's a guy on here named Lord_Potato. His location is listed as "Free City of Warsaw." You think maybe he's Polish? I can't tell. You tell me, citizen of Potatohole. This guy came onto my radar because he's one of many users here who frequently rate my posts negatively whenever I say anything bad about Slavs or Slavic things. Let's take a look at his post history.

This comes after he says some very lofty things about the Witcher series:
another good example why nationalism is bad,somehow the pinacle of popamole gaming (the witcher series) are considered on par with the old classics.......
cant wait for the cyberpunk GOTY 2020 from the usual suspects.

Oh, I agree nationalism is bad. Patriotism however is quite a positive value. But as you see, in this thread I praise not only Polish, but also German, Czech, Serbian and even Russian RPGs.

Speaking of the "usual suspects" voting Cyberpunk GOTY 2020, here's a post of his from a thread voting for Codex GOTY 2020:
I'll vote Cyberpunk 2077 due to patriotism.

It's the best I can do for CDPR right now, cause I'm not gonna buy their game until they finish it, add expansions and put the whole package on sale.

Voting, not based on quality, but country of origin. Yet, if someone calls people out for voting for games just because of where they are made, he gets upset:
Slavic people should be banned from commenting on slav games on the Codex because there is a clear conflict of interest here. They are pushing it on nationalistic grounds and not based on quality. Anyone who has actually played this game knows it is mediocre and not even worth mentioning in the same vain as games like Fallout 4 or PoE II Deadfire. Seriously. Be honest for once in your lives...

You are really trying to hard to sound and act like a retard. This leads me to a conclusion you are not actually one, but simply an attention whoring, goat fucking troll.

Just look at this shit:
For Central Eastern developpers however, it was a time to march against the crumbling empire. CD Projekt Red spearheaded the offensive with Witcher 3, in which they finally mastered the sub-genre of open world action-rpg. The Germans from Piranha Bytes, while licking wounds after the Gothic debacle, managed to stay afloat thanks to Risen series, and then attacked with a new take on their memorable formula: Elex. The Czechs from Warhorse decided to beat Bethesda in its own game and created Kingdom Come : Deliverance, a great first person action RPG that did strive for simplification and did not treat players as idiots. A one man company from Serbia provided the world with the best original Fallout successor so far: Underrail. Finally, the Russian bear awakened. The symptoms of this awakening could be observed for some time already. Talent was obviously there, as proven by fascinating Fallout total conversions: Nevada and Olympus. First, the Russian team called Owlcat Games mastered the RTwP formula with Pathfinder: Kingmaker (while still kept their tradition of publishing games handicapped by bugs). Second, the international team from Latvia, Poland, Ukraine and Russia created another worthy Fallout successor: Atom RPG. Hence, the curse of the Russian made Fallout clones was finally broken.

Serbia with Underrail.

Purchased on GOG like a good potato. Will hold myself from playing until it's done though!

And going through his post history, I found one of my old posts that still ring true:
Here comes another Slavic circle jerk.

I pretty much exclusively get my RPG recommendations from this site, but nowadays I'm always checking the game's country of origin. Anything made east of Germany I have to question. Damn Slavs overhype every shit or mediocre game they churn out. It's because of this I'm afraid I might miss out on some actual gems.

Don't shit yourself, Mr. Detective.

Apart from "shilling" for CDPR, Warhorse (Czech studio), ATOM team (international, but centered around Russia/Ukraine I think) ZA/UM (Estonians are not even Slavs) and Spiders (French are definately not Slavs) I occupy myself with playing and reviewing old and obscure indies like Teudogar and the Alliance with Rome, Prelude to Darkness or Omega Syndrome. Generally, I've played and discussed games here you probably haven't even heard of.

Besides, the recent dominance of Central-Eastern Europe in making quality RPGs is a no-brainer. What did the West put out in the last decade to compete with games like Underrail, ATOM, Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Disco Elysium? The region has most subgenres of RPGs (maybe except blobbers) covered. Care to give examples of US-made RPGs that are not unoriginal, woke garbage?

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
No shit most of the sales came from outside of Slav lands.
Don't try to dilute this by talking about some "lands". The point is that witch3r was made for kwans. It is kwans who gobble it up while begging for more. It is for kwans it has shifted from fairly traditional crpg formula to full blown open world visceral experience with awesome buttons. And both sides have never been happier. Stop wallowing in manure and some slavs will probably be happy to make games like atom or pathfinder for you.
And I'm not talking about people as a whole. I know there are tons of dumbfuck Americans who like trash like Twitcher 3. I'm talking about the users on RPG Codex.
I'm sure there's plenty of Codexers who have hundreds of hours in shit like Fallout 3 and Skyrim. But for some reason they don't feel the need to shill for the games on this site like the Slavs do. Praise Fallout 76 here and people think you're trolling. Praise Cyberpunk 2077 and watch the brofists come in.
I'm really not frequenting these types of threads often or diligently enough, but I guess you're 100% right. Codex has shifted and threads about popamole get more and more pages and comments compared to good games. You have literally dozens of users with animu avatars running around daydreaming about RPG Maker Loli Tiddies Simulator XII and so on. I just don't see what makes you particularly buttblasted about da witcha. If you want people to continue playing skyrim but vote for prestigious TOEE then it's a bit of a weird flex, but ok.
This site is basically a Fallout fansite, so I'm not surprised to see New Vegas overrated.
Weird. I'd say you should be at least a bit surprised, since quite a few games or total conversions were released by now that provide a way better Fallout experience than New Vegas. And none of them received even a small fraction of FNV's recognition on the codex. I wonder why.
The difference is I don't see Western Codexers shilling their AAA trash or putrid shovelware. Probably because video games don't amount for a significant portion of their nations' GDP.
Yeah, I've never seen aggressive shilling for kwan games or developers on the codex, particularly not from some very well-known users. It would be super freaking weird if it ever happened.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
is there an easy way to ignore all slav posters?
log.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom