Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
tiki-god.png

What's a Paladin?

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
i decided to mess around in *that* mission in homeworld cataclysm

hardcore bumper grinding

2K0YglK.jpg

i always thought that the kuun-lan would have been subverted, but it just gets blown up by infection spam in like 30 seconds or something

Riskbreaker

Prodeus custom map scene is bangin

09q3ut-ijq.jpg

If you haven't, do check out vladd's maps. He made these huge, detailed scenarios with Build-esque sense of place and actual narrative to them. I've never seen anyone else managing to produce the sorts of environments he did outta Prodeus' assets.

457D97E477EA5EF96B77B7EEB1C1122BBAB1A4B1

This is from "Extraction".

Been some time since I've checked Prodeus tho, hopefully there's more good stuff available now. (I imagine the devs still haven't saw fit to allow you to disable bloom, CA, vignette etc)

Falkner

Thread Decliner
Patron
Wasteland 2
sdVrQK5.png

OUaTdl9.png

Flea Men.:x
OjgVJUI.png

9hj4Fb7.png

Breaking spikes is so satisfying.
Tvfj8jS.png

Z6jzdx0.png

What a tedious exercise.
qXGBI7m.png

P0USdg7.png

E4OJMgM.png

AmZGFqV.png

Good enough for me.

Fun game, didn't blow me away, 4 trolls out of 5.

Last edited:

Dr1f7

Scholar
Reminds me of old Sauerbraten maps, with the difference that they actually looked good.

never heard of sauerbraten but I checked it out and it looks really cool, wish I had known about it a few years ago.

If you haven't, do check out vladd's maps. He made these huge, detailed scenarios with Build-esque sense of place and actual narrative to them. I've never seen anyone else managing to produce the sorts of environments he did outta Prodeus' assets.

Been some time since I've checked Prodeus tho, hopefully there's more good stuff available now. (I imagine the devs still haven't saw fit to allow you to disable bloom, CA, vignette etc)

That looks badass! I think Prodeus has potential to really be a great custom map platform, especially since they're supposedly adding co-op. The custom map design part seems to be there, but it's still missing a few things (ability to import custom enemy models/designs, assets, custom music, and maybe some graphic options)

It feels very close to being something great, and I hope the devs realize the potential it has. Its modding community is really something special, and it'd be a shame if they squander it.

Riskbreaker

The catacombs section in Dark Messiah is like some Source tribute to TDP's Bonehoard. Makes one dream of a Source-powered Thief game/Thief-clone that never was and never will be.
(Hell, DM even had a simplified lighting-based stealth and at one point you can find a rogue's apparel with a "G" marked on it)

HansDampf

Arcane
La5nebe.jpg

It's a remake of the Full Tilt Space Cadet table for Visual Pinball X with better sound effects, remixed music, voice samples, and the more realistic physics of VPX. Rules and mechanics are almost identical.
I played around with lots of different tables in VPX, but this is the one I've spent the most time with. :oops:

Original for comparison:
space-cadet-3d-pinball_1.jpg

In action:

Anyway, more cool VPX tables.

HN1PTWS.jpg

mpUtYVL.jpg

Get da checkpawt!

2g9EQ3h.jpg

4ncJgn2.jpg

2kUWPSD.jpg

PlFfbwA.jpg

0SAf2Xt.jpg

Space Ramps

0XcJoFW.jpg

Pokéballs. :shittydog:

GUlw1VS.jpg

Ca4RPre.jpg

3MCoZQY.jpg

:hmmm:

MAnFlcm.jpg

xao2R6B.jpg
:thumbsup:

toughasnails

Nothing much imo. It looks and plays like Deadly Shadows minus that game's retarded movement and physics, so it's fine by me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom